NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fairly sure Kev Collins is coaching Donvale again. If he doesn't go again I'd say they would promote from Within. Jason Wade would probably get the gig if he went for it or i wouldn't be surprised if their 2s coach Michelangelli got it. He's been at Donvale since under 10s and retired after 4 ACLs. Young. And knows that list inside out. Would also be getting great support from Wade, McCormack and Goldsmith
Has announced to the group he is finished, Michelangelli coaching the twos again.
Don't think Wade will get the job, hearing weeks or McCormack for it

Has announced to the group he is finished, Michelangelli coaching the twos again.
Don't think Wade will get the job, hearing weeks or McCormack for it

Why all the secrecy from the club not announcing or advertising? Or is it more a case of they already have a replacement? Or was McCormack always getting the job if he was coming back from SANFL?

Why all the secrecy from the club not announcing or advertising? Or is it more a case of they already have a replacement? Or was McCormack always getting the job if he was coming back from SANFL?
They'll be in good hands with either McCormack or Weeks.
The McCormack coming back from the SANFL is Billy McCormack. His brother Jake and best Mates Duncan and Zalac all still playing. Would be huge get if he plays at Donvale. Watched a game in the Sanfl finals last season (2023)and he was running rings around Scott Lycett

They'll be in good hands with either McCormack or Weeks.
The McCormack coming back from the SANFL is Billy McCormack. His brother Jake and best Mates Duncan and Zalac all still playing. Would be huge get if he plays at Donvale. Watched a game in the Sanfl finals last season (2023)and he was running rings around Scott Lycett

Not downgrading it in anyway but lycett was completely cooked physically when he retired, could hardly move. Anyway but the vales look poised to go all the way again now surrey are out of the picture. Just gotta keep everyone

Not downgrading it in anyway but lycett was completely cooked physically when he retired, could hardly move. Anyway but the vales look poised to go all the way again now surrey are out of the picture. Just gotta keep everyone
still an afl listed ruckman is still fairly good no matter how banged up they are.
Young McCormack coming back from acl - chance to come back to play with his brother but could also go to higher divisions if he still wants to play vfl.
Hearing all the older players signing back on, mill, murphy, pell, haig..... waiting to hear about Otten

I suspect it’s just part of promoting their U19s to other potential players.

The main issue is clubs just on the merry go round of taking each other’s players, especially at U19 level… time for the EFNL to get a a bit strategic and start thinking about the future, rather than just let’s add half a dozen new clubs from wherever.

Montrose advertising for U17.5 players to start training this Monday, gotta be a new record.
that makes sense. It is October 21. Why wouldn't you start training 6 weeks before full time professional players.......

Almost mid halfway through October and 4 or 5 clubs still without senior coaches but plenty more without reserves or womens coaches too.

Bayswater - You'd have to presume they just haven't had a quality applicant this far along. I know their applications technically only closed a couple of weeks ago but they announced this on August 12th on their socials which means they knew probably in July. They then pushed their closing date out to the 23rd September, 6 weeks after they first advertised. I don't know Hardy personally, and maybe he wasn't 100% the right man for them, but he wanted to continue as their coach. This is shaping up as one of the worst calls in recent times.

East Burwood - 2025 will be their 4th coach in 4 years, no wonder Mariani has walked to Templestowe. Imagine as a player having to build that player/coach relationship 4 years in a row. From a coaches perspective, who'd want to coach there? They definitely approached some well credentialed coaches late July early August so they are well into the process but nothing yet. They are damaged goods.

Waverley - Late announcement by them, but even so its been a month already. Seems to be a coach decision to stand down rather than a club decision. It was always going to be hard in Div 3 this year with Boronia but they were really competitive and you would think are an attractive prospect.

South Belgrave - Finally come clean this week after some speculation floating around the Black was gone for a couple of weeks. They are cashed up and full of talent. Again seems like an attractive prospect for a quality coach. Its not really clear what happened with Black yet but they have a strong history of being a stable club for coaches.

Donvale - Still don't know if this is true. If it is true then its a great opportunity but will also come with some pressure. They are clear favourites to win the flag in 2025. If it is true i wonder if Jason Wade could be the man to step in and take over a team he knows well?

I think the problem for some clubs right now is there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of quality applicants around. A bigger problem for some clubs is the new vacancies that have entered the market are really strong clubs.

If you were an available coach you'd surely pick South Belgrave, Waverley & Donvale ahead of Bayswater or East Burwood.
I heard that one of the coaches both EB and Waverley spoke with last year has resurfaced and has been spoken to again this year but nothing has happen further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds more like the SFNL said no and then the EFNL backed them up.

Maybe they could swap Ashwood for Oakleigh Districts. 😂
What reason could you think for the EFNL to say no? That 4th Division needs to get up to 10 teams like the rest at some stage!

Any clubs coming into the league? Heard something about Ashwood from the SFNL?

The Special General Meeting is next Thursday for clubs to vote on admitting Bulleen Templestowe and Casey Thunder Women’s Club. They will be the only clubs coming in to the EFNL in 2025 unless something crazy happens, but that will require another SGM to have them voted in by the clubs so very unlikely.

What reason could you think for the EFNL to say no? That 4th Division needs to get up to 10 teams like the rest at some stage!

The SFNL wants them to stay (sick of losing clubs, Ashwood are a foundation Southern club).

I don’t think it’s all one way traffic any more with the EFNL doing what it likes.

Narre, Cranbourne, Doveton x2, Berwick Springs, Hampton Park, Narre South and Hallam are in the SFNL. Pakenham might be heading there. Which makes it very attractive for Berwick and Beaconsfield, who are miiiiiiles outside EFNL territory which is hurting them with regards to local players.

So for the sake of gaining Ashwood, do the EFNL really want to piss off the SFNL to the point where they get on the phone to Berwick and Beaconsfield? They have 38 clubs now, would be a lovely fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back