Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Nwd beat the roosters 2day:thumbsu:
Nwd 13-13-91
Nrth 9-9-63

Goals
Nwd...Aish x 4, Vlatko x 3, Barto, Donohue, Puopolo ,Walker, Rowe, Davie x 1 each

Quarters
Nwd...5-5...7-7...11-11...13-13-91
Nrth...1-4...5-7...8-7.......9-9-63

That i think puts us in the 5:):thumbsu:

Unfortunately, Trotter missed today's win at Prospect, after being a late withdrawal - apparently strained a hammy at training on Thursday. Has been a very important player for us, particularly at stoppages.

Workmanlike effort by the boys today. The defence, led by Jackman and Bown, was excellent. Tim Weatherald on his debut, was more than serviceable.

The win puts us in 4th spot.

Big game against Glenelg, at home, next Friday night.

Unfortunately, Trotter missed today's win at Prospect, after being a late withdrawal - apparently strained a hammy at training on Thursday. Has been a very important player for us, particularly at stoppages.

Workmanlike effort by the boys today. The defence, led by Jackman and Bown, was excellent. Tim Weatherald on his debut, was more than serviceable.

The win puts us in 4th spot.

Big game against Glenelg, at home, next Friday night.

Huuuuuuge game against the Bays Fri nite. I believe Norwood is comfortably leading the home ground attendances so far this season and this could be another bumper crowd if the weather is ok. Gellong vs Coll on same nite tho but could get 5-6K maybe? Tiges fans will be on the bandwagon.

I thought Kite played a great ame yesterday, he seemed to be everywhere. Didn't see him in best players tho. Bit of a case of "all played well" for the Legs yesterday, everyone played a part.

Can't remember the last time we beat North, good to get a win against them again. A win against Glenelg, or even a strong showing which is absolute minimum, will give the team some legitimacy as a finals contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the famous "swimming pool" match at Adelaide Oval when the whole ground was submerged with water. I'll never forget it.

I remember a game vs Nth Adel in the wet at adel oval a few yrs ago when we thrashed them and scott bassett kicked 9 but i cant remember the "swimming pool" game

The "swimming pool" game was a televised ABC match, if that helps you recall it. Fairly sure it cost the Roosters the double chance.

Nice couple of wins, unfortunately I have seen this before they get our hopes up then put in a month of shit performances.

That's what I was saying to my friend tonight. He is a North supporter who went to the game with me on Saturday.

This Friday night feels a lot like the Fri nite clash last year with Sturt, we had won a few in a row, got spanked and it completely derailed our season.

This clash will be absolutely pivotal, if we can will it will be huge for the club this year, but if we lose we have to go down fighting all the way! The talent is there, it is a hard ask to put 4 good quarters together ... 3 and a half mite get us over the line!

i can't wait for friday night

first friday night game i actually get to go to, going to be the shit.

I reckon Cooper's Corner up the Church end is the best place to watch the Fri nite games. U can get right up close to the play in the pocket, there is a bar right there, toilet not too far away and there is also a tv there so u can keep an eye on the AFL game. A great innovation.

I reckon Cooper's Corner up the Church end is the best place to watch the Fri nite games. U can get right up close to the play in the pocket, there is a bar right there, toilet not too far away and there is also a tv there so u can keep an eye on the AFL game. A great innovation.

In the toilet? sorry ... couldn't resist it :D

That's what I was saying to my friend tonight. He is a North supporter who went to the game with me on Saturday.

This Friday night feels a lot like the Fri nite clash last year with Sturt, we had won a few in a row, got spanked and it completely derailed our season.

This clash will be absolutely pivotal, if we can will it will be huge for the club this year, but if we lose we have to go down fighting all the way! The talent is there, it is a hard ask to put 4 good quarters together ... 3 and a half mite get us over the line!

Oh dear. What a disaster 2nite. That was humiliating in so many ways.

I hate to quote myself but unfortunately it turned out just like tha game vs Sturt at the Parade last year ... except much worse!

The only saving grace was that I was able to yell out to all the Glenelg bandwagoners whooping it up in the grandstand "I've never seen u at a game before!!!" That wasn't much consolation.

Our team is stacked with AFL listed players. The fact that the team could only muster one goal does not bode well for their attitude when the going gets tough.

Let's hope they regroup and fight back as per the club motto and don't cave in like last year.

Oh dear. What a disaster 2nite. That was humiliating in so many ways.

I hate to quote myself but unfortunately it turned out just like tha game vs Sturt at the Parade last year ... except much worse!

The only saving grace was that I was able to yell out to all the Glenelg bandwagoners whooping it up in the grandstand "I've never seen u at a game before!!!" That wasn't much consolation.

Our team is stacked with AFL listed players. The fact that the team could only muster one goal does not bode well for their attitude when the going gets tough.

Let's hope they regroup and fight back as per the club motto and don't cave in like last year.
it was the lack of intensity - the only AFL listed player that had it was Lower actually sorry Campbell did too.

The skills were just a disgrace, i never seen such inability to pick the ball up
or hit a team make once you have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back