NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Few rumours from through the week

Boronia are chasing Dylan Clarke (former Essendon) very hard and confident of landing him

Waverley Blues coach had recommitted and then flipped and bailed at the last minute, leaving them scrambling for a coach. A club figure has thankfully stepped in.

Rowville have a fair bit of off field rebuilding to do with the president, secretary and a few others all resigning after winning the flag

East Burwood have had real issues finding a coach, interviewed a number who have turned down the job
Justin Whitcher has been announced as East Burwood's Coach.

Hopefully this appointment is well received by the members. I'm sure he will tick a few boxes.
He was a terrific person when he played for us and no doubt remains as the sort of person you would want at the club. We now have a coach and a ruckman at last. We will be in it, to win it next year.

Last edited:
That was a pretty quick response from someone who doesn't believe in the relevance of this site. Secretly watching?
Quite happy to update you and the other 5 BF people that follow this site on the happenings at East Burwood.Hopefully you can get a U19.5 side up because I rate your new coach a great appointment.Now what is happening at East Burwood Cricket Club?

Quite happy to update you and the other 5 BF people that follow this site on the happenings at East Burwood.Hopefully you can get a U19.5 side up because I rate your new coach a great appointment.Now what is happening at East Burwood Cricket Club?
You seem very keen on updates, but you weren't here when it happened. Can you offer anything new? U19.5's will be going. Most, from what I understand will be back next year. Big year next year. You heard it first here.
As far as EB Cricket Club go, they are down in McIntosh and still struggling. They won't improve until they get off their behinds and get working. Plenty of close by schools. They just need to put the effort in. Unless that happens they will continue on a downwards trend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem very keen on updates, but you weren't here when it happened. Can you offer anything new? U19.5's will be going. Most, from what I understand will be back next year. Big year next year. You heard it first here.
As far as EB Cricket Club go, they are down in McIntosh and still struggling. They won't improve until they get off their behinds and get working. Plenty of close by schools. They just need to put the effort in. Unless that happens they will continue on a downwards trend.

"You heard here first"

East Burwood Cricket Club correct,did ask to drop their senior side to 2 grades lower and has happened.Now have 3 senior sides,no juniors.You are right they have to look at the schools close by to build up their club.

East Burwood Football Junior Football similar problem though with only junior sides this season,U10,U12.U15 and U17.5 so perhaps they should be looking at the schools as well.BUT surely both clubs face similar problems with the number of asians ,iindians (who are more interested in cricket) living in that area.

Last edited:
^^Demographics have ebbs and flows and it's happened in East Burwood over the past decade. There was a drop-off a few years ago with participation in Cricket and Football and then a rise and now a drop-off once again. I don't feel East Burwood is the lone ranger. Cricket itself is very popular with a few cultures and now they tend to dominate cricket clubs and boards. Like factions, you piss one group off the next thing you know half your club has gone. I will add this happens at Football clubs as well. Ebbs and Flows, swings and Roundabouts and everyone has an opinion/solution to fix it, the trouble is I'm yet to see one.

^^Demographics have ebbs and flows and it's happened in East Burwood over the past decade. There was a drop-off a few years ago with participation in Cricket and Football and then a rise and now a drop-off once again. I don't feel East Burwood is the lone ranger. Cricket itself is very popular with a few cultures and now they tend to dominate cricket clubs and boards. Like factions, you piss one group off the next thing you know half your club has gone. I will add this happens at Football clubs as well. Ebbs and Flows, swings and Roundabouts and everyone has an opinion/solution to fix it, the trouble is I'm yet to see one.
Hopefully you and Cliff were at the meet the coach tonight and can update us all.

Of course he shouldn’t.

But to lead a walkout of senior players that kills the club? Christ.
Perhaps OD are just accepting of all people no matter their background or previous life choices.

Gee Bunk I'd hope you've never made an error in your life. Squeaky clean are you? No skeletons?

