Nothern Riverina Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone give me a quick review of all the clubs in the league? Who are the strong and weak teams, any really good players come into the league this year etc..
I grew up playing in the NRFL and it is very hard to get any information on any of the games.

Does Northern Riverina have a bye and when, I presume it will be a interleague weekend and who do they play ??????

Does Northern Riverina have a bye and when, I presume it will be a interleague weekend and who do they play ??????

yer mate we play ceNtral wesT this week at parkes and play coreen on the long w/E in wagga..im not sure wat the leagues policy is for players who get picked weather they will have their best 22 or guys will puLl out..

Koopy you're running into good form so word has it.. Have to be a chance for the inter-league yeh mate?:thumbsu:

Inter-league's been taken as a bit of a joke i think in the last couple of years..
Playing coreen as well as C/W will hopefully get a bit more interest from the star players in the league.
GO NRFL

Koopy you're running into good form so word has it.. Have to be a chance for the inter-league yeh mate?:thumbsu:

Inter-league's been taken as a bit of a joke i think in the last couple of years..
Playing coreen as well as C/W will hopefully get a bit more interest from the star players in the league.
GO NRFL

loL mate im jst playn footy...few blokes have been pulln out so goin over...

you couldnt have put that n e better, team will b poor this w/e, i just hope for the leagues sake when they come to wagga to play coreen they put their best 22 to show how much the leagues got...

loL mate im jst playn footy...few blokes have been pulln out so goin over...

you couldnt have put that n e better, team will b poor this w/e, i just hope for the leagues sake when they come to wagga to play coreen they put their best 22 to show how much the leagues got...

not a bad comment there koop.

who would you suggest should be in the best 22... in fact, see if you can pick a team and post it on here. i'll have a little think about it and put one up as well.
HDT, we know you're outta town, but surely you could throw together some sort of team.

question - what teams are in the coreen league?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh i'll give it a crack mate, but i haven't seen a game this year and only played a handful last year so it'll be a bit rough.. Someone might be able to fill in the gaps>>

G. Worner (ww) G Mcfadyen (LC) Bumpy Lemon (ww)

C. Daniher (UNG) (CHB?) Merv Sanson (LC)

D. DeBrit (ww) M.Bunn (hill) N. Morris (LC)

A Curran (Bar) D Curran (Bar) W. Archibald (Ung)

D Byrne (Prks) G Argus (hill) lil Murphy @(hill)

Followers:
Big Murphy (Hill) P Aubrey (LC) (Rover?)Rod ward??

Reserves: ????????????????????????????????

Yeh i'll hav a go hama from what ive seen this yr.

G. Worner (ww) G Mcfadyen (LC) Bumpy Lemon (ww)

B.Browne (tul) C. Daniher (UNG) Merv Sanson (LC)

C.Rees (Ung) M.Bunn (hill) N. Morris (LC)

lil Murphy (hil) A Curran (Bar) W. Archibald (Ung)

C Coleman (Ung) M .Smith (ww) D.cuRran (bar)

Followers:
Big Murphy (Hill) K.Malone (baR) (Rover) B May (Hil)

Reserves:K.Arch (ung) D Byrne (pks) M. jAkson (coB) D.benDal (tuL)

must have been a great game at hillston , 22 goals to 18 ,tight all day and lake kicks 7 goals to 3 in the last quarter.
the Big Wes meister kicks 10 and still doesnt get a mention in the best till 4th, lake blokes just dont appreciate the big fella and how hard it is to kick goals.
He will love to read this and his head will swell.
Wes i expect a bit of mutual admiration mate !!!!

must have been a great game at hillston , 22 goals to 18 ,tight all day and lake kicks 7 goals to 3 in the last quarter.
the Big Wes meister kicks 10 and still doesnt get a mention in the best till 4th, lake blokes just dont appreciate the big fella and how hard it is to kick goals.
He will love to read this and his head will swell.
Wes i expect a bit of mutual admiration mate !!!!

haha the big dawg's head might match his nose now.. :p.
Just kidding big fella. Looking forward to getting home, starting to get too bloody cold down here.
Go the mighty tigs

heard big wes has kicked his 600th goal for lake
an amazing feat, especially considering the short NRFL season(14 game home and away) and in only 7 or8 years
Well done mate
And I know the lake boys dont appreciate what they have !!!

All the talk pre season was about this Matt Smith at Wyalong, but i was told by a very well respected footballer from the region How Wes was so much better value, good on ya mate

But you still havnt kicked 21 mate!!!!haha:D

600!!! well done mate..

I'll claim bout 50 of em :p..

nah all seriously though I remember Rod "rocket" Ward once saying that he was almost entirely responsible for your first 300 goals.. Better shout him a beer :rolleyes: hahaha

heard big wes has kicked his 600th goal for lake
an amazing feat, especially considering the short NRFL season(14 game home and away) and in only 7 or8 years
Well done mate
And I know the lake boys dont appreciate what they have !!!

