NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Been happening for years. Play till under 16s in the Yarra rangers then get told to find an efl club.
Been happening in the EFNL for years as well. Didn't matter which club you played for in the EFNL, kids were directed to go to Vermont and now Blackburn.

Been happening in the EFNL for years as well. Didn't matter which club you played for in the EFNL, kids were directed to go to Vermont and now Blackburn.

Wonder if this was why Aaron Mullett swapped sides.

One minute he’s a Mustang.
The next, a Vermont Eagle.

None of the players were Montrose born or bred. Again told to go to an EFNL club by the so called experts.

No recognition of the real home club that developed these young players. Fortunately the payment system doesn’t exist any more where the club the player was recruited from gets a nice financial benefit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not according to PlayHQ. Started at East Ringwood in 2012 and played entire junior career there

View attachment 2006765

Then obviously it's as crappy as everyone says, it's wrong. He started Aus kick at 3 and played U8's for Montrose where his dad was coaching. I think you will find he followed his dad when he went to East Ringwood. His dad is now back at Montrose. You will find he had Montrose listed as his community club when he was playing at Eastern Ranges, because his dad was coaching Montrose U19's at the time (and still is as far as I know). He played at Carlton in the VFL because his dad played U19's for Carlton.

Last edited:
Then obviously it's as crappy as everyone says, it's wrong. He started Aus kick at 3 and played U8's for Montrose where his dad was coaching. I think you will find he followed his dad when he went to East Ringwood. His dad is now back at Montrose. You will find he had Montrose listed as his community club when he was playing at Eastern Ranges, because his dad was coaching Montrose U19's at the time (and still is as far as I know). He played at Carlton in the VFL because his dad played U19's for Carlton.
It may be crappy, but player records aren't created and maintained by PlayHQ. They're a product of parents and clubs. I know he want to Montrose for 19s because of his Dad, but never played a game. It's possible that he started earlier than 2012 at Montrose, but registered as a new player with East Ringwood when he went there rather than transferring and taking his U8 record with him.

It may be crappy, but player records aren't created and maintained by PlayHQ. They're a product of parents and clubs. I know he want to Montrose for 19s because of his Dad, but never played a game. It's possible that he started earlier than 2012 at Montrose, but registered as a new player with East Ringwood when he went there rather than transferring and taking his U8 record with him.
could this Nick Watson conversation be any more boring?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back