Not all Geelong Players shook hands when receiving their Grand Final Medal off the young person

Remove this Banner Ad

With the Eagles even though not all shook hands with the kids how do you know they didnt say " thanks " or something to that nature to the kids.
It still doesnt take away the fact not all Geelong players shook the kids hand .
Same principle re Geelong and the Eagles .It doesnt matter how many did or didnt , it still occured .

Keep digging idiot. :thumbsu:

Look at all the victorian twits patting themslves on the back.

After last years massive Victorian sook, Geelong would of been stupid to do anything else. Well rehearsed cats you fooled alot of twits here.!!!

Haha Fu was right, your ramblings are classic.

With the Eagles even though not all shook hands with the kids how do you know they didnt say " thanks " or something to that nature to the kids.
It still doesnt take away the fact not all Geelong players shook the kids hand .
Same principle re Geelong and the Eagles .It doesnt matter how many did or didnt , it still occured .

Time to cut your losses and move on, you've got nothing here.

When some of the Eagles didnt shake the hands of the kids giving them the medals in 2006 there was such an outburst in the media and elsewhere YET when Geelong is involved doing the same thing in 2007 nothing seems to be said .:thumbsdown:

FFS Strategy, it's been a hard year for us, don't make it worse. :thumbsdown:

I cant be bothered with all the name calling that some of you have turned to .
Facts are Facts and you DONT LIKE IT. ( too bad )

Was great what Geelong did on Saturday, but if anyone thinks that was at Geelong's doing needs their head read.

There was no way after last years effort and bagging the AFL were not going to get it right this year. I understand that the AFL made this very clear to both clubs when they were sent a run down of the weeks events.

DST
:D

FFS Strategy, it's been a hard year for us, don't make it worse. :thumbsdown:

If i worried about what people said or wrote about me then i would be weak .
The Bombers will get better .If the people stroll down memory lane the Bombers have tons of premierships compared to them.

Giving them the hats was a nice touch. I bet it sets a trend.
Well done Geelong.

The players giving the kids a hat was a very smart, planned deliberate ploy by the Cats. The hat was basically a physical prompt for them to remember to acknowledge the kids instead of getting caught up in the moment like several Eagles did last year.

To be honest the Cats had time in the last quarter to send the runner around to each player reminding them to shake hands with the kids. Last year the 1 point nail bighter was a little bit more intense. I wasn't happy about the kids not getting acknowledged but I can understand why the Eagles players were distracted.

Don't be surprised for this to happen every year from now on. So what if two didn't shake hands, they patted them on the back, ruffled their hair, gave them a hat, the kids were acknowledged.

If i worried about what people said or wrote about me then i would be weak .
The Bombers will get better .If the people stroll down memory lane the Bombers have tons of premierships compared to them.

Is that what this is about? You're annoyed that we romped the premiership in so you're trying to make yourself feel better by comparing total premierships or making up imaginary things that our players supposedly did or didn't do.

You're a joke at the minute mate. Give it a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given that one of the 'non shakers' I think was Mooney, who actually bent down, ruffled the kids hair, and then leant forward kind of forehead to forehead (not sure what to call that), comparing a non shake of the hand, to being ignored compleyey is kind of foolish.

Geelong did it well this year, whoever organised it and why. :thumbsu:

I cant be bothered with all the name calling that some of you have turned to .
Facts are Facts and you DONT LIKE IT. ( too bad )

yes you are right, facts ARE facts and the Geelong boys were all respectful of the kids. It was a 100% improvement on the WCE effort last year which saw players grabbing the medal and ignoring the kids! not a ruffle of the hair, not a word - nothing!

Why dont you face facts and give credit where it is due. They are premiers, for the first time in 44 years, they had every reason to go off when they got up there but took the time to all acknowldege the kids.

you have run out of straws to grab....seriously

The Cats did a great job with the presentation.

Past players have got the medal and turn away to put their hands in the air and celebrate. An eagles player last year just took the medal out of thr kids hand and put it on himself!

The Cats were fantastic, the hats were a great gesture.....even if only a few of them were actually bright enough to open the cap before trying to put it on the kids head!

yes you are right, facts ARE facts and the Geelong boys were all respectful of the kids. It was a 100% improvement on the WCE effort last year which saw players grabbing the medal and ignoring the kids! not a ruffle of the hair, not a word - nothing!

Why dont you face facts and give credit where it is due. They are premiers, for the first time in 44 years, they had every reason to go off when they got up there but took the time to all acknowldege the kids.

you have run out of straws to grab....seriously

How many players exactly?

For a 100% improvement, you seem to be suggesting they were all ignored.

How many were ignored?

As previously said, Geelong would have been stupid to not make sure it was all done right - the precedent had been set. It's not hard to adjust things once you see a backlash to a similar situation.

When some of the Eagles didnt shake the hands of the kids giving them the medals in 2006 there was such an outburst in the media and elsewhere YET when Geelong is involved doing the same thing in 2007 nothing seems to be said .:thumbsdown:

you're an idiot:thumbsdown:

I wasn't sure whether the caps were provided by the AFL (to avoid a situation like last year) or by Geelong. If they displayed Geelong's sponsor, then they must have been provided by Geelong (I didn't get a close-up).

Either way, full credit to whoever it was to learn from the Eagles' mistake and provide players with a physical prompt to acknowledge the kids.

Past players have got the medal and turn away to put their hands in the air and celebrate. An eagles player last year just took the medal out of thr kids hand and put it on himself!

Let's be fair....the Cats had cracked open the tinnies and were celebrating at 3 quarter time. The initial euphoria would not be the same as winning a tense battle by less then a kick

The players giving the kids a hat was a very smart, planned deliberate ploy by the Cats. The hat was basically a physical prompt for them to remember to acknowledge the kids instead of getting caught up in the moment like several Eagles did last year.

To be honest the Cats had time in the last quarter to send the runner around to each player reminding them to shake hands with the kids. Last year the 1 point nail bighter was a little bit more intense. I wasn't happy about the kids not getting acknowledged but I can understand why the Eagles players were distracted.

Don't be surprised for this to happen every year from now on. So what if two didn't shake hands, they patted them on the back, ruffled their hair, gave them a hat, the kids were acknowledged.

Sorry matey, lame excuse. The Swans won by 2 points in 2005 and still managed to acknowledge the little people presenting their medals.

Sorry matey, lame excuse. The Swans won by 2 points in 2005 and still managed to acknowledge the little people presenting their medals.

You are talking as if NO Eagles acknowledged the kids....how many didn't? Do you know?

Do you commonly stereotype people based upon a minority?

Do you think every arab is a terrorist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not all Geelong Players shook hands when receiving their Grand Final Medal off the young person

Remove this Banner Ad

Back