North Melbourne's new logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Fire said:
Fair enough, but do you mind telling me what part you 'think not' and why so I can rebut?
StKilda's shield has been around since the 50's i believe. Off my head 1953-4... exact dates im not certain, but not 80's.

another shortsighted decision by a stupid club.

the current logo is much better in almost every way.

the new one reeks of Maltida meets the boxing kangaroo and will do nothing for the club's cause Re: Carrara or Canberra. I'm sure Manuka spectators will just love calling the team the North Melbourne Canberra Kangaroos :rolleyes:

A vein last ditch attempt to try to win back a flagging Melbourne supporter base.

Maguire#31 said:
StKilda's shield has been around since the 50's i believe. Off my head 1953-4... exact dates im not certain, but not 80's.

The shield may be the same but the Saints logo in the 80s had that black stick figure with a halo on it...

I think it’s a good idea to revert back as much as possible to being North Melbourne and the Kangaroos as opposed to the North Melbourne Kangaroos – let alone being known as The Kangaroos or whatever the marketing geniuses made it at the time. Ditto Footscray.

The logo is ok. Not sure what is going on with the name. Would be a great idea IMO to clarify it. WHO THE F… ARE YOU LOT?

fishmonger said:
another shortsighted decision by a stupid club.

the current logo is much better in almost every way.

the new one reeks of Maltida meets the boxing kangaroo and will do nothing for the club's cause Re: Carrara or Canberra. I'm sure Manuka spectators will just love calling the team the North Melbourne Canberra Kangaroos :rolleyes:
F**K ‘em. They have zero bearing on the future of the club. The short sighted decision was courting them in the first place.
fishmonger said:
A vein last ditch attempt to try to win back a flagging Melbourne supporter base.
A last ditched attempt to survive as themselves? Why the hell not! Their future is with their traditional support base and growing that. It is not reinvention as a new franchise of the AFL regardless of success push marketing appeasing a few for a short while. If they move they are a new club to all intents ands purposes. Some will disagree but in time their origins would be all but completely irrelevant for unaligned kids looking for a team to support.

GAMBLER said:
Interesting.

Looks a lot similar to the Southport logo

sharks%5B1%5D.gif

Good to see the Kangaroos brace the football public for the inevitable :)

Yeah, apart from the colours, the shape, the image and the words...it's identical!!! :rolleyes:

Looks like it has had attention drawn to it to simply placate the Vic membership.

They can go on about "North Melbourne Football Club" being on the logo all they like.

Whats stands out to me is that "North Melbourne Football Club" is in smaller, grey and relatively barely visible lettering, and that "Kangaroos" is in much larger, way more visible, blue lettering.

A coincidence?

I think not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should go back to being called "North Melbourne Kangaroos", just as th Dogs should be "Footsgray Bulldogs"

Goal Square said:
Should go back to being called "North Melbourne Kangaroos", just as th Dogs should be "Footsgray Bulldogs"

I would like to see the AFL investing into turning some of the original home grounds into some 30K all seaters too like Kardinia Park. I think North and the Doggies would be much better off then at Telstra Dome.

Telstra is good for Essendon, Carlton and St Kilda. MCG is good for Melbourne, Richmond and Collingwood.

Flag Man said:
Looks like it has had attention drawn to it to simply placate the Vic membership.

They can go on about "North Melbourne Football Club" being on the logo all they like.

Whats stands out to me is that "North Melbourne Football Club" is in smaller, grey and relatively barely visible lettering, and that "Kangaroos" is in much larger, way more visible, blue lettering.

A coincidence?

I think not.

Blah.

How big is "North Melbourne Football Club" written on our 90's logo?

crazy_big_al said:
North Melbourne are the Roos. I always thought of them as North that will never change
Good to hear... everytime i go to the footy... everyone in the crowd always says go North, or Go Roos or whatever so nobody has changed i guess.

Just a wonderful thing!

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne's new logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back