NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve certainly played in games (including finals) where if we got up the tactic was to play the side of the ground that dropped away into a hill over the fence.
Many an “errant” kick out of bounds on the full where it took a good 2-3 minutes to retrieve the pill.
Especially at Emerald before the net - you'd just kick it straight down the hill

Give us a spell. You can’t tell me Blackburn wouldn’t do the same if it wasn’t on the other foot
Yep i recon they certainly would.

In the NFNL the reserves play time on in the last half to negate this. Not sure if there is any taste for this in the EFNL, especially in junior finals but it would put a stop to this straight away.

One for you bunk…

Vermont 15a’s on the weekend. With Blackburn coming hard the ‘gamesmanship’ shown crossed the line into cheating for mine. Blokes lying down with ‘cramp’ to milk the clock, rolling the ball back to a Blackburn player (should’ve been 25, wasn’t paid) and then slowly kicking it out after the last point (which they actually got pinged for however the non-controlling umpire ruled the kick be from the 40 line not the top of the square as it should’ve been)

Terrible club terrible people and protected by the league. Hope they choke on a flag they did not deserve

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Gee you can read some crap on this site

In juniors saw a father of a player deliberately hold onto the ball after his kids team kicked a point, instructing them to set the zone up, held it until the umpire whistled him, nearly started a fight between parents after it happened more than once.

Father ended up getting a ban and the family moved to another league from the YJFL.

Crazy things happen in junior football.

Norwood reappoint their U19 coach among much talk of “building from within”… so certainly sounds like a new approach. Sounds like the benefactors have turned off the $ tap.
Will happen to doncaster east.... Will be a few told you so's from on here.

The president will have someone/thing to blame.

Anyone know the rule regarding how many games does a vfl player have to play for his local club during the season for him to be eligible to play finals. Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know the rule regarding how many games does a vfl player have to play for his local club during the season for him to be eligible to play finals. Thanks
Lowson?

Unsure if the umpires knew what they were doing…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We had one earlier this year where the umpire paid 50 for the man on the mark at a kick in moving sideways, they’re allowed to anyway and we didn’t even have the stand rule…

Congratulations to Max McCardle. Max stepped up from the U16's to play in the Reserves when 16 players decided to take a holiday OS.:airplane: (Still does my brain in).
After 3 terrific games in the 2's and being in the best in all 3 games, Max has been selected in the Seniors. Well done Max, go to it. Something good can always come out of adversity.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Max McCardle. Max stepped up from the U16's to play in the Reserves when 16 players decided to take a holiday OS.:airplane: (Still does my brain in).
After 3 terrific games in the 2's and being in the best in all 3 games, Max has been selected in the Seniors. Well done Max, go to it. Something good can always come out of adversity.
Luv hearing these stories if you’re good enough you’re old enough 😊

Andrew Williams new Berwick coach. Good appointment imo

A good appointment. Has been a fantastic coach at Monbulk FNC and did a terrific job. Berwick has done well to get him. Has a massive job ahead of him and they could still be relegated.
Has a massive job ahead of him and they could still be relegated.

Will not get relegated!

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back