Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

It appears Borlace never fully recovered from his knee operation last year.

In more bad news for this week, Massie, Puopolo, Vlatko and Cockshell are all out. Vlatko and Cockshell were injured at training last night.

On the plus side, we do get Jericho and Matt Thomas back.

Oh crap this is a must win game and we lose three players who were all in our best last week :(

As it turns out, Cockshell did play, and just as well he did. Was very close to B.O.G.

Ed McDonnell is still finding his feet at SANFL level. Think it's fair to say he's not in our best 21, but appears to have the potential to make it. Injuries were a big problem in 2007, but has shown signs in the handful of games he's played in 2008. Was a late inclusion today after Bown and Vlatko were injured on Thursday.

Go you Leggies.

Good win today by the 'Legs, conquered the longest road trip in the SANFL.

Woeful inaccuracy could have come back to bite us but South were not good enough to make it happen.

Surely Cockshell will be playing for the Power next week. 2 great games in a row and they could use someone of his ilk.

Another cracker and crucial match next week at home against North. So tight from 4th - 7th every game is vital now!

was at the norwood v south game today. im a victorian down for the cats game and was my first outing to the sanfl. was very happy with the standard produced and a good hard fought win to norwood

was at the norwood v south game today. im a victorian down for the cats game and was my first outing to the sanfl. was very happy with the standard produced and a good hard fought win to norwood
Oh you chose this game to attend! :thumbsu: :)

Norwood played okay, but South are pretty woeful and we would have won by a lot more had we kicked straight.

Our AFL listed players in Walker, Cockshell and Kite were all very good. As for the question about McDonnell, I'm afraid he's just no good.

yeh i know! had a quick chat to vlats last week who seems pretty positive about it. reckons they should really add something... god knows we need it. meesen leaving was the first positive of 2009.. its all on the up from here! just wish keiren mcguiness was still around.

go the legs.

What has happened to Mcguiness, did not know he was not playing has he gone to another club ?

Travelling overseas for a year. Shame really was awesome for us last year.

I heard he had gone o/s for the year. Good for him if that's what he wanted to do. He was an absolute gun last year tho.

Wonder if he was trying to "find himself" like Marat Safin apparently tried recently with a bit of travelling.

He could have saved a lot of money and us a lot of heartache with some simple Austin Powers-esque looking in the mirror ... "Here I am!" :)

Fantastic first half by the Legs, and very good overall.
Our midfielders dominated the game. Trotter, Dawes, Gallagher, Donohue, Weatherald and Phillips were outstanding. Walker kicked 5, and Doyle rucked very well in the first half.
Sitting fourth, with a bit of a buffer, and another big game against the Doggies this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had 15 goals to 1 at one stage.

I haven't seen a scoreline like that in our favour at the Parade since we flogged Sturt by about 150 points years ago when Ducker kicked an absolute bagful.

Great stuff, the way we are playing at the moment it's hard to believe there are 3 sides above us ... the big challenges come up in the next few weeks.

Painful loss to the Doggies.
May prove costly in the run to the finals.
Players went defensive when Central made their run. That, plus inaccurate kicking when we were in full control of the game, cost us the points.

We have regularly succumbed to 2nd half and last quarter onslaughts by the 'Dogs in recent years. I would like to see the stats in 2nd half since 2004. I reckon it would be about 100 goals to 10.

It was a very disappointing finish. Still, if we finish in the top 5 it won't harm us too much and maybe it can be one of those things we can "learn from".

Looking forward to the game at the Bay! It can't be worse than the first encounter this year ... surely?!

Well the wheels are starting to fall off. Hopefully, we can have a win against the Double Blues this week. They seem to have run into some injury problems, and have had some of their AFL-listed players taken away, so we must be a chance at home, despite playing the top side.

The legs had a good win over sturt 2day :thumbsu::)

Nwd 11-9-75
Sturt 4-7-31

Goals
Nwd...Rowe x 3, Phillips, Walker, Jericho x 2 each, Gallagher, Donohue x 1 each
Sturt..Chambers x 3, Bentley

Thats a great result against the top side:thumbsu::)

Fantastic win by Norwood today. The best thing about it was the 4 quarter effort. They won the 3rd and 4th quarters both 4 goals to 1.

It is conceivable we could make the finals by only beating West as Port and North still have to play each other. If we beat West and the Eagles we should make the 5 for sure.

If the team shows the same effort they did today this is more than achievable! Go the Redlegs!

Great game by the Leggies today, 4 full quarters of effort in the same game....just what the doctor ordered. Terrible weather, but a rewarding day for the Red n Blue faithful at the Parade. I thought Walker played v well, Jericho had a wonder goal (but not much else), Thurstons for Sturt was completely anonymous, and bloody Chambers snuck under the radar for a lazy 3.

On that evidence, Norwood are definitely finals worthy IMO. The truth will be told in the consistency, i.e. can we back it up against the Bloods in two weeks?

We were in control of the game, virtually from the start.
However, given recent fadeouts I wasn't comfortable about getting the points until late in the last quarter.
We still have a way to go to make sure of a finals berth, but our chances look far better now than they did earlier in the season.
At least we go into the bye with a win for a change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back