NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wouldn’t know tbh. I don’t watch enough these days and it’s very hard to compare across leagues if the clubs don’t play each other.

One thing I would say is imo no country footy is on the level of metro footy these days. There just isn’t the population to draw from. They can buy all the FIFO imports they like but it doesn’t match the depth and recruiting pool that metro clubs have. People still talk about how strong O&M etc is and while it’s good footy, it’s not what it was. The top metro leagues are better.

From afar it looks like there is the usual strong suspects like Frankston YCW, Dingley, Cheltenham, Heidelberg and Keilor who are getting it done (or close) every year. Interestingly the EFL seems to not have that standout club or two at the moment, which is great. It’s a lot more even with different premiers over the past five years. Where they rank against those other clubs, I don’t know.
Watched the O&M Grand Final yesterday, Those 2 teams would easily hold more than their own against Balwyn & ER.

Easterns depth in the lower divisions is of higher standard than bottom divisions from other leagues, But not quite sure the top tier teams of EFNL are that much better than the top sides from O&M, VAFA ect... We tend to overrate our own.

Watched the O&M Grand Final yesterday, Those 2 teams would easily hold more than their own against Balwyn & ER.

Easterns depth in the lower divisions is of higher standard than bottom divisions from other leagues, But not quite sure the top tier teams of EFNL are that much better than the top sides from O&M, VAFA ect... We tend to overrate our own.

Yeah I feel like Eastern is much more even both across Premier and down thru the divisions.

There are some very strong sides in D1, D2 and even D3 by the looks.

Agree EFNL need to look past Boronia and Bayswater. Both very run down and the surface is an embarrassment.

I was against Ringwood previously but i think they have a lot going for them now, the surface is immaculate but they have very little to no cover and people aren't allowed on the balcony during finals.
Premier cricket is played at Ringwood. This will make it hard to host finals deep into September. Bayswater cricket club will do it tough through October now

Not big on writing off grounds because of their size but Ringwood is just ridiculous and should never host finals. Far far far too big for a decent game of footy.

I used to have this opinion but after watching all of div 3 finals there this year Ive changed. The two Surrey V Donvale games were probably the two best finals from all divisions this year. The Premier games there were also good.

Not big on writing off grounds because of their size but Ringwood is just ridiculous and should never host finals. Far far far too big for a decent game of footy.
Jubilee was a first rate venue. Great ground and facilities. Not sure what you mean by “too big”? I like a genuine 50m arc

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back