Nothern Riverina Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be certain but i think a few of the lake boys are thinking bout heading up the road to play for the hoppers. That mite throw a spanner in the works for a tilt at back to back flags. But they've always got a few young kids who play well each year.

Also heard there could be some NT recruits, they've got a connection up there somehow, Wait see on that one!

Can't be certain but i think a few of the lake boys are thinking bout heading up the road to play for the hoppers. That mite throw a spanner in the works for a tilt at back to back flags. But they've always got a few young kids who play well each year.

Also heard there could be some NT recruits, they've got a connection up there somehow, Wait see on that one!

who would be considering playn for them, tulli n lake tend to share players around through the years...yer the 17s didnt have a bad yr coming 3rd...
who would have the connection there..how many players r they lookn for from their..

Did barellan and hilston sign coaches yet???

Cant imagine lake being able to get anyone there, other than locals just cant see where they are going to get them a job,
and there is always talk of blokes heading to tully, steve ireland might be going back there (that is pure speculation)

Cant imagine lake being able to get anyone there, other than locals just cant see where they are going to get them a job,
and there is always talk of blokes heading to tully, steve ireland might be going back there (that is pure speculation)

Yer i spoze depends on how much they are willing to spend they would propably b one of the wealthier clubs goin round but jobs would b pritty scarce i spoze wit the drought...yer thats mainly because of the towns being close and links with one another...steve went to lake to get that premiership n he got it but dnt no wat he will do.started at ungarie as junior then went to tulli n lake so hilston logicaly sounds the next place to go as they are all on the same road goin one way..

Gday guys, good reading on a comp that you scarcely find info on. Just wondering how the Ungarie Magpies are faring these days, my club the Nor-West Jets played them 2 years in a row in trials, we came up there n had a ball, Pete Noack(one of our old boys)put us up in the pub, best weekend you could ask for.Are they still around??As strong as they were?

Gday guys, good reading on a comp that you scarcely find info on. Just wondering how the Ungarie Magpies are faring these days, my club the Nor-West Jets played them 2 years in a row in trials, we came up there n had a ball, Pete Noack(one of our old boys)put us up in the pub, best weekend you could ask for.Are they still around??As strong as they were?

Yer mate good to hear you are interested in the comp, i started up the thread to get people talking bout the league...Yer mate not to bad last year came 2nd last but this yr missed out on the finals by a game but should of been there only misd out through a club getn points deducted..yer i remember when you boys came down n played i was only on the boundry those days sence then the club has lost a few players but the club gave a few young blokes a go the last couple of years n its the best experience ever playin with the guys and beeing involved in the club...yer petes left town his brother is playin these days a handy foward..hav strugled from numbers jst need 2-3 key position players and will b right up there if we play like we did at the end of the season beat 4th n 5th both by over 100 points...best place to play footy..wat did u think about the place..

Yer mate good to hear you are interested in the comp, i started up the thread to get people talking bout the league...Yer mate not to bad last year came 2nd last but this yr missed out on the finals by a game but should of been there only misd out through a club getn points deducted..yer i remember when you boys came down n played i was only on the boundry those days sence then the club has lost a few players but the club gave a few young blokes a go the last couple of years n its the best experience ever playin with the guys and beeing involved in the club...yer petes left town his brother is playin these days a handy foward..hav strugled from numbers jst need 2-3 key position players and will b right up there if we play like we did at the end of the season beat 4th n 5th both by over 100 points...best place to play footy..wat did u think about the place..
Absolutely loved it,from the metal copper outside the cop shop to the few hundred ppl that came to watch.Never felt more welcome in a town, great hospitality.Still have a hangover from that weekend.We had it teed up to play the following year,(05)but from what we were told there wasnt a ground to play on and they were struggling to get numbers for it.Would love to start it up again,maybe somewhere in between-Orange or similar?If you can find me their coaches details(is it still Chris D?)i'll see what we can do,we're keen to travel this pre season. Still remember getting off the bus with an hour til game time, i was filming the experience. Walked down to Pete's pub(top pub is it called?)n theres Chris Daniher drinking cans, played a sensational game on about 9 different opponents, then backed up in the Hay Bale race!!! Quality memories.

