Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of talk been going on here in the divy 3 thread lately... why not throw in my 2 bobs worth....

Panton Hill- Struggle but not to the degree that everyone thinks, hopefully can win a few games and be competitive to challenge a few of the better sides

StMarys- Lack of depth will hurt them, hopefully can win a few games and show some competitiveness this year and give good experience to some young kids which theyll be building there club around in the future

Heidelberg West- Wont go as bad as in the past, have got a few good inclusions to there club but dont quite think theyll live upto there much talked about anticipations for this year, should be competitive and will be fighting for a finals spot

South Morang- have got a decent bunch of young blokes down there, play there ground well and have the ability to play good standard footy, will probably be playing finals footy and making up the final four, and then anything can happen

Reservoir-should have a decent year, have picked up some decent players, got a 19s side together which is a positive for the club and also added good depth which all clubs need, should be looking at playing finals footy i'd say

Hurstbridge- have got a good list of players, always had the best depth in division 3 shown with the ressies flag in '09, may have lost a couple of good players but with good under 19s coming through and a few handy pick ups should be thereabouts again this year

Parkside- should have another good year, flag favourites for me, had a good side last year with a few very good players, and whilst losing a couple of players theyve also had a few very good players returning aswell as adding a bit of depth, will be wanting a top 2 finish and to go back to back to get back into 2nd division

My Prediction based on the info from only a few clubs I know people from, will be.

Parkside
Hurstbridge
Reservoir
Panton Hill
-----------
South Morang
Heidelberg West
St Mary's

Tips Round 1.
Parkside
Reservoir
Panton Hill

Lets see how I go?

A lot of talk been going on here in the divy 3 thread lately... why not throw in my 2 bobs worth....

Panton Hill- Struggle but not to the degree that everyone thinks, hopefully can win a few games and be competitive to challenge a few of the better sides

StMarys- Lack of depth will hurt them, hopefully can win a few games and show some competitiveness this year and give good experience to some young kids which theyll be building there club around in the future

Heidelberg West- Wont go as bad as in the past, have got a few good inclusions to there club but dont quite think theyll live upto there much talked about anticipations for this year, should be competitive and will be fighting for a finals spot

South Morang- have got a decent bunch of young blokes down there, play there ground well and have the ability to play good standard footy, will probably be playing finals footy and making up the final four, and then anything can happen

Reservoir-should have a decent year, have picked up some decent players, got a 19s side together which is a positive for the club and also added good depth which all clubs need, should be looking at playing finals footy i'd say

Hurstbridge- have got a good list of players, always had the best depth in division 3 shown with the ressies flag in '09, may have lost a couple of good players but with good under 19s coming through and a few handy pick ups should be thereabouts again this year

Parkside- should have another good year, flag favourites for me, had a good side last year with a few very good players, and whilst losing a couple of players theyve also had a few very good players returning aswell as adding a bit of depth, will be wanting a top 2 finish and to go back to back to get back into 2nd division

i wlaked past and saw them train last week. the looked good way better than i expected. i have some mates in the 19s and they told me they have 30+ players including some guns. they are not getting paid but i acctually hope they go well i think the club could be a future divi club for sure.

So here's my final ladder for season 2010:

Parkside
Reservoir
Hurstbridge
West Heidelberg
South Morang
Panton Hill
St Mary's

And my selections for Round 1:
Panton Hill to have a senior nfl experience and big bodies for St Mary's
Parkside to start their premiership quest comfortably over South Morang
A new-look Reservoir to salute over the new-look West Heidelberg
Hurstbridge get the week off

G'day guys. Hope all is well! As I have just made an account here on Bigfooty I can't begin a thread, so I'm just posting a collective post in all the 'Division' threads plugging my show.

As you could all probably tell from my username, I am Lukey D, host of the Northern Football League Junior Show which begins back tomorrow from 10am - 11am on 88.6 Plenty Valley FM. I'm also the special comments man, and soon to be one of the main commentators for the NFL on a Saturday arvo.

So feel free to tune in tomorrow morning from 10am and then stick around until 1pm for the Preview Show and then listen to the call of North Heidelberg V Montmerency.

Hope to get some feedback from you guys, positive/negative/constructive criticism etc.

Have a good night guys, Lukey D.

Good Wins to Panton Hill, Parkside & Reservoir.. Can't wait for PH Vs Hursty next week! St marys had 22 new guys, playing there 1st game together after no practice matches so they'll get better as the season goes on.

Reservoir vs West Heidelberg

Was a good high scoring game and good contest. Reservoir by 7 goals. West played really well and it was great to see them be competitive and kick 19 goals. Reservoir had over 40 scoring shots and the forwards all contributed well.

We need to back it up against a good South Morang next week away. They will be hungry for a win at their home ground after going down to parkside by 8 goals.

Div 3 isn't as easy as what some people make it out to be.

I think that sometimes we get too serious and forget that football on Saturdays is about having fun!

The coin the coin money talks , there is not a lot of loyalty left these days

A very negative outlook Moving Pics, im not going to town with you but i need to express my opinion:

I have left a job i didn't like and was getting paid 65k plus petrol and mobile phone for a whole new career started on 45k. Its was the best move i made in my life because i actually enjoy it.

Research and history has proven that money is not all the reason why blokes change clubs.

If anyone including you dont agree with me, then it is obvious that you have never experienced what i and many others i know have.

There are many blokes i know that have played many years at one club and have declined bigger dollars at other clubs.

Anyone with this shallow attitude islikely to be someone that only chases money and isn't loyal.

