Nothern Riverina Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very average standard if you played 1's in BDAFL - you will find it fairly easy especially the skills and pace of the game, although it is a very tough league.

Must say there champ , have heard that said before about the NRFL, but have seen many middle of the road players from the RFL and Farrer league, come back and struggle because they cant get the ball!
In the NRFL you have to get your own ball as most of the skills are not good enough to get the ball to the so called skillfull players from the so called better leagues.
If you are a quality ball winner you shouldnt have a problem.

Must say there champ , have heard that said before about the NRFL, but have seen many middle of the road players from the RFL and Farrer league, come back and struggle because they cant get the ball!
In the NRFL you have to get your own ball as most of the skills are not good enough to get the ball to the so called skillfull players from the so called better leagues.
If you are a quality ball winner you shouldnt have a problem.

Yep great assesment there big fella :thumbsu: .

What's happening up north? Been talking to Nath back home?

Hello,

I am moving to Parkes next week with work. Can you please tell me what the standard of the league is like? I have played with Terrigal Avoca in the BDAFL.

Cheers

Hey News,

Parkes are not playing in the Northern Riverina League in 2008 as they are now in the Central West AFL competition involving teams from;
Orange
Bathurst
Cowra
Young
Mudgee
Dubbo

Looks like less travelling apart from the trip to Mudgee.

Hey News,

Parkes are not playing in the Northern Riverina League in 2008 as they are now in the Central West AFL competition involving teams from;
Orange
Bathurst
Cowra
Young
Mudgee
Dubbo

Looks like less travelling apart from the trip to Mudgee.

Bloody parkes they change comps nearly as often as i change my undies!!!

(no further comment will be entered into in regards to my undies)

Round 1 kicks of this week;

Anyone got any news for the up coming season in regards to new players/coach's.

Looks like barellan and hilston will be the sides to beat.

Not much happening on here but for any readers this weekends games are;
Barellan Football Club vs Hillston Football Club - Barellan Sports Ground

Lake Cargelligo Football Club vs Cobar Football Club - Lake Cargelligo Recreation Ground

West Wyalong/Girral Football C vs Ungarie Football Club - West Wyalong Recreation Ground Detailed Results

BYE:Tullibigeal Football Club

The ladder is currently;

1 Tullibigeal Football Club 3 3 0 0 0 0 289 141 204.96 12
2 West Wyalong/Girral Football C 2 2 0 0 1 0 275 112 245.54 8
3 Barellan Football Club 2 1 1 0 1 0 190 109 174.31 4
4 Lake Cargelligo Football Club 3 1 2 0 0 0 458 291 157.39 4
5 Hillston Football Club 2 1 1 0 1 0 204 205 99.51 4
6 Ungarie Football Club 3 1 2 0 0 0 111 442 25.11 4
7 Cobar Football Club 3 0 3 0 0 0 96 323 29.72 0

Righto , just to spark something here,
Do Know that Big Wesley is sneaking up on Gary Koops record for most goals overall in the NRFL this year, Not sure if this is right, but do know that it is not far off for the big fella!!
Lets see how big his head gets when he gets past that figure, whatever it is.

Righto , just to spark something here,
Do Know that Big Wesley is sneaking up on Gary Koops record for most goals overall in the NRFL this year, Not sure if this is right, but do know that it is not far off for the big fella!!
Lets see how big his head gets when he gets past that figure, whatever it is.
His head couldnt get any bigger

Got to go into bat for the big fella , lake would not have had half the success it has enjoyed over the last few years without him,
someone who can consistently kick goals is invaluable.
and even though his head does swell occasionally i cant help but like him!

Definately one of lakes best in the 2003 premiership year, under difficult circumstances, and was one of the best in the GF even though he only kicked 2 or 3 goals

Got to go into bat for the big fella , lake would not have had half the success it has enjoyed over the last few years without him,
someone who can consistently kick goals is invaluable.
and even though his head does swell occasionally i cant help but like him!

Definately one of lakes best in the 2003 premiership year, under difficult circumstances, and was one of the best in the GF even though he only kicked 2 or 3 goals

Spoken like the great Wes himself.....................

Big News, in the NRFL with a big name player signing a clearance to lake cargelligo,sure to get people talking and no doubt a lot of people whinging!

Big News, in the NRFL with a big name player signing a clearance to lake cargelligo,sure to get people talking and no doubt a lot of people whinging!

Who would that big name player be :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think most of those people whinging will be lake people or other teams?