I served on the committe at GW for a a few years (didn't serve the year of the incident or the one prior, still went there most weeks so well aware of the going ons) and I can tell you that the player you are talking about is a fantastic person and a person that any club would be lucky to have. He made a mistake.
Again, I'd hope you've never made one Bunk?

The reports of leading a walkout could not be any further from the truth. He met with OD on his own. Due to this player being so popular they followed. What's he to do? Say no you can't come and play here?
Reports of playing the mental health card - false.
Blaming the committee - false. (I saw him apologise in front of 50 people with my very own eyes)

I say good on OD for opening their arms and allowing him to firstly play there, and secondly coach there. Shows the type of character they think he is. Probably carries more merit as they actually know him.
I'm sure he wouldn't be worried by the opinion of you Bunk who is just going off your Chinese whispers .

Stay out of trouble Bunk..

Perhaps OD are just accepting of all people no matter their background or previous life choices.

Gee Bunk I'd hope you've never made an error in your life. Squeaky clean are you? No skeletons?

I served on the committe at GW for a a few years (didn't serve the year of the incident or the one prior, still went there most weeks so well aware of the going ons) and I can tell you that the player you are talking about is a fantastic person and a person that any club would be lucky to have. He made a mistake.

The reports of leading a walkout could not be any further from the truth. He met with OD on his own. Due to this player being so popular they followed. What's he to do? Say no you can't come and play here?
Blaming the committee - false. (I saw him apologise in front of 50 people with my very own eyes)

I say good on OD for opening their arms and allowing him to firstly play there, and secondly coach there. Shows the type of character they think he is. Probably carries more merit as they actually know him.
I'm sure he wouldn't be worried by the opinion of you Bunk who is just going off your Chinese whispers .

Talk to your president then

But it wasn’t just backlash from the public and sponsors that Mr Hollard was having to deal with, it was backlash from the players and their families as well.

Captain Mitch Potts — who had nothing to do with the video — accused the club of not looking after his mental health and led a walk-out of the senior players following an emergency meeting with the club and sponsors.

Mr Holland said everything started “unravelling” when major sponsors began pulling out and parents began removing their children from the junior programs.

Players also began posting about the incident on social media and letters which contained “virtually death threats” were being sent to the committee.

But what would have been the nail in the coffin for the club came when the City of Monash sent a letter noting it could withdraw the use of the club’s facility if it was in breach of clauses in the contract relating to inappropriate behaviour.

Of course I've made mistakes. And yes that's precisely what he should've said. I'm going elsewhere, and you're not coming with me - stay at Glen Waverley and see it through.

The club comes first. It's not a foreign concept to most.

Instead the club is dead. Hope they're happy.

Talk to your president then

But it wasn’t just backlash from the public and sponsors that Mr Hollard was having to deal with, it was backlash from the players and their families as well.

Captain Mitch Potts — who had nothing to do with the video — accused the club of not looking after his mental health and led a walk-out of the senior players following an emergency meeting with the club and sponsors.

Mr Holland said everything started “unravelling” when major sponsors began pulling out and parents began removing their children from the junior programs.

Players also began posting about the incident on social media and letters which contained “virtually death threats” were being sent to the committee.

But what would have been the nail in the coffin for the club came when the City of Monash sent a letter noting it could withdraw the use of the club’s facility if it was in breach of clauses in the contract relating to inappropriate behaviour.

Of course I've made mistakes. And yes that's precisely what he should've said. I'm going elsewhere, and you're not coming with me - stay at Glen Waverley and see it through.

The club comes first. It's not a foreign concept to most.

Instead the club is dead. Hope they're happy.

There's literally more truth in the bible than that article bunk. So referring back to it does nothing in my opinion.

The death of the club was when incoming 2023 coach Dean Warren decided he and his coaching staff couldn't work with the President, and in turn all quit in December.
You speak to Dean and he'll tell you they would have a got a side up in 2023.

You should have been in charge of the press release old mate, but either you or the pres are lying, few contradicting facts here.

Do GWH have a way back? or is central reserve up for grabs? Few clubs would be sniffing around, excellent ground & facilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back