North v Sydney game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb. Frightfully dumb.

Can't kick the thing. Can't kick for sh1t when moving it forward, can't kick for sh1t if we do end up having a shot.

No point working hard if you have no poise or class.

Urch, Wells and Grant have to get the share of the ball going forward or we will not get close.

Far from over this game. Just need a leading focal point at FF to straighten up our entry into the the forward line. (Perhaps Corza to FF?). That will go a long way to improving our accuracy and conversion rate.

Delivery into forward line needs improvment - ignore all wide leads - at least we should be kicking to a contest in the hot spot.

And...bring back the biffo or at least some shirtfronts on the plethora of soft Sydney receivers.

Game On.

Go Roos!

I reckon we're shot.

Simmo has been horrid. Arch can't take a trick. Wells is getting it in the wrng spots. Sav is so bad when the ball is on the deck, but when leading to that bunch, this happens a fair bit.

Agree with Lidge.

A nice Urch shirtfront to one of those 14 blokes running from the backline is needed. A good stomping on said hurt man could be good too.

Originally posted by Lidge

And...bring back the biffo or at least some shirtfronts on the plethora of soft Sydney receivers.

Game On.

Go Roos!

agree on this but at the moment dont know if we can catch em first.

going the punch to clear from the backline has also cost a couple of goals, gotta take possesion to clear it,

Originally posted by mighty mick

going the punch to clear from the backline has also cost a couple of goals, gotta take possesion to clear it,

Indeed.

Our backline has to learn that the boundary is gold when your getting scored on. Twice Sincalir has tried to mark the unmarkable, when a swift punch would have landed the footy in the lap of some fat theatregoer in the O'Reilly stand.

Originally posted by the_big_sav
same as the canberra game

sydney are handballing till we stop chasing (which is very very poor)

cant hold any tackles hmmmmm like the whole season

two slow to get it forward and no crumers in the forward line

Too many North cardboard cut outs waiting for the 'easy' ball to come...the backline is doing ok considering that the ball is streaming way toooo easily thru the centre...the way to counter this is to play man on man and keep working relentlessly.

Hopefully our approach(moving the ball swiftly and accrurately) into the Fwd will improve as this is our BIG PROBLEM.
Even when Schauble gets the ball, he can can a sandwich and a ciggy and nowhere goes near. That burns me....the players need to plant some HEAVY tackles and I'd like to see Browny in the ruck. One on one with Junior in the square and Sav leading to ONE side of the Fwd 50.

:(

I can't watch.

Someone once said on this website: "it's the hope that kills you"

That is so right. Until Ess and Freo lost I had resigned myself to missing the 8, then I was given hope again....

now this 2 quarters of utter..........

makes me sad......

and I don't care about his recent form....I miss Boomer

Originally posted by mighty mick
agree on this but at the moment dont know if we can catch em first.

If we can't chase 'em on the ground, wait for them as they run out of the rooms and beat the living suitcase out of them in the race as they make the way onto the field.

The old element of surprise thing!:D

I want to see blood (and not ours)
I want to see us inflict some pain
I want us to play finals footy this year

Bring back the biffo I say;)

Sydney have numbers in defence, they run it out to the midfield where they have free men, and if they don't take a mark up forward they have crumbers at the fall of the ball.

Do we have 18 men out there?

Too many passengers at this stage, l know stats can be over rated, but we have alot of players who seem to be sluggish or just not putting in. Too much is left to too few. We are not out of this game yet, but we need some of our big guys to impose themselves on the game.

Drew Petrie, the time has come for you to step up and give us something. Turn it on big fella!

Wrath

Originally posted by Petrie Dish
Sydney have numbers in defence, they run it out to the midfield where they have free men, and if they don't take a mark up forward they have crumbers at the fall of the ball.

Do we have 18 men out there?

Not sure of Shane Clayton's gender?;)

Why is boomer out?

no-one has said it yet,during the week the rumours on this board was that he has OP.
I hope he wasnt dropped today.
He would have been handy against this free-running type of team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by HappyDays
....I miss Boomer

I don't....he needs the rest and I hope he is rugged up, feet up, enjoying fatherhood.

We have 22 guys out there who need some urgency and Boomer ain't the guy to miss when it comes to his form 2004 being urgent.

Someone once said on this website: "it's the hope that kills you"

I said it...and I'm stickin to it.
Carlton winning knocked me out of a lucrative tip 12 (AFL and WAFL), having got Collingwood right, but I wa consoling myself with the fact that it might be good for the Roos.
Seems the whole day has been a dud!

we are not the shinboners at the moment, we are the **** teasers just when you think your a chance the opposition ups and leaves you in thier wake and reminds you what you really are: pretenders.

big turn around needed from here:mad:

Originally posted by Lidge
Not sure of Shane Clayton's gender?;)

I'd have to watch it again but did he run in straight line to the contest in the 1st quarter? Seemed like he wanted the othe rplayer to get there first.

Originally posted by roo9699
Why is boomer out?

no-one has said it yet,during the week the rumours on this board was that he has OP.
I hope he wasnt dropped today.
He would have been handy against this free-running type of team

All I know he's not out with leather poisoning.

Have heard reports of OP & a knee.

Maybe he was just dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

North v Sydney game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back