NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Until they start and keep persisting then nothing will change. If they keep doing the same as now, then eventually the club will fold. The longer they leave it, the harder it will be. It won't be easy, that's for sure, but they must start acting.

You’re just lucky if you stumble across somebody that will drive it. It’s pretty much luck in the end. Starting a new junior club is a huge undertaking. Most clubs were started 50 - 100 years ago when you mowed an oval, found some posts, asked a league club to donate some jumpers, and called the league and entered a team.

These days it’s a huge project, not least having to deal with ****ing councils. Not just anybody can do it. If you get somebody then you’ve lucked out.

A bit off topic here but How's the effort of Josh Djordevic from Donvales under 15s. He won the comp bnf playing 13 games and polling 39/39. His 3rd in a row and I'm not sure but I think he won the award last year and polled 42/42 votes (yes I do know he's the interleague captain). I wonder if Vermont/Blackburn might try and sway him to come play there 😉

A bit off topic here but How's the effort of Josh Djordevic from Donvales under 15s. He won the comp bnf playing 13 games and polling 39/39. His 3rd in a row and I'm not sure but I think he won the award last year and polled 42/42 votes (yes I do know he's the interleague captain). I wonder if Vermont/Blackburn might try and sway him to come play there 😉
He won 29/42 U14C. How did Baxter Sruk go?

Good luck to those clubs if they try.
Jordy senior would give them a sharp reply & it won’t be pleasant.
Senior was a great footballer & even better bloke. Still is.

It will come down to what his NAB League club tells him to do.

Baxter won under 15A. I could've sworn he played for Rowville. Not really across juniors but is Lysterfield affiliated with rowville

Lysterfield and Rowville are separate clubs.

Perhaps he's a Rowville Sports Academy kid.

I'm not sure.

Baxter won under 15A. I could've sworn he played for Rowville. Not really across juniors but is Lysterfield affiliated with rowville
Lysterfield have a loose arrangement. Both Baxter's brothers play at Rowville. One is on Box Hill's list and the other is on Carlton's list (he also won Eastern Ranges B&F by a country mile last year). Baxter will be the best of them.

Last edited:
I know that Blackburn spend a lot of effort recruiting Junior players, but how can you have a large Primary on the other side of your fence and not be able to recruit. Old Orchard, Kerrimuir, Whitehorse, St Philips and Blackburn Primary schools all within 2km of Nunawading and they don't have an U8 or 9 or 10 team for boys or girls. You need to have some vision, start somewhere and persist.

Old orchard kids tend to go to either blacky or mitcham. Mitcham now have a shared tenancy at koonung for their kids - Nuna run their canteen so some extra cash for them and clearly old mate gmac has greased a few palms there for his beloved . The other schools you mention think tend to play for st frannies (Whitehorse) colts in yarra jfl. Blacky primary is burners country - just over the bridge and you’re in god’s country at Morton.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Old orchard kids tend to go to either blacky or mitcham. Mitcham now have a shared tenancy at koonung for their kids - Nuna run their canteen so some extra cash for them and clearly old mate gmac has greased a few palms there for his beloved . The other schools you mention think tend to play for st frannies (Whitehorse) colts in yarra jfl. Blacky primary is burners country - just over the bridge and you’re in god’s country at Morton.

Then they are cooked and will never improve and will slowly go down the gurgler just like Ardmona. The only reason Mitcham would have got tenancy at the ground is because Nuna didn't have any juniors.

Then they are cooked and will never improve and will slowly go down the gurgler just like Ardmona. The only reason Mitcham would have got tenancy at the ground is because Nuna didn't have any juniors.
Mitcham only 1 ground junior boy sides in all grades,junior girls in 16.14,12 and 10 perhaps in our struggle to find a 2nd ground we should look at East Burwood.2 grounds but only 3 junior boys sides this season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the really good guys. Was past his best and running amok in the twos when I was coming up through the ranks. Definitely had white line fever, but would be the first to shake your hand and have a beer with you after the game.

Mitcham only 1 ground junior boy sides in all grades,junior girls in 16.14,12 and 10 perhaps in our struggle to find a 2nd ground we should look at East Burwood.2 grounds but only 3 junior boys sides this season.

Bit strange around there. Mitcham is based in Nunawading.

Nunawading is based in Blackburn North

Heathmont Jnrs are based in Mitcham

I think Nunawading should move to Walker Park, Mitcham should move to Heatherdale Reserve and Heathmont back to HE Parker 👍

I know most don’t usually talk about the reserves in here. Noticed on the div 1 reserves ladder that park orchards snuck into 5th over 6th placed North Ringwood by 0.08 percent. Does anybody know any teams unluckier than that missing out on finals?

Looking thru the results, probably a tough day in particularly for Waverley Blues. Vets lose the GF and the seniors choke in a final yet again after having a big lead.

Their vets are handy but nth Ringwood are next level. They’d probably beat 4th Div sides!

Josh walker is an average individual. Also needs better plugs. Good to kick balwyn’s highly paid arses but sadly results didn’t fall our way…

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back