Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2009 Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

div 3 is crap in its current format

i don't balme players and clubs celebrating a premiership in dv 3, as you can only play with the card you are delt with.

but the concept is flawed, you can not have a division with 6 teams and you can't start a new division after 15 weeks into a season.

also teams making the finals with winning 25% of games is a joke

if the league is serious about evening out the comp they will move heaven and earth to get the required teams into the league and have 3 divisions of 10 teams

While I agree with your general comments bibi01, where are you going to find an additional SIX clubs to make up the 30 teams that you talk about? Yes, there are a couple of clubs in the catchment area that could be approached but this has happened in teh past and all are happy with the competitions that they play in - mainly the Amateurs. And trying to manufacture a club, ala St Mary's, is only going to drain on the currently established clubs that are struggling, like Watsonia.
No, my original suggestion of having two divisions of 12 teams would appear to be teh best solution at teh moment - especially as the super strong Eastern league has 12 teams in their top division.

While I agree with your general comments bibi01, where are you going to find an additional SIX clubs to make up the 30 teams that you talk about? Yes, there are a couple of clubs in the catchment area that could be approached but this has happened in teh past and all are happy with the competitions that they play in - mainly the Amateurs. And trying to manufacture a club, ala St Mary's, is only going to drain on the currently established clubs that are struggling, like Watsonia.
No, my original suggestion of having two divisions of 12 teams would appear to be teh best solution at teh moment - especially as the super strong Eastern league has 12 teams in their top division.

it's back to the league not really thinking this through and not having a decent plan

2 div of 12 teams is better than 6 ending up in div 3 but doing this is going to create it's own problems.

how will the bottom 3 in div 1 cope?

it's back to the league not really thinking this through and not having a decent plan

2 div of 12 teams is better than 6 ending up in div 3 but doing this is going to create it's own problems.

how will the bottom 3 in div 1 cope?

I reckon that having 3 of the now 2nd Div sides going up to Divvy 1 to make 12 teams in each would be a bonus. It would mean that two of the teams would be able to establish in Div1 and stay there & build for a couple of years. All three would know thay have games against teams they know they can be competitive against and potentially beat which would help build their confidence against the next few teams in Div 1.
The bouncing of teams up & down with no chance to get established does no one any good.

i'm not sure where to post this (d2 or d3 thread) or whether it should be posted at all.

But heard on the vine, that a certain d3 team who shall remain nameless, but wear red & black and sometimes white guernseys, had a more than eventful footy trip a couple of weeks back.

I won't say too much (oopppps already have), but apparently one of the attendees - a banjo playing, hillbilly hick supporter, became what can only be said as quite distressed after finding out that his McCheese & kisses had been throwing it about with somebody elses McNuggets and so then proceeded to slash some McPickles out of his McWhizza.

He ain't half the man he used to be but with a bit of luck and some carefully surgery hopes to regain full use of the Big Mc in the not to distant future.

:footy::footy::footy:

i'm not sure where to post this (d2 or d3 thread) or whether it should be posted at all.

But heard on the vine, that a certain d3 team who shall remain nameless, but wear red & black and sometimes white guernseys, had a more than eventful footy trip a couple of weeks back.

I won't say too much (oopppps already have), but apparently one of the attendees - a banjo playing, hillbilly hick supporter, became what can only be said as quite distressed after finding out that his McCheese & kisses had been throwing it about with somebody elses McNuggets and so then proceeded to slash some McPickles out of his McWhizza.

He ain't half the man he used to be but with a bit of luck and some carefully surgery hopes to regain full use of the Big Mc in the not to distant future.

Done himself a mischief ouch???

The Reservoir Football Club has announced the Coaches for the 2010 season.

Senior Coach 2010:
Robert Docherty.

Reserves Coach 2010:
Ben Bliss.

Our Meet the Coaches day is on
Sunday 25th October 2009
1pm at the Clubroom

No worries goose u be one of them weak blokes on the footy field all talk no action pussy cat:p

So what u up 2 Jason still taking the bait? how is tassie or was just bull cause u were finsihed at Morang? look up game plan & strategy in the dictionary may help your future?

Plenty of action on the field and never sucked in like u, was pretty good in my time when it came to action, today most are all talk not like the real tough guys in my time ha ha :):confused:

So what u up 2 Jason still taking the bait? how is tassie or was just bull cause u were finsihed at Morang? look up game plan & strategy in the dictionary may help your future?

