NRL NRL 2024 - Finals Week 2

Week 1 Winners

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 20th September
(4) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs (5) North Queensland Cowboys (Allianz Stadium - 19:50)

Saturday 21st September
(3) Sydney Roosters vs (7) Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (Allianz Stadium - 19:50)

Week off
(2) Penrith Panthers
(1) Melbourne Storm

Roosters and Cowboys, that Sharks-Cowboys could be the worst finals match ever. Sharks with Hynes choking in a final against the Cowboys who always try their best to lose somehow like last week. Roosters should be way too classy for a Manly side that was very lucky to win against a Dogs side missing players

Roosters and Cowboys, that Sharks-Cowboys could be the worst finals match ever. Sharks with Hynes choking in a final against the Cowboys who always try their best to lose somehow like last week. Roosters should be way too classy for a Manly side that was very lucky to win against a Dogs side missing players
I don't disagree Roosters should win, but some credit to a Manly side toughing out a win, with their best player carrying an injury.

I don't disagree Roosters should win, but some credit to a Manly side toughing out a win, with their best player carrying an injury.

Sure but the Dogs had a bucket of their top liners missing, JAC one and Kurt Mann is their Yeo. Both were missing. Roosters should comfortably beat Manly all things being equal and that is even minus Walker. They won't be winning a prelim anyway so it's a who cares result.

Sure but the Dogs had a bucket of their top liners missing, JAC one and Kurt Mann is their Yeo. Both were missing. Roosters should comfortably beat Manly all things being equal and that is even minus Walker. They won't be winning a prelim anyway so it's a who cares result.
Don't forget they're also missing Smith.

Kurt Mann might play lock but he's certainly not anywhere near being a Yeo, even in that Dogs team.

Don't forget they're also missing Smith.

Kurt Mann might play lock but he's certainly not anywhere near being a Yeo, even in that Dogs team.

Smith is easily replaceable by Connor Watson, Walker is the big one. Mann was huge for the Dogs, point where the Dogs trash form at the backend of the year started- when he got injured especially when Salmon is your replacement. Manly didn't beat much and they needed some 70m try to do it. Honestly be amazed if it were even close, think the other game as ugly as it will be will be the closer one. Hynes choking in another semi will be hilarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purely because it feels like the Cowboys could trouble the Panthers if they get it all going id rather see them win (although Riff probably walks through either).

Manly v Storm feels like a more entertaining game for no really good reason, plus i dont want JWH to KO 7 blokes when theyre 40 down and have a half strength Storm for the final.

Purely because it feels like the Cowboys could trouble the Panthers if they get it all going id rather see them win (although Riff probably walks through either).

Manly v Storm feels like a more entertaining game for no really good reason, plus i dont want JWH to KO 7 blokes when theyre 40 down and have a half strength Storm for the final.

Hey for neutrals can I take JWH going full kamikazee on the opposition in a prelim or GQ Qualifier (whatever you wish to call it). Least it will make the most obvious GF ever less bad to eventuate.

Smith is easily replaceable by Connor Watson, Walker is the big one. Mann was huge for the Dogs, point where the Dogs trash form at the backend of the year started- when he got injured especially when Salmon is your replacement. Manly didn't beat much and they needed some 70m try to do it. Honestly be amazed if it were even close, think the other game as ugly as it will be will be the closer one. Hynes choking in another semi will be hilarious.
Easily replaced but then leaves them a dynamic utility short on the bench.

If Mann is the reason they got belted by the Cowboys at home, they've got far bigger issues than Mann not being fit.

I've seen nothing from the Roosters since the injuries to make me think they'll win this. Had Newy made it through, I'd have much preferred the Roosters than the Sharks.

Good to know that when referees **** up as QLDs no1 referee did last week in Panthers v Roosters, you still get the big games the next week when your **** ups are always in line with what the NRL want.

Even Annesley couldn’t defend 🤡 with a straight face last week with his forward pass call, but here he is ready to keep the last remaining QLD team in the finals.

Although next week would be tough for him, Panthers v Cowboys he might blow 50 penalties.

Easily replaced but then leaves them a dynamic utility short on the bench.

If Mann is the reason they got belted by the Cowboys at home, they've got far bigger issues than Mann not being fit.

I've seen nothing from the Roosters since the injuries to make me think they'll win this. Had Newy made it through, I'd have much preferred the Roosters than the Sharks.

Better being a utility short, Roosters have a significantly better coach too. Mann makes 50 tackles a games, these are the players you don't realise are important and every player has them, back in the day David Staggs (ex Brisbane player) was very similar you notice how much they do when they are out. These top 3 sides have been way ahead of the rest all season, everyone looks for reasons why the top 3 won't be in a prelim, they usually are. Sharks are flat track bullies, only reason I'll give the Cowboys some hope, key word being some.

You want the best possible granny though.

That final doesn't interest me a lot I have to say, and Klien the clown will be out to stuff both sides good times

Honestly its almost certainly a Storm v Panthers final and putting aside whatever hatred you have of two very successful clubs, that is the best possible final.

Id rather both those teams are full strength and we get a belter of a game than have 2 or 3 of the Storms (or Panthers) playmakers missing.

Honestly its almost certainly a Storm v Panthers final and putting aside whatever hatred you have of two very successful clubs, that is the best possible final.

Id rather both those teams are full strength and we get a belter of a game than have 2 or 3 of the Storms (or Panthers) playmakers missing.

It will be a good game but I do like watching a game where I sort of go for one side, regardless of sport I do like it that way, I'd struggle to go for either of them, I guess Melbourne winning would be least bad does that count?

It will be a good game but I do like watching a game where I sort of go for one side, regardless of sport I do like it that way, I'd struggle to go for either of them, I guess Melbourne winning would be least bad does that count?
Really besides the point im making.

Youre gonna watch it regardless of who is in it, surely youd want both sides full strength for the best possible spectacle.

Really besides the point im making.

Youre gonna watch it regardless of who is in it, surely youd want both sides full strength for the best possible spectacle.