Absolutely loved it,from the metal copper outside the cop shop to the few hundred ppl that came to watch.Never felt more welcome in a town, great hospitality.Still have a hangover from that weekend.We had it teed up to play the following year,(05)but from what we were told there wasnt a ground to play on and they were struggling to get numbers for it.Would love to start it up again,maybe somewhere in between-Orange or similar?If you can find me their coaches details(is it still Chris D?)i'll see what we can do,we're keen to travel this pre season. Still remember getting off the bus with an hour til game time, i was filming the experience. Walked down to Pete's pub(top pub is it called?)n theres Chris Daniher drinking cans, played a sensational game on about 9 different opponents, then backed up in the Hay Bale race!!! Quality memories.

lol good would b an experience like no other..yer the town holds like 400 so when footy's on half the faithful come down to support....yer ground was in poor nick n numbers were poor were beter this yr dnt no wat they will b like nxt yr..atm the ground only has a 20m circle of green grass around the cricket pitch...chris is still playn n steve henly is coachn again this yr id say n e of them would b good u no wat chris is like..got a new publican in there hes a supporter of the club..wb mate

lol good would b an experience like no other..yer the town holds like 400 so when footy's on half the faithful come down to support....yer ground was in poor nick n numbers were poor were beter this yr dnt no wat they will b like nxt yr..atm the ground only has a 20m circle of green grass around the cricket pitch...chris is still playn n steve henly is coachn again this yr id say n e of them would b good u no wat chris is like..got a new publican in there hes a supporter of the club..wb mate
Sweet, i'll PM you my details and i'll do my best to organise this game, something to rekindle and something to definitely look forward to.

I'm after any info on the Murphy bros,i believe they played at Hillston!!!!!:thumbsu:

yer they played at hilston last yr...wat brings there attention to you...brendon won the b/f for the NRFL and is the best ruckman that ive seem play in the league and leagues around the area hes very agile..his brother is pritty good player bout 190cm not near as good as his broher but good value...wat r they up 2 this yr

yer they played at hilston last yr...wat brings there attention to you...brendon won the b/f for the NRFL and is the best ruckman that ive seem play in the league and leagues around the area hes very agile..his brother is pritty good player bout 190cm not near as good as his broher but good value...wat r they up 2 this yr
One of there mates was telling me that the oldest one who ever he is might go to QAFL and the younger one will play in Melb.

One of there mates was telling me that the oldest one who ever he is might go to QAFL and the younger one will play in Melb.

yer so u dnt think that will b playn wit hillston...will b a big loss for them.. n e more news on the league..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen both blokes play the older 1 is better than the younger one, but he is a long way off playing up north.

nah i rekon he could almost play in any league excecpt WAFL,SANFL,VFL, AFL from wat he showed last yr,his brother is bit behind...so were r they gunna play...

nah i rekon he could almost play in any league excecpt WAFL,SANFL,VFL, AFL from wat he showed last yr,his brother is bit behind...so were r they gunna play...
Iv'e got no info on them,just enquiring myself,whats the standard of the comp there like.

Iv'e got no info on them,just enquiring myself,whats the standard of the comp there like.

fair enough...yer itd getn better not up wit rfl but with most of the farrer clubs id say..wat league u associate with

Melbourne based comp SE suburbs.

Fair...wats the standard like their..howd u hear bout the boys from hilston..

West wyalong advocate had an article in it which announced that rod 'bumpy' lemon will be G-WW captain-coach for the upcoming season..

wats news around other clubs in the league..in relation to players n coaches...

And Phil rowston might have to step into the breach at Barellan again with no one else suitable putting their hand up

Coachs for 2007:

Lake Cargellico:
Barellan:
West Wyalong:
Parkes:
Hilston:
Ungarie:
Cobar:
Tulli:

Coachs for 2007:

Lake Cargellico: Denis Dunstan
Barellan: Phil Rowston:confused:
West Wyalong: Rod Lemon
Parkes::confused:
Hilston: Gary Argus:confused:
Ungarie: Steve Henely
Cobar::confused:
Tulli::confused:

herd that one of lakes better players nath sanson has signed for hay for a fair bit of cash..

Re: Northern Riverina Football League

Phil Rowston will once again coach Barellan in 2007 after much convincing so I am told. Not so sure about big Gary coaching Hillston though, think you may find he will once again be figuring prominently in the goal square for the Griffith Swans Reserves team in 2007.

Heard that West Wyalong has been quite active on the recruiting front. With a redeveloped ground and a few names things are looking good for them in 2007. Dont think there will be much decline at Lake despite a couple of player losses, once again the Tigers will be right up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back