NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done OP's. Best standard of D3 footy in league's history. Look forward to seeing how they go about recruiting into D2, they have a lot of former students they can target.
Commiserations to the Stars who as another poster mentioned before, the 2 games in 4 weeks probably played a bit of a factor into the drop in the 2nd half. Hopefully they are able to retain and go again next year.

Well done OP's. Best standard of D3 footy in league's history. Look forward to seeing how they go about recruiting into D2, they have a lot of former students they can target.
Commiserations to the Stars who as another poster mentioned before, the 2 games in 4 weeks probably played a bit of a factor into the drop in the 2nd half. Hopefully they are able to retain and go again next year.

Not a single 'home team' has won a grand final in the 6 mens/women's games so far.

He will cost a bomb. He is on a fortune at EK. Salary cap will be ignored that's for sure.

Mernda in the off season obviously tried to bolster their list especially their mid field .

Keating - Ended up in the reserves
Nipper - Injured and even then didn't dominate. Not a midfielder.
Keseci - End up in the reserves.
Mazeralla - Fantastic player improved their midfield

3/4 were arguably misses. I know Nipper still went ok and added some off field. But for the money they paid him...
Matty Dennis signed with Eask Keilor for 2025. Rumour about him going to Mernda squashed.

Every teams best win of the season.

Ivanhoe first win at home in the NFNL defeated Mernda 70-65

Lalor defeating kilmore, their first win against a side that wasn't reservoir since 2017. 59-56 *imo the biggest upset of the season

Kilmore then the following week claims their biggest scalp in eventual premiers parade 60-34

West defeating old eltham 58-55 away.

Kinglake defeating mernda 65-61 I remember how shocked I was to hear this result.

Reservoirs one win of the season against lalor

117-86, would have been a great night at Crispe park.

Old elthams best win came in the last round which was pretty much an elimination final for them when they defeated parade 86-65

Eppings final win after the turtles jumped them early 84-72

Merndas victory over the stars round 9

67-66 obviously their finals win was a great win I just feel this victory proved to the comp and themselves they can match it with the best this season and once again will be a premiership threat.

Fitzroy stars best win was the qualifying final 99-93 over Parade the first quarter really set up the game from there.

The premiers best win was obviously grand final day Parade defeated the stars 110-95. It had everything.

Every teams best win of the season.

Ivanhoe first win at home in the NFNL defeated Mernda 70-65

Lalor defeating kilmore, their first win against a side that wasn't reservoir since 2017. 59-56 *imo the biggest upset of the season

Kilmore then the following week claims their biggest scalp in eventual premiers parade 60-34

West defeating old eltham 58-55 away.

Kinglake defeating mernda 65-61 I remember how shocked I was to hear this result.

Reservoirs one win of the season against lalor

117-86, would have been a great night at Crispe park.

Old elthams best win came in the last round which was pretty much an elimination final for them when they defeated parade 86-65

Eppings final win after the turtles jumped them early 84-72

Merndas victory over the stars round 9

67-66 obviously their finals win was a great win I just feel this victory proved to the comp and themselves they can match it with the best this season and once again will be a premiership threat.

Fitzroy stars best win was the qualifying final 99-93 over Parade the first quarter really set up the game from there.

The premiers best win was obviously grand final day Parade defeated the stars 110-95. It had everything.

Stars vs Demons Round 9 was an absolute cracker game. It's worth going back to watch it again.

An early one for the rumour mill in 2025.
Lalor have approached the captain of parade's reserves side Ross Licciardi. A premiership player for parade back in 2015, Licciardi has a lot of senior experience and is reportedly a bit flat about not getting a look in this season. Licciardi has a few mates at Lalor that used to play at parade, so watch this space...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An early one for the rumour mill in 2025.
Lalor have approached the captain of parade's reserves side Ross Licciardi. A premiership player for parade back in 2015, Licciardi has a lot of senior experience and is reportedly a bit flat about not getting a look in this season. Licciardi has a few mates at Lalor that used to play at parade, so watch this space...
as a player? or coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back