NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of Boronia’s U19s seem to be former Basin players. The Basin now advertising for U19s.

Oakleigh District announce an U19 coach - he’s the Noble Park U17 coach. No prizes for where the players will be coming from.

Should be good when Ashwood come in and announce they have Under 19s - they’ll probably all be Waverley Blues players.

EFNL needs to wake up, this isn’t sustainable.

Most of Boronia’s U19s seem to be former Basin players. The Basin now advertising for U19s.

Oakleigh District announce an U19 coach - he’s the Noble Park U17 coach. No prizes for where the players will be coming from.

Should be good when Ashwood come in and announce they have Under 19s - they’ll probably all be Waverley Blues players.

The Basin are not too happy about it either. Boronia paying all new u19 player’s registration fees. Considering most are from other clubs that’s a lot of coin to pay out.

Certainly hasn't gone down well at The Basin. Losing a heap from their 17A's this year to Boronia and the fear is that it is starting to snowball.

Bad timing for the 2 clubs to be in opposite situations, one going up to div 1 and the other going down to div 3 especially when half of the parents who have boys playing 17A's still think their sons are going to play AFL.

To be fair to Boronia they are not the only club that offers free registration. Maybe the league should look into it. The wealthy clubs that can afford to to do it will just get stronger and the others that can’t will get left behind.

Always amuses me too when the adverts go up in the league social accounts.

Great from the league, advertise to help poaching of other clubs kids.

The Basin are not too happy about it either. Boronia paying all new u19 player’s registration fees. Considering most are from other clubs that’s a lot of coin to pay out.

Smart by Boronia, not sure where they are getting the money from with their new rooms coming. Oh wait, they somehow got $5million from the labor government, and$1.2 million from the council... and some other clubs rooms are far older and need of fixing up. A saying as old as man, it's not about what you know, it's who you know.

Smart by Boronia, not sure where they are getting the money from with their new rooms coming. Oh wait, they somehow got $5million from the labor government, and$1.2 million from the council... and some other clubs rooms are far older and need of fixing up. A saying as old as man, it's not about what you know, it's who you know.

Correct. No coincidence a town of 21 got new rooms with the support of a local councillor

I received this the other day, if you live in Monash and haven't voted yet you should have a read before voting.

On Saturday, 26 October 2024, the once-every-four-year Local Government General Elections will be held.

In the City of Monash, there has never been such a large possibility of diverse representative change.

Hello. My name is Steve Laffan, and as the 2024 Council General Election approaches, I reach-out to you now, to provide some aspects for your consideration. I am also an honorary volunteer, and Life Member of the Oakleigh District Club, and I know how challenging it is nowadays, to try and adequately manage a community-based sporting Club.

For your peace-of-mind, I have no political alliances, have no personal benefits being sought, or any favours being repaid by me to anyone, or any personal Agenda for me, or any others, to meet. This contact to your Club, is solely, just by me.

Should you no longer be involved with a Monash community-based sporting Club, then please forward my communiqué, to a current Office-bearer at your Club. Thank you !​

Electoral Re-Structure Update.

The electoral structure (Wards) of the Monash City Council have changed. With this unique election, Monash will now have 11 wards with a single Councillor representing each Ward.

There is a record 42 candidates standing.

Support for Local Sporting Clubs.

There has never been such a diverse range of visions, in a City of Monash election. Most candidates of other interest groups, have declined to state their position on tangible support for LOCAL community-based sport, or openly stated, understandably, that they will endeavour to give priority, to their particular interests.

Should you wish to examine all 42 Candidate statements, and expand them, go to:-

https://www.vec.vic.gov.au/voting/2024-local-council-elections/monash-city-council/nominations

Therefore the outcome of the election, is an unknown situation. It exists, that the possibility that different Councillor’s will likely have different priorities, which COULD result in less focus and attention for LOCAL community-based sports Clubs. This could lead to detrimental outcomes ( eg: the redistribution of Revenue, that has historically been allocated to LOCAL community-based sport.) This could be telling, and could result in :-

· A reduction in Council spending for local sporting amenities, facilities, and services.

· A reduction in the availabilities of use of Council amenities, facilities, and services for local Sporting Clubs.

· The establishment of a ‘low priority’ attitude toward one of the critical facets of our local Monash community….our local Sporting Clubs.

· The degradation of a collaborative environment.

Effect of Representation.

The contention that decision-making in local Government is the sole responsibility of the employed Council Officers, with Councillors having little or no effect on decision-making, is false. The elected representatives have, and do, conscientiously voice the wishes of the people to the employed Council Officers…and specifically in this situation, local Sporting Clubs need reps, to pushback hard, during the next 4 years, on this significant and detrimental threat, of less representative support.

It would be tragic to have the historical level of support for our local Sporting Clubs, diminish, and a strong historical part of the Monash’s local-community fabric, eroded.​

Supportive Representation.

As honorary volunteers, we all know of the well documented and substantial social benefits, ( physical, mental, spiritual, constructiveness, relationship building, cause collaboration, people skilling, etc, etc ) that LOCAL sport has delivered to hundreds of thousands of local people, for more than a century. Over the next 4 years, to help our honorary volunteers, and the capabilities for Monash Council, it is more critical than ever, that local sporting groups have supportive representation.

This election is more than a once-in-4-years opportunity. If we lose supportive representation through the next 4 years, it is likely to be an very onerous task to re-build it.​

The 2024 Candidates.
Through my personal enquiries, it has now become apparent which of the Candidates are supportive of LOCAL Monash sporting groups. To help your Local sporting Club to survive and grow, PLEASE support the following 2024 Candidates……

1729314865910.png

Spread the Word.

Should you feel that this is a meaningful action, and it should be expanded to Monash Ratepayers, then please feel free to broadcast this info, to those in your network. There can never be enough support for Local sporting Clubs !

If you have received this advice in error, I do apologize. Should you no longer be involved with a Monash community-based sporting Club, then please forward my communiqué, to a current Office-bearer at the Club you were involved with. Thank you !

Finally, Thanks for your considerations.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back