Northern Football League Division 1 - Part llll

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Ivanhoe Appoints New Senior Coach

Old Ivanhoe has appointed Craig Hunter as senior coach for season 2010.

Craig has spent the past three years as assistant coach of the Northern Knights in the TAC Under 18 Competition.

Previous to that, Craig was the senior coach of Heidelberg in the NFL/Diamond Valley from 2004-2006, taking the team to three grand finals and two premierships.

Hunter played senior football with Subiaco in the WAFL including a premiership in 1991, Wanneroo Amateur Football Club in the WAAFL and Heidelberg from 1996-2003. He was Captain in 2001.

He lives in Ivanhoe and brings a wealth of player and coaching experience to the OIGFC.
Good pick up for the Old Grammarians.

Wonder if a few of the "old boys" will cash in some war bonds to entice some of Hunt's former charges down to the next postcode?

THOMASTOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
Is seeking people interested in a senior playing assistant coaching position for the 2010 season.

Message back for further information and contact details.​

Phil Plunkett appointed coach of Oak Park. (Oak Park did not reappoint their premiership winning coach)

Phil Plunkett appointed coach of Oak Park. (Oak Park did not reappoint their premiership winning coach)

Neither did Heidelberg , the bloke won 3 flags in a row and lost 1 game in 60 , Gav Crosisca got big shoes to fill there.Anything less than a flag and he's failed:)

Neither did Heidelberg , the bloke won 3 flags in a row and lost 1 game in 60 , Gav Crosisca got big shoes to fill there.Anything less than a flag and he's failed:)
Playing field may have levelled a little with major departures from the Tigers. Also depends on other clubs raising the bar via recruiting & preparation.

Might make for an interesting/entertaining winter in 2010.

So was Plunkett shoved or did he walk? It all happened very quickly after the GF win & on NFL Online video at the end of that week he didn't sound like he was going, but a week later it was done deal.

I wonder if it is even worth devoting this much attention to Plunkett. Is there seriously anyone out there who thinks a coach with a bit of experience and the same resources at his disposal would not have delivered the same result?

Can someone please give me an example of a decision/s that Plunkett made that won Heidelberg a match in recent times or a kid that he plucked from the wilderness and turned him into a seasoned performer?

I think people might forget the number of people that Heidelberg have out on the ground who know a little bit about football and getting the most out of their team mates. You only need to witness a Heidelberg huddle to see what influence the likes of Murphy, Stinga Harvey, Haydock have. Not to mention their captin Abe Williams who was also the captin of the Knights when he played there and hell why not through in John Shiels into the mix. He might be lucky to get a game these days but lets not forget he was the captain of the Murray Bushranges the same year 6 of his team mates got drafted. Ok I know you are getting sick of this rant right about now but I couldn't not mention Brad Eaton. He came into the NFL as an unknown but those who did their homework would know that for two years before he came to Heidelberg he was a playing coach of Irymple and the Sunraysia Leauge medalist before that. I am pretty sure he could offer a few pointers.

Does anyone still think that Plunkett is a master actician who only lost one game in three years? Would he have taken Mont to a premiership with their list in recent years? Maybe in 2008 if he had a bloke called Favrin running around the pocket?

Could Crosisca have been appointed because he would be in a position to actually coach and teach the blokes something? No doubt a few years under Dennis Pagan Crosisca would have learnt a thing or two about coaching.

Ok it's Monday and I know you want something to talk about this week. Word down at Concord Park aka Heidelberg is that the Diamond Valley's favourite son Saul Caddy has signed on to play out his days with his mate Stinga Harvey. If this is true I look forward to seeing his return to the Bronx in black and yellow. Could have some shades of red before the day is out.

I wonder if it is even worth devoting this much attention to Plunkett. Is there seriously anyone out there who thinks a coach with a bit of experience and the same resources at his disposal would not have delivered the same result?

Can someone please give me an example of a decision/s that Plunkett made that won Heidelberg a match in recent times or a kid that he plucked from the wilderness and turned him into a seasoned performer?

I think people might forget the number of people that Heidelberg have out on the ground who know a little bit about football and getting the most out of their team mates. You only need to witness a Heidelberg huddle to see what influence the likes of Murphy, Stinga Harvey, Haydock have. Not to mention their captin Abe Williams who was also the captin of the Knights when he played there and hell why not through in John Shiels into the mix. He might be lucky to get a game these days but lets not forget he was the captain of the Murray Bushranges the same year 6 of his team mates got drafted. Ok I know you are getting sick of this rant right about now but I couldn't not mention Brad Eaton. He came into the NFL as an unknown but those who did their homework would know that for two years before he came to Heidelberg he was a playing coach of Irymple and the Sunraysia Leauge medalist before that. I am pretty sure he could offer a few pointers.

