Club Focus North Melbourne 2023 - end of 1st round priority picks, extra rookie spots

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

If the picks stay as they are I hope at least one of 15/17/18 are spent on a key back. Not sure it helps much in 2024 though. Suspect a delisted free agent and/or state league type will join as well.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with this. In terms of a state league player we did that with Toby Pink.

I think that the KPD thing is overblown.

We have effectively added 3 players (Dawson, Pink, Biggie) with the intent to play them there all of whom are likely to be closer to nailing it down as a spot rather than an 18 year old.

No issue spending draft picks on a KPD. The idea that by not spending picks two or three we are somehow being negligent is nonsensical hyperbole.

So McKay was a spud when the trade was going on, and suddenly there is a massive void in the backline.

Never change BF, never change.
He is an average key defender, but you will be replacing him with a significantly below average key defender even at vfl level. So yep, both those things are true at North. My club has similar problems at key defender. Blanck is pretty average (but better 1on1 than mckay despite being 3 years younger) but if we lost him it would leave a huge hole.

Anyone know whether Toby Pink is on rookie or primary list?

Last year i believe Francis Evans was on the primary list after being a DFA and Jed Anderson was put on the rookie as a DFA

Anyone know whether Toby Pink is on rookie or primary list?

Last year i believe Francis Evans was on the primary list after being a DFA and Jed Anderson was put on the rookie as a DFA
Had a look and can't find anything. I had assumed he'd be the main list.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So which of the delisted free agents could be of use to them.

James Stewart from Essendon is a big body to play down back but has injury issues. None of the rest of our delistings would help you at all.

So McKay was a spud when the trade was going on, and suddenly there is a massive void in the backline.

If mckay is average nyuon is barely gdfl level.

McKay isn’t a spud.
He’s just not a top flight defender.
He does his job in a defence where the ball comes in more than any other club in the league and is an outstanding interceptor.

Who plays around him? Corr? He’s a third defender at best. Pink? He’s a state league player. Dawson? If he didn’t get a shot last year I doubt he’d be up to it.
Biggie? He’s more of a potential third tall defender you bring in when your two key defenders are solid.

There’s a big issue for them next year.

Not sure “priority “ is the correct word. Kind of means getting first crack. In days gone by they were a priority pick. No longer the case .

Additional draft assistance is what we got.

Not sure “priority “ is the correct word. Kind of means getting first crack. In days gone by they were a priority pick. No longer the case .

Additional draft assistance is what we got.
Let’s not go making sense here……..next thing you’ll be suggesting is that the FA rule that was introduced in 2012 was somehow “altered” to suit North because “reasons blah blah”.
Much better having the tinfoil hat brigade saying “north got a leg up and it’s not the same as in the past because……..rrrreeaassonnns”.
Other clubs are hilarious.
I’ve read plenty on BF from Hawks, Dees, Pies, Blues and other supporters who have all choked on the c*ck of priority picks that they all of a sudden shouldn’t exist for us……We don’t even get a priority pick, we get an assistance package, that are start of 2nd rounders, dressed up as priority picks and they still bleat and moan. just whinging supporters that are never happy.
Somehow the McKay compo is our assistance package as well. FFS. What’s that great old racing racing, “Always back self interest, at least ya know it’s trying”.
*Don’t forget how rich West Coast are, that seems to be really really important.

Edit……Let’s also remember that the “assistance package end of first rounders”, are all useless and no one wants our rubbish picks, but “wah wah wah it’s too much to give North, way too much!”

Let’s not go making sense here……..next thing you’ll be suggesting is that the FA rule that was introduced in 2012 was somehow “altered” to suit North because “reasons blah blah”.
Much better having the tinfoil hat brigade saying “north got a leg up and it’s not the same as in the past because……..rrrreeaassonnns”.
Other clubs are hilarious.
I’ve read plenty on BF from Hawks, Dees, Pies, Blues and other supporters who have all choked on the c*ck of priority picks that they all of a sudden shouldn’t exist for us……We don’t even get a priority pick, we get an assistance package, that are start of 2nd rounders, dressed up as priority picks and they still bleat and moan. just whinging supporters that are never happy.
Somehow the McKay compo is our assistance package as well. FFS. What’s that great old racing racing, “Always back self interest, at least ya know it’s trying”.
*Don’t forget how rich West Coast are, that seems to be really really important.

Edit……Let’s also remember that the “assistance package end of first rounders”, are all useless and no one wants our rubbish picks, but “wah wah wah it’s too much to give North, way too much!”
But, but we’ve five priority picks the league record.

It is comical the carry on. Looking fwd to playing Hawk and Essington

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I did and look fwd to it again. Thought we let ourselves down against you guys.

I know where we’re at, and both lot of supporters have been fairly vocal in what they think of North . Should be fun 🤩
Your accuracy is pretty incredible. And I mean that literally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus North Melbourne 2023 - end of 1st round priority picks, extra rookie spots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back