Personally i don't think he'll have that great an impact!!!!:p

5478094_logoIMG.jpg

The Squad for the Championships in Wagga this Weekend;

1 James NANCARROW Hillston
2 Phil AUBREY Lake Cargellico
3 Matt BUNN Hillston
4 Billy MAY Hillston
5 Mark BENDALL Tullibigeal
6 Daniel BENDALL Tullibigeal
7 Mark BRYANT Ungarie
8 Simon CLARKE WW-Girral
9 Jim DAVIS WW-Girral
10 Rod LEMON WW-Girral
11 Nathan SANSON Lake Cargellico
12 Daniel RYALL WW-Girral
13 Paul GAUCI Cobar
14 Murray ROBOTHAM Cobar
15 Lance HAWORTH Ungarie
16 Josh WARD Ungarie
17 Cameron ARNOLD Hillston
18 Nathan MORRIS Lake Cargellico
19 Jason MALONE Barellan
20 Greg MCFADYEN Lake Cargellico
21 Jay POUND Barellan
22 Glen MURPHY Hillston
23 Brendan MURPHY Hillston
24 Brad MALE Barellan
25 Kaine MALONE Barellan

League Representative: Pat Daniher
Team Manager: Peter McFayden
Coach: Steve Henley
Umpire: Garry Koop
Colours: Red & Black

Players to watch for;
*23 Brendan MURPHY Hillston, 20 Greg MCFADYEN Lake Cargellico, 4 Billy MAY Hillston, 17 Cameron ARNOLD Hillston, 3 Matt BUNN Hillston.

5478094_logoIMG.jpg

The Squad for the Championships in Wagga this Weekend;

1 James NANCARROW Hillston
2 PhilAUBREYLake Cargellico
3 Matt BUNN Hillston
4 Billy MAY Hillston
5 Mark BENDALL Tullibigeal
6 Daniel BENDALL Tullibigeal
7 Mark BRYANT Ungarie
8 Simon CLARKE WW-Girral
9 Jim DAVIS WW-Girral
10 Rod LEMON WW-Girral
11 NathanSANSONLake Cargellico
12 Daniel RYALL WW-Girral
13 Paul GAUCI Cobar
14 Murray ROBOTHAM Cobar
15 Lance HAWORTH Ungarie
16 Josh WARD Ungarie
17 Cameron ARNOLD Hillston
18 NathanMORRISLake Cargellico
19 Jason MALONE Barellan
20 GregMCFADYENLake Cargellico
21 Jay POUND Barellan
22 Glen MURPHY Hillston
23 Brendan MURPHY Hillston
24 Brad MALE Barellan
25 Kaine MALONE Barellan

League Representative: Pat Daniher
Team Manager: Peter McFayden
Coach: Steve Henley
Umpire: Garry Koop
Colours: Red & Black

Players to watch for;
*23 Brendan MURPHY Hillston, 20 GregMCFADYENLake Cargellico, 4 Billy MAY Hillston, 17 Cameron ARNOLD Hillston, 3 Matt BUNN Hillston.

Not having a go at you Koop, just wanting to point out Lake Cargelligo is spelt with a "go" rather than i "co"... you know like the ad on TV "Are you going to the Lake..... go, go, go Lake Cargelligo"... you mite not know it, but its a favourite of mine.

Thanks for the squad, i wouldn't know half of them but thanks all the same.

Interesting that the Top team so far in 08 (Tulli ) only got two players in the team, can anyone fill me in on why that is so. Do they go fishing on their long weekends at there ?????

Brilliant effort by the "big dawg". In a comp that has only 14 home and away games a year, to take out an all time record like that is a great effort.
Well done mate, and well done 21g4 with all your assists over the years :p

thanks hdt5 for the recognition,
Is there a surprise inclusion for the lake on the weekend??

Mate haven't been in touch with any of the boys all week so haven't heard. Will get onto my sources tonight.
Think i know who you might be thinking of though and the result of the match may be an indication as to if he played or not.

Mate haven't been in touch with any of the boys all week so haven't heard. Will get onto my sources tonight.
Think i know who you might be thinking of though and the result of the match may be an indication as to if he played or not.

He played. didn't do much in the first half but got a bit of ball in the second. Dogs won by 3 goals after leading by 11 at one stage according to a drunken phone call from the assistant coach, who also played. Timba won't be able to move tomorrow.

He played. didn't do much in the first half but got a bit of ball in the second. Dogs won by 3 goals after leading by 11 at one stage according to a drunken phone call from the assistant coach, who also played. Timba won't be able to move tomorrow.
Head 16 can you give me the link to check your results and player stats please.

Head 16 can you give me the link to check your results and player stats please.

Ha, no stats sites involved here. As mentioned my info came from a drunken phone call. Funnily enough the bloke that made that call shares a name similar to your alias. I might refer to him as north cab though!!!

Ha, no stats sites involved here. As mentioned my info came from a drunken phone call. Funnily enough the bloke that made that call shares a name similar to your alias. I might refer to him as north cab though!!!
Sounds fair to me he maybe a cousin it appears i have several now playing in your leauge.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back