Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They might. Wouldn't be surprised if they bounced back and made finals either. Essendon were awful and came 8th this year, not sure the gap between 7 and 17 is that big.

I think it's a fine trade for North, they got more than enough value back for the pick they gave away. I just think the list is in a position where I'd rather get use the high pick now rather than in 12 months time.

Probably doesn't matter much and if Melbourne has a similar year again next year then North have smashed it.
They won’t be as bad as this year, but their list dynamics are still a bit off, including their KPP stocks and outside class.

A small forward is needed, but they have more pressing list concerns.

North are happy with LDU/Ahern/Simpkin/TT/Larkey/Zurhaar for the upper end of higher talent to improve the list, while there’s a few secondary bolsters like Scott/Crocker/Taylor coming through nicely. Walker and Vickers Willis are another two who have good potential, if they can get on the park.

We have list gaps, but we obviously have later draft targets this year and targets for next year.

Looks like a grouse trade for North but I question the decision to prolong the development of a top draft pick for another year whilst they have Higgins, Cunnington, Brown and Tarrant in the twilight of their prime.

Higgins is the only one over 30 there, albeit Taz will be 31 next year. All of those players have years left in them.

Looks like a grouse trade for North but I question the decision to prolong the development of a top draft pick for another year whilst they have Higgins, Cunnington, Brown and Tarrant in the twilight of their prime.
Cunnington and Brown are in their late 20s, not their twilight. Tarrant just turned 30 and we managed to replace Higgins output for the most part when he was out this year.

KPD and small forward depth are the only concerns. A nice HB and classy mid would also be nice, but aren’t pressing concerns.

North can’t lose, and it looks like Melbourne could lose out in a big way if things go pear shaped next year.

There isn’t a big discrepancy between pick 8 and pick 26 in this draft.

Admittedly though there a lot of players that suit Melbourne’s needs in the top 10 of this year’s draft and they want to cherrypick a couple.

Higgins is the only one over 30 there, albeit Taz will be 31 next year. All of those players have years left in them.
Cunnington and Brown are in their late 20s, not their twilight. Tarrant just turned 30 and we managed to replace Higgins output for the most part when he was out this year.

KPD and small forward depth are the only concerns. A nice HB and classy mid would also be nice, but aren’t pressing concerns.
Perhaps "twilight" of their careers is a stretch, but by the time these first round selections are into their third to fourth seasons and becoming reliable best 22 players (best case scenario too, it's no guarantee), remember that the players listed will also be 3-4 years older.

Perhaps "twilight" of their careers is a stretch, but by the time these first round selections are into their third to fourth seasons and becoming reliable best 22 players (best case scenario too, it's no guarantee), remember that the players listed will also be 3-4 years older.
Then we’ll have the likes of LDU/TT etc entering their prime in 3-5 years time. We can also do a hawthorn and fill a specific list gap if need be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if this changes the Dogs approach to refusing to give up 13.

They were rumoured to also want him and 13 would have been a sweet spot you'd think.

Dee's would appear a lock for him now.
There’s been nothing linking us to Weightman apart some of us amateur big footy posters suggesting a small forward is a list gap and 13 is where a team would start looking at him.

How at the age of 26 is Brown in his twilight?

Iswear to ****ing god, you lot would declare a cup of sperm as over the hill.

Yep been linked to Weightman. 8 does seem early for a small forward.

When you look at Melbournes small forward stocks it probably isnt. Put it this way Melbourne would trade 8 for Ainsworth if he were gettable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Back