Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2009 Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

Next year? , maybe stay focused on this year first??

You are absolutely right Moving Pictures, St Marys lets stay focused on 2010. Clearance King, stay strong with the seniors boys, the end of the season is a long way off.

As with our 19s last year we set no expectations with that group of men, and we finished 6th. If memory serves me correctly, that meant a spot in the 2009 finals series when the season started, unfortunately NFL in their wisdom declared a final 4, after the season had commenced.

Similarly with our Senior team this season, there has been no expectation set other than to give the best account of yourselves at every opportunity, and to date this has been achieved.

For a number of reasons St Marys seniors could not get a practice match prior to the season. As a result we earmarked the first few games as our practice matches to sort out structures, positioning and game plans etc.

We are seeing a number of players of varying degrees of skill and experience joining us as late as today.

Beware the "Burra" for the remaining 14 games of the season.

As always "Gino"....

rezza ones smashed st marys by 117 points
rezza twos beat sth morang once again by ova 50 points

Rezza have had a fairly easy start to the season havent played anyone that would or should trouble them. Who do they have coming up that you think could beat them?? and are they looking as good as people are saying??? any Stand out players????

You are absolutely right Moving Pictures, St Marys lets stay focused on 2010. Clearance King, stay strong with the seniors boys, the end of the season is a long way off.

As with our 19s last year we set no expectations with that group of men, and we finished 6th. If memory serves me correctly, that meant a spot in the 2009 finals series when the season started, unfortunately NFL in their wisdom declared a final 4, after the season had commenced.

Similarly with our Senior team this season, there has been no expectation set other than to give the best account of yourselves at every opportunity, and to date this has been achieved.

For a number of reasons St Marys seniors could not get a practice match prior to the season. As a result we earmarked the first few games as our practice matches to sort out structures, positioning and game plans etc.

We are seeing a number of players of varying degrees of skill and experience joining us as late as today.

As always "Gino"....

:thumbsu:

No cause we're a lot better side then people say, we have two good forwards, probably one of the best mid fields in the comp and a great game plan.

Lost to Reservoir who are a great side was in the game for almost every term but poor kicking cost us and I wouldn't be surprised if they go on and win the flag.

Just wait and see.

Hey how did your midfeild stack up against hursty's not very well by the looks of it

Next year? , maybe stay focused on this year first??

No mate, you see as i stated above i play under 19's so i will not be playing against you all until next year. Not that hard to understand really. I was wishing all division 3 sides including our boys good luck. Try reading them post before making a smart arse remark.

As always "Gino"....
Again, read the post. Im only looking ahead to next year as that is when i will be playing senior football. I am there supporting our seniors every match and want them to do as well as possible, and am not looking to the end of the season at all as i know they have a lot of improvement left in them.
They have my full support. So get of my back.

Im moving to the area soon and was wondering what would be a good club to join? In particular what club would be looking for players at this stage of the year.

Rezza have had a fairly easy start to the season havent played anyone that would or should trouble them. Who do they have coming up that you think could beat them?? and are they looking as good as people are saying??? any Stand out players????
as a supporter it was a shocking game of football too watch...the conditions were bad. better players for reservoir were breeding,white,sinclair and docherty.....still have very high quality players to return in the captain collins,mitchell,pretty,spiguglia,scannel and also the ruckman white....watch out.

Again, read the post. Im only looking ahead to next year as that is when i will be playing senior football. I am there supporting our seniors every match and want them to do as well as possible, and am not looking to the end of the season at all as i know they have a lot of improvement left in them.
They have my full support. So get of my back.

Yeah Moving Pictures, re-read the post and get off his back!!!. lol.

"CK", Gino has re-read and is sorry. I did misread your post.

It is great to see the U19 boys supporting the Senior team and it is easy to see that you are all keen to step up when your turn comes. Keep supporting the Burra and stay strong....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know of a couple of leagues having problems with their websites, most problems are with the main sporting pulse

Obviously blues12 your internet isn't working too well as well. Last time I checked, just now, all other suburban league websites are up and running EXCEPT the NFL.

Still no action from the head-in-the-sand people at league headquarters !

Let's hope it is up and running by Saturday.

West went back to there old ways on the weekend, hurstbridge dominated the 2nd and 3rd qtrs and got right away from us. We did however a number of injuries during the game, hopefully we bounce back this week...

West went back to there old ways on the weekend, hurstbridge dominated the 2nd and 3rd qtrs and got right away from us. We did however a number of injuries during the game, hopefully we bounce back this week...

westhawks you have played rezza and bridge now to me bridge looks the team to bet this year .what are you thoughts on this

westhawks you have played rezza and bridge now to me bridge looks the team to bet this year .what are you thoughts on this

I think it will be close between the two, rezza look good and hurstbridge have always been a good team who should be in div 2 instead of watsonia. I really cant pick them, just have to wait and see...

I think it will be close between the two, rezza look good and hurstbridge have always been a good team who should be in div 2 instead of watsonia. I really cant pick them, just have to wait and see...

cheers mate good luck to west they will bounce back and it start's tonight

wise words docker it seems you know what your talking about :cool:
did you manage to get out to watch some footy on the weekend?

i did mate took the kids to watch rezza and st mary.rezza just had to much class but st mary will come good in a few years lots of young kids at the moment.

sunday i went and watched mernda and epping was a good game i think both teams are lacking height to match whittlesea but.

good luck to all teams

Righto the season is well and truly underway now..
Round 4 thoughts and tips?!?

Im going for
Heidelberg West v South Morang by 10pts
Hurstbridge v Parkside by 6pts
Reservoir v Panton Hill by 15pts

I know its early doors but i believe we will have a preview of the grand final this week.. should be a cracking game.. good luck to all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back