NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a committee + leadership meeting and he quit afterwards.

As I heard it…

The club was told by council it had to expel the players involved or it would not be granted a ground to play on.

What could the committee do?

In situations it’s pretty clear what needs to happen: the club needs to come first. It’s bigger than any individual.

I think a true servant of a club would’ve quit and walked away and told everybody else to get on with it. You might not want to, it might not be fair, but you have to put the club first.

Particularly when your own absolute stupidity has led to it.

This bloke had a crack at the committee, who had done nothing wrong and we’re only doing their job - which was to run the club and keep it going - and then led a walkout of players that killed the club.

I didn’t really understand Oakleigh District accepting him… I guess desperation leads you to jump at a chance to bring 20 players in.

But there’s been this weird undercurrent of almost congratulating him at OD. They made this big deal of him returning from his suspension, now they’ve made him Under 19 coach? Wouldn’t you just keep it quiet, not highlight him and let everybody just get on with footy?

It’s just all very weird.

As I heard it…

The club was told by council it had to expel the players involved or it would not be granted a ground to play on.

In situations it’s pretty clear what needs to happen: the club needs to come first. It’s bigger than any individual.

I think a true servant of a club would’ve quit and walked away and told everybody else to get on with it. You might not want to, it might not be fair, but you have to put the club first.

This bloke had a crack at the committee, who had done nothing wrong and we’re only doing their job - which was to run the club and keep it going - and then led a walkout of players that killed the club.

I didn’t really understand Oakleigh District accepting him… I guess desperation leads you to jump at a chance to bring 20 players in.

But there’s been this weird undercurrent of almost congratulating him at OD. They made this big deal of him returning from his suspension, now they’ve made him Under 19 coach? Wouldn’t you just keep it quiet, not highlight him and let everybody just get on with footy?

Have you checked the Oakleigh District F C facabook lately.lol

As I heard it…

But no sane individual would see that act as something worthy of being career ending or destroying. Why should he give up his future because some people like to get offended easily and Councils love to stick their nose in things that are none of their business.

It’s not like councils need much motivation to make life hard for sporting clubs, that game taking place and training sessions are robbing poor dog walkers of an oval..

But no sane individual would see that act as something worthy of being career ending or destroying. Why should he give up his future because some people like to get offended easily and Councils love to stick their nose in things that are none of their business.

It’s not like councils need much motivation to make life hard for sporting clubs, that game taking place and training sessions are robbing poor dog walkers of an oval..

Of course he shouldn’t.

But to lead a walkout of senior players that kills the club? Christ.

As I heard it…

The EFL suspended him?

Agree totally with all of that though. You have to take responsibility for your own actions, saw the mental health card was played too, shock. Made the club the laughing stock of local footy in Melbourne.

Clayton Oliver?

Few rumours from through the week

Boronia are chasing Dylan Clarke (former Essendon) very hard and confident of landing him

Waverley Blues coach had recommitted and then flipped and bailed at the last minute, leaving them scrambling for a coach. A club figure has thankfully stepped in.

Rowville have a fair bit of off field rebuilding to do with the president, secretary and a few others all resigning after winning the flag

East Burwood have had real issues finding a coach, interviewed a number who have turned down the job

Waverley Blues coach had recommitted and then flipped and bailed at the last minute, leaving them scrambling for a coach. A club figure has thankfully stepped in.

Heard that was more a mutual parting because of the Blues straight set exit from the finals. Committee expected more and some of them were quite critical of Langford.

Be interesting to see how they go next year, Langford was the key to a number of their recruits.

Heard that was more a mutual parting because of the Blues straight set exit from the finals. Committee expected more and some of them were quite critical of Langford.

Be interesting to see how they go next year, Langford was the key to a number of their recruits.
Maybe that sniper Perry can step in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how unhappy they could be with an unbeaten premiership and then on promotion, a second place finish even if it was a straight sets exit.

Apparently they are unhappy, but more that he said he was going on, then changed his mind late.

Pendlebury was pretty much across the line at EB but Edi Asp come late and was convinced that there was more of a chance of team success at Edi. I wonder if a few teams are now regretting jumping the gun early and sacking coaches.
Incorrect according to the post in the Premier 2023 discussion thread. Life member Adam Lenarcic, has come back from Balwyn to become head of recruitment and football development.

Last edited:
Pendlebury was pretty much across the line at EB but Edi Asp come late and was convinced that there was more of a chance of team success at Edi. I wonder if a few teams are now regretting jumping the gun early and sacking coaches.
probably have more cash too

Boronia are chasing Dylan Clarke (former Essendon) very hard and confident of landing him

Rowville have a fair bit of off field rebuilding to do with the president, secretary and a few others all resigning after winning the flag

East Burwood have had real issues finding a coach, interviewed a number who have turned down the job
Dylan’s brother Ryan has just been delisted by the swans. Could they both end up at Boronia

I'm told Div 3 leading goal kicker Zak Bozanich from Oakleigh Districts most likely gone.

Not 100% and club still hanging on to hope, but they are now not expecting him to be playing there in 2024.

Where has Langers gone?

It was said he was taking a higher role elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back