North Melbourne v Sydney Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I got into the game cheap (beneficiary of an unwanted ticket) and left not long after half time. Very ordinary game. And Sydney should be shot for their kicking.

However, for those who might think the Swans' tactics are making them unpopular, you'd be well advised to take a look at how many Sydney fans made the trip down here to see their team play. VERY big Swans contingent in the crowd, and certainly lots of interest from the locals here as well.

The Swans with their handball at all costs style of play probably did themselves out of any chance of winning. The more they handballed the more they made costly mistakes. Terrible game to watch in the last quarter.

Poor performance, especially the last quarter by the swans. Too many players went missing and Maxfield should be thinking that he stayed on for one season too many.

Full credit to the roos, at least you attacked (for a while) in the last quarter and showed you wanted to win the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abaddon said:
kangaroos in another ugly, scrappy game. hardly a surprise after last week.

Yep, thats right. Played two of the three heavy flooders in the comp in the first two weeks, what do you expect? Thankfully we do not play the Bulldogs until midway through the season. Having Archer run around loose in defense is what you get when you are a one forward team.

What happens when the game opens up? We kick away. This time it was our turn to run out the game with only one and half players on the bench, and the conditions were much warmer so the boys did well to kick away in the last quarter after being 16 points down late in the third quarter.

Full credit to the swans, they played a hard physical game and it wasn't the prettiest to watch but it was good tough contest. Their defensive midfield did a very good job to choke out our midfielders so we had to generate a lot of run from defense, it is never going to look pretty when that happens.

Imho, it was not the swans who caused this ugly display, rather Laidley instigated it with Colbert/Archer as spare man down back. Very boring.
But well deserved Roos, u had the heart and we ran out of legs.
Bit frustrated though as i think we had the better in the first 3 qrts

BomberAUS said:
Lol this is pathetic.

Kangaroos kicking backwards more then 50% of the time lol, even the crowd is boo'ing.

We kick backwards to force their entire team, which is in our forward 50, to get out of there. What is the point in bombing into the forward 50 when there are 40 players in there just to let them run it out of defense?

thommoone said:
Imho, it was not the swans who caused this ugly display, rather Laidley instigated it with Colbert/Archer as spare man down back. Very boring.
But well deserved Roos, u had the heart and we ran out of legs.
Bit frustrated though as i think we had the better in the first 3 qrts

News flash, every team plays with a loose man in defense when the opposition has a potent forward. Fletcher did it in last nights game and did it brilliantly until someone picked him up. Swans should have had his man line up next to him so he was not unaccountable when they went forward.

well that di end up occuring and there was the problem. all of a sudden we have a crowded forward line where roos were constantly flooding :(
I hate too watch this, especially when it results in the roos winning it. i was getting used to beating the roos for a few years but now, rnd 19 and today remind me how much i hate losing to them. Cant stand the roos. I wouldn actually mind if they rolled over and died, Laidley is an awlful boring coach, realise that it is not the swans but there oponents that often slow the game up.
Wish pagan was still there, then it would be god to watch, aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

thommoone said:
well that di end up occuring and there was the problem. all of a sudden we have a crowded forward line where roos were constantly flooding :(
I hate too watch this, especially when it results in the roos winning it. i was getting used to beating the roos for a few years but now, rnd 19 and today remind me how much i hate losing to them. Cant stand the roos. I wouldn actually mind if they rolled over and died, Laidley is an awlful boring coach, realise that it is not the swans but there oponents that often slow the game up.
Wish pagan was still there, then it would be god to watch, aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Go and get ********ed ********er!!

Beat you at your own game.
hate getting beaten by the Roos?...well get used to it.

Outplayed...Outthought...Outgutsed...Outclassed....join in the ********ing chorus!!

thommoone said:

Wow, that was a pretty pathetic attempt at a cry. How can you possibly hate a team that isn't even in the premiership picture. Oh, still bitter about the lost grand final?

Stealth bomber said:
Geez, this game was painful to follow in print. I'd hate to see what it actually looked like.
Believe me it was absolutely terrible.On that effort Sydney are headed for the bottom 4 while North were only marginally better

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne v Sydney Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back