Plenty of action on the field and never sucked in like u, was pretty good in my time when it came to action, today most are all talk not like the real tough guys in my time ha ha :):confused:

Thanks for your kind words then moving pictures,yes the tassie project is all ready to go as for the game plans and strategy it has worked before and with the right players behind me next year it will work again.One other thing buddy sticks and stones will break my bones but you will never hurt me best of luck being a pisshead.:p

Thanks for your kind words then moving pictures,yes the tassie project is all ready to go as for the game plans and strategy it has worked before and with the right players behind me next year it will work again.One other thing buddy sticks and stones will break my bones but you will never hurt me best of luck being a pisshead.:p

My pleasure, unfortunately I dont drink so cannott accept your best wishes. I never got to meet you but did hear you talk on the odd ocasion I was at the club, all the best in Tassie. there is a bit in what u say about the players as it appaered the wrong ones were recruited and it cost the club a lot of money for blokes that were not that good. hopefully the club learns form that. I have just been teasing u cause u do have a habit of biting.

My pleasure, unfortunately I dont drink so cannott accept your best wishes. I never got to meet you but did hear you talk on the odd ocasion I was at the club, all the best in Tassie. there is a bit in what u say about the players as it appaered the wrong ones were recruited and it cost the club a lot of money for blokes that were not that good. hopefully the club learns form that. I have just been teasing u cause u do have a habit of biting.

Its all good im looking forward to the tassie job it should be a good year as for what happened at morang this year did they get the wrong players that is the million dollar question to have 4 quailtly players leave from the year before cost the club and l leave the club with my head high l gave 110% from the start to the finish yes l can be a hot head on the ground and did not get sacked either l resigned hopefully with the new committee coming they can get the club back on track.anway moving pictures it is been interseting all year whoever you are all the best to you too.:):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its all good im looking forward to the tassie job it should be a good year as for what happened at morang this year did they get the wrong players that is the million dollar question to have 4 quailtly players leave from the year before cost the club and l leave the club with my head high l gave 110% from the start to the finish yes l can be a hot head on the ground and did not get sacked either l resigned hopefully with the new committee coming they can get the club back on track.anway moving pictures it is been interseting all year whoever you are all the best to you too.:):thumbsu:

Yes u are right Morang losing a lot of quality players over the last 2 years gotta ask why, never doubted u gave it your all, you did the best that was available to u. you should leave with your head held high u did you absoloute best. I hope the new committee can resurect the place, a lot of talk so far lets see if the action provides a good result, i hope so.
A few people asked me to tease u , I aplogise if I upset u as that was not the intention , just having a bit of fun. only a few know who I am , thank god 4 that . good luck mate U are a good bloke.:thumbsu::):p

Yes u are right Morang losing a lot of quality players over the last 2 years gotta ask why, never doubted u gave it your all, you did the best that was available to u. you should leave with your head held high u did you absoloute best. I hope the new committee can resurect the place, a lot of talk so far lets see if the action provides a good result, i hope so.
A few people asked me to tease u , I aplogise if I upset u as that was not the intention , just having a bit of fun. only a few know who I am , thank god 4 that . good luck mate U are a good bloke.:thumbsu::):p

No dramas l do take things to heart cause l give it everything that is why l did resign from the job the club has to be more professional now they have a new committee hopefully things turn around real quick.l love alot people down that club but as all clubs some people ruined everything and talk shit and do very little l think u know what im talking bout l will keep my eye on the lions during next year l wish them all the best cheers:thumbsu::)

the burgers are better at hungry jacks

For the anyone interested, there is a Twenty20 game at Eltham Lower Park on Tue 10th Nov 09 starting at 5pm sharp.

Lower Eltham CC will be representing the DVCA and Heidelberg will be representing the HDCA, this is for the Cricket Victoria Kookaburra T20 Cup.

I am unsure of any NFL players at Heidelberg (I am sure there is a few) but Lower Eltham will be represented by Justin Whitcher (form from Monty) Conlon Gunn (G'boro) Mick Still (form Eltham now Essendon) Callum Still and Matt Tucker (Eltham).

Bar will be open and beer will be flowing with BBQ cooking a treat. With the weather forecast of 32 degrees for Tue, if you have nothing to do, drop down.

thanks for ya encouragement

Sorry, based that on what I saw when u were at Morang, the stand out being when you yelled at Shane Tennant trying to tell him how to play footy??? I think he came second in Mont's best & fairest.

On Shane strong rumours he has signed with Mernda , any truth in that one ?
If he went back to Div 2 surely he would talk to Morang first

Division 3 looks a certainty next year 2010 with StMarys fielding a senior team
They have already appointed a SENIOR coach being Kym Irvine, assistant coach at the PANTHERS this year

Congrats Kym

Division 3 looks a certainty next year 2010 with StMarys fielding a senior team
They have already appointed a SENIOR coach being Kym Irvine, assistant coach at the PANTHERS this year

Congrats Kym
so can anyone tell me the sides div3/2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back