Even if a gun Div 1 or ex AFL player wanted to play for free at Reservoir, with a poor money hungry and non loyal attitude, im certain that he would not be welcome. He may perform and play outstanding, but an poor attiute like this is no long term solution to the success of a football club.

You want example example?

Just speak to Bomber Thomson, Kevin Sheedy, Alan 'Yabby' Jeans, Leigh Matthews...you want me to continue? I have had dealings, and some i know personally, these very influential and successful coaches and they are testamant to my opinion which they have helped me form.

So no....Money isn't everything and loyalty is huge in football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very negative outlook Moving Pics, im not going to town with you but i need to express my opinion:

I have left a job i didn't like and was getting paid 65k plus petrol and mobile phone for a whole new career started on 45k. Its was the best move i made in my life because i actually enjoy it.

Research and history has proven that money is not all the reason why blokes change clubs.

If anyone including you dont agree with me, then it is obvious that you have never experienced what i and many others i know have.

There are many blokes i know that have played many years at one club and have declined bigger dollars at other clubs.

Anyone with this shallow attitude islikely to be someone that only chases money and isn't loyal.

Even if a gun Div 1 or ex AFL player wanted to play for free at Reservoir, with a poor money hungry and non loyal attitude, im certain that he would not be welcome. He may perform and play outstanding, but an poor attiute like this is no long term solution to the success of a football club.

You want example example?

Just speak to Bomber Thomson, Kevin Sheedy, Alan 'Yabby' Jeans, Leigh Matthews...you want me to continue? I have had dealings, and some i know personally, these very influential and successful coaches and they are testamant to my opinion which they have helped me form.

So no....Money isn't everything and loyalty is huge in football.

I think you've jumped the gun a little bit there matey. There always have been and always will be mercenaries getting around chasing $$$$. No-one said everyone is and its the be-all end-all but it makes a heap of difference. Pride, loyalty and Character can only take you so far. Sure there are clubs around that are successful without $$ but they are few and far between. I remember only 3 or 4 years ago Mernda asked the senior group to play a couple of games without wages as the club needed the coin and everyone except one player played. Needless to say that player hasn't been seen at the club since.

I do think with some lower division clubs around the state offering money alot of the lower level players are moving around for a bit of extra coin, it is certainly on the rise.

Although at most clubs a player always leaves for money and if the rumours don't state the player is on at least $400 a game higher then his old club was paying then he musn't be very good!

I think you've jumped the gun a little bit there matey. There always have been and always will be mercenaries getting around chasing $$$$. No-one said everyone is and its the be-all end-all but it makes a heap of difference. Pride, loyalty and Character can only take you so far. Sure there are clubs around that are successful without $$ but they are few and far between. I remember only 3 or 4 years ago Mernda asked the senior group to play a couple of games without wages as the club needed the coin and everyone except one player played. Needless to say that player hasn't been seen at the club since.

I do think with some lower division clubs around the state offering money alot of the lower level players are moving around for a bit of extra coin, it is certainly on the rise.

Although at most clubs a player always leaves for money and if the rumours don't state the player is on at least $400 a game higher then his old club was paying then he musn't be very good!

You make some good points mate, i do respect your opinion!

West reserves had a great come from behind win!

great last qtr from both teams, very physical and a real shootout, great for the westies to sing the song for the first time since 08

i reckon morang at full strength will push parkside if not beat them, morang are young and full of run and if everything goes right for them then who knows
Any truth to the rumour that the wheels are already falling off at Morang with the selection of captain causing rifts in the club, as i hear it there are players walking out and even drama's in the committee room, hope this is not the case....

Any truth to the rumour that the wheels are already falling off at Morang with the selection of captain causing rifts in the club, as i hear it there are players walking out and even drama's in the committee room, hope this is not the case....

some thimgs never change.the joint has been a rabble for years.no wonder many of the kids hit the road to sydney cres.not to mention the coach.shut the place down

once there kids finish juniors its high tail out the joint

some thimgs never change.the joint has been a rabble for years.no wonder many of the kids hit the road to sydney cres.not to mention the coach.shut the place down

once there kids finish juniors its high tail out the joint

Take it easy late whispers, people around the club are working hard to get back on track and smart ass comments by people that don't go near the club just doesn't help.
Shhhhh until you know the true facts.

Congrats Stewie & Kellie....
South Morang well certinly wasnt a rabble when I was there was great leant a lot a hard working committeee I hope that hasnt changed !
Well Done wests did a great job in ressies ! We will Meet again a lot of times this year in reserves ! Cant agree more was a very hard game all players out on their feet in last qtr

Take it easy late whispers, people around the club are working hard to get back on track and smart ass comments by people that don't go near the club just doesn't help.
Shhhhh until you know the true facts.

the same thing has been coming out of morang for years.i try to watch a few games each year,all clubs have hard working people but the facts remain very clear.you cant keep rebuilding a club every 2 years.

they are now in 3rd division attracting third rate footballers.

the same thing has been coming out of morang for years.i try to watch a few games each year,all clubs have hard working people but the facts remain very clear.you cant keep rebuilding a club every 2 years.

they are now in 3rd division attracting third rate footballers.

Id love to see you reveal yourself and tell Patty Curran his a third rate footballer then you can change your tag to "latenight whimpers":eek:. no idea try to see a few games each year pfft so that gives you the knowledge and insight into the goings on at a club even behind closed doors, give me a break you muppet- Gossip in a pub each week is hardly facts, have another one you dolt

watched the rezza & west game on the weekend.
west were lucky if rezza had a bench after half time rezza would have won bye 15 goals......

outstanding player for rezza was number #72 and for west it was #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back