NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Reasonably good source tells me Luke McComb is done with Ferntree Gully. Hasn't been paid for much of the season along with a number of players

All VFL players (other than the AFL listed players) have an alignment with a local club. Doesn’t mean they’ll play there or even ever train or anything - but the VFL doesn’t have reserves and they need to register with somebody in case they play there.

For some it will be little more than a name on a piece of paper, but you never know… might be required for a slow return from injury or something.

can confirm that neither of those rumours are at all true....

I cant guarantee its true about McComb but it came from someone who has no skin in the game. Its a cricket connection who also said he may be playing cricket overseas in 2024. But he clearly hasn't signed up yet because there has been no cringey facebook post.

I can guarantee a number of players haven't been paid yet from Ferntree Gully. That's from the horses mouth.

Jayden Weichard left Kilsyth for Hampton Park after re-signing as a playing assistant a month ago, wonder what has happened there

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Speaking of Kilsyth, heard yesterday that Justin Van Unen most recently Powelltown, will play there next year but Silvan think the same thing.

Kilsyth also confident of signing a Ferntree Gully champion.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayne Turner to Balwyn

Speaking of Kilsyth, heard yesterday that Justin Van Unen most recently Powelltown, will play there next year but Silvan think the same thing.

Kilsyth also confident of signing a Ferntree Gully champion.
"The Recruit"
Going on past playing history, probably at Silvan.

Donc East

Oakleigh Chargers

St Marys

Southport

Vermont

Rye

Mt Eliza

Essendon

Dingley

Wandin

Powelltown

Still some way to go to catch up with Damian Cupido (20)

"The Recruit"
Going on past playing history, probably at Silvan.

Donc East

Oakleigh Chargers

St Marys

Southport

Vermont

Rye

Mt Eliza

Essendon

Dingley

Wandin

Powelltown

Still some way to go to catch up with Damian Cupido (20)

Probably one of the few guys were you could say he was worth the $$$.
Although I didn’t rate his season at Powelltown this year and he’s getting on a bit for a guy who leveraged off his agility/speed off the mark.

Probably one of the few guys were you could say he was worth the $$$.
Although I didn’t rate his season at Powelltown this year and he’s getting on a bit for a guy who leveraged off his agility/speed off the mark.

He was well down this year.

Heard 3rd hand that were happy with someone who since was able to get a VFL role. Back to the drawing board.
Pinch of salt - only passing on what was I told & I know the obvious question being well appoint whoever was 2nd etc.
correct bob . i heard they had their guy but kept on putting in for vfl jobs and not comitting . in the end they lost patience . Happy with Brendan Allen. seems a good fit

correct bob . i heard they had their guy but kept on putting in for vfl jobs and not comitting . in the end they lost patience . Happy with Brendan Allen. seems a good fit
I think you will be better off with what you have picked up old mate. Hope you are doing well.

Not to defend Balwyn having played against them for several years in the southern league however the APS and AGS schools rip the guts out of the likes of them, surrey Canterbury etc - even the Doncaster sides. This is less of an impact on Vermont Blackburn etc

Also didn’t Big Mick coach Balwyn early in the EFL days? They have been a galactico club for a while now - from Harvey and his brothel/cocaine cash through to Rich Wilson and his Allbanx $$$

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.comi
Not to defend Balwyn having played against them for several years in the southern league however the APS and AGS schools rip the guts out of the likes of them, surrey Canterbury etc - even the Doncaster sides. This is less of an impact on Vermont Blackburn etc

Also didn’t Big Mick coach Balwyn early in the EFL days? They have been a galactico club for a while now - from Harvey and his brothel/cocaine cash through to Rich Wilson and his Allbanx $$$

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That harvey bloke you’re talking about joined Balwyn when the club had absolutely nothing no money no players no future. Graham harvey and Martin beatie put together a new playing list and kick started one of the greatest runs in park football history premierships in 97 98 99 2000. Graham harvey is not a drug dealer. He’s a Balwyn life member 4 time premiership coach he took a team from div 2 to div 1 and won a the flag playing against that great noble park side if it wasn’t for graham harvey and martin beatie the club would’ve gone under in 96 if it wasn’t for graham harvey and Richard Wilson Balwyn wouldn’t even be in the eastern league keep your jealous shit comments to your self

don't get on here much anymore Bob . still following the dogs. how's donny looking next year . hope they bounce back mate
I don’t get there much these days although still have mates heavily involved. It’s a struggle to get the junior side of things up & about, which hurts the senior club.
Tend to be more at the track or will drop into one of my locals sides in the Gully area. Have a preference towards Upper these days & enjoy the relaxed side of the local game.
Hope the dogs can start getting their back it seems to get tougher each year.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back