Does anyone still think that Plunkett is a master actician who only lost one game in three years? Would he have taken Mont to a premiership with their list in recent years? Maybe in 2008 if he had a bloke called Favrin running around the pocket?

Could Crosisca have been appointed because he would be in a position to actually coach and teach the blokes something? No doubt a few years under Dennis Pagan Crosisca would have learnt a thing or two about coaching.

Ok it's Monday and I know you want something to talk about this week. Word down at Concord Park aka Heidelberg is that the Diamond Valley's favourite son Saul Caddy has signed on to play out his days with his mate Stinga Harvey. If this is true I look forward to seeing his return to the Bronx in black and yellow. Could have some shades of red before the day is out.
Quite an epistle TGIG.

Would appear to be more than a little truth in your Monday editorial. Suspect the non selection of Miller in the G/F might have been the final straw for the Prez.

Crosisca hopefully will fulfil the coaching/development role you speak of. Question is, will the talented Tiger youngsters hang around? Strong word is the boys at De Winton Park have already make overtures to a few, including two players with siblings in the tri colour stripes.

The Montmorency Senior Football Club have confirmed that 2009 Playing Assistant Coach, Fabian Carelli, will be the club's senior coach in 2010.

Fab brings to Montmorency an enormous wealth of experience and exposure working under great mentors over his time. The MFC is full of excitement for the year ahead.

The Montmorency Senior Football Club have confirmed that 2009 Playing Assistant Coach, Fabian Carelli, will be the club's senior coach in 2010.

Fab brings to Montmorency an enormous wealth of experience and exposure working under great mentors over his time. The MFC is full of excitement for the year ahead.
Positive move J & B.
Will certainly lead from the front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be a disaster for all clubs as the NFL will also be tarnished if this is true. Imagine going for a liquor licence extension or wanting sponsorship? what about player recruitment to the league? the ripple effect will be felt by all

Good luck to Fab, been a great player and well respected in the league for years... Any truth to the rumour that Jarrod Molloy was appointed as coach only to turn it down a few days later??

Quite an epistle TGIG.

Would appear to be more than a little truth in your Monday editorial. Suspect the non selection of Miller in the G/F might have been the final straw for the Prez.

Crosisca hopefully will fulfil the coaching/development role you speak of. Question is, will the talented Tiger youngsters hang around? Strong word is the boys at De Winton Park have already make overtures to a few, including two players with siblings in the tri colour stripes.

From the article in the local rag the Prez had already been talking 2 n was keen on Crosisca half way through the year so plunkett was more than likely doomed win lose or draw ...

NFI and no intention of speculating.

I'm sure the story will grow legs in the next 48 hrs, particularly when the TV news services pick it up.
It will grow tonight,according to 10 news 4 have been released without charge at this stage but charges are expected to be laid tonight.Its just unclear how many will be charged at this stage.

From the mont website:

From the President

In reference to what been published by the media outlets today, Montmorency Football Club would like to advise:

The Montmorency Football Club takes allegations like these very seriously
and we are cooperating fully with Victoria Police.

Given that the matters are under investigation by Police we are restricted
in what we can say but we urge anyone who may have any relevant information to come forward.

What we can tell you is that the alleged accommodation/booking was made by private individuals and was not a club organised or sanctioned event. The
Montmorency Football Club's Official End of Season Trip attended Glenelg
last weekend and was a fully chaperoned event.

The Montmorency Football Club condemns any violence towards women. We have been the host club, and one of the main drivers of AFL Victoria's Respect
and Responsibility program which aims to create safe, supportive and
inclusive environments for women across the football industry and throughout
the social community. All players, administrators and members have attended respect and responsibility sessions this year in an effort to reinforce the principles of the program.

We are committed to continually work with our players and members so they
are aware of their responsibilities to treat women with respect.

We ask that all members of the public and media with information contact the
Police; but that all also respect the fact that this is a Police matter and
therefore there will be no further comments until the matter is resolved.

Kind regards,

Gary Green
President

Im tipping the Ex Pres would have the incidents on video..................whats goes around comes around
Mmmm. Don't think this is something we should trivialise.
Disappointing all round. Negative impacts on club, league, individuals, families.
Court action pending, possibly other sanctions from AFL/NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back