All the talk pre season was about this Matt Smith at Wyalong, but i was told by a very well respected footballer from the region How Wes was so much better value, good on ya mate

But you still havnt kicked 21 mate!!!!haha:D

21g4, be careful!
I get the feeling big wez has found your password. Surely he wrote that stuff about himself but used your big footy alias to aviod any conflict of interest.

Seriously well done to big wez.

21g4, can you search your records (or spooks) and provide some more stats on the big tiger forward.... like

How many behinds has he kicked?
How many handballs has he had? (in his time at lake)
How many pies has he eaten?:D (2000-3000 my guess)
How many times has he left the safety and comfort of the forward line?
How many training sessions has he avoided?
How many times has he threatened retirement due to 'personality clashes'?
and here's the big one....
how many of those 600 sausage rolls would be from a direct assist from the dual premiership winning legend... Justin Sanson?

Let us know will ya, and if your not sure about some, feel free to make it up?

21g4, be careful!
I get the feeling big wez has found your password. Surely he wrote that stuff about himself but used your big footy alias to aviod any conflict of interest.

Seriously well done to big wez.

21g4, can you search your records (or spooks) and provide some more stats on the big tiger forward.... like

How many behinds has he kicked?
How many handballs has he had? (in his time at lake)
How many pies has he eaten?:D (2000-3000 my guess)
How many times has he left the safety and comfort of the forward line?
How many training sessions has he avoided?
How many times has he threatened retirement due to 'personality clashes'?
and here's the big one....
how many of those 600 sausage rolls would be from a direct assist from the dual premiership winning legend... Justin Sanson?

Let us know will ya, and if your not sure about some, feel free to make it up?

Well I will answer your questions in point form 16 goals 8
- behinds , the big fella is a pretty good shot for goal and does make the most of his opportunities allthough some would say he never strays to far from the big sticks, if he has kicked 600 goals for lake i think he probably would have kicked less than 300 behinds, maybe even less than 200.
- hanballs, a completely different matter, as wes's favourite saying would be why give it to someone else when you have a slight chance of kicking it yourself.But to be honest I was always pretty confident when wes had the ball in his hand.

-PIES, you would have to ask the ladies in the canteen or MRs Mac, although with the lovely Taryn being a home ec teacher i am sure he does better than pies at home, Have had a couple of nice meals courtesy of taryn myself.

- the forward line, only when told he had to, he had to be dragged out to half forward line kicking and screaming!

-Training, there have been some cracker excuses, a hard day at school!!, a big arvo with the auskick kids, parent teacher interviews, heard them all.
but to be honest he was there more than a lot of others, used to need a rub occasionally when someone suggested
some running for the boys to do!!

-Personality clashes , there is only one personality that counts around wes and we all know who that is ,all credit to the big fella as i know myself it will just about kill him when he realises he cant go out and kick goals anymore.

-Well 4 seasons together where he probably would have kicked around 300,
All that space made for him with strong leads, quick and quality delivery, all those ruck contests when he needed to stay close to goal except if he thought he could grab it from th ball up and have a snap, quality blocks to provide space and fantastic talk letting him know what was around him,
Yep I think the big fella owes dual premiership playing legend Justin Sanson a couple of those sanson Bros leading goalkicker trophy's, :thumbsu:

:D seriously big fella we love ya and all the bullshit you carry on with!!!!

Well I will answer your questions in point form 16 goals 8
- behinds , the big fella is a pretty good shot for goal and does make the most of his opportunities allthough some would say he never strays to far from the big sticks, if he has kicked 600 goals for lake i think he probably would have kicked less than 300 behinds, maybe even less than 200.
- hanballs, a completely different matter, as wes's favourite saying would be why give it to someone else when you have a slight chance of kicking it yourself.But to be honest I was always pretty confident when wes had the ball in his hand.

-PIES, you would have to ask the ladies in the canteen or MRs Mac, although with the lovely Taryn being a home ec teacher i am sure he does better than pies at home, Have had a couple of nice meals courtesy of taryn myself.

- the forward line, only when told he had to, he had to be dragged out to half forward line kicking and screaming!

-Training, there have been some cracker excuses, a hard day at school!!, a big arvo with the auskick kids, parent teacher interviews, heard them all.
but to be honest he was there more than a lot of others, used to need a rub occasionally when someone suggested
some running for the boys to do!!

-Personality clashes , there is only one personality that counts around wes and we all know who that is ,all credit to the big fella as i know myself it will just about kill him when he realises he cant go out and kick goals anymore.

-Well 4 seasons together where he probably would have kicked around 300,
All that space made for him with strong leads, quick and quality delivery, all those ruck contests when he needed to stay close to goal except if he thought he could grab it from th ball up and have a snap, quality blocks to provide space and fantastic talk letting him know what was around him,
Yep I think the big fella owes dual premiership playing legend Justin Sanson a couple of those sanson Bros leading goalkicker trophy's, :thumbsu:

:D seriously big fella we love ya and all the bullshit you carry on with!!!!

21 goals 4, stop pissing in my pocket and 16 goals 8 get f@#&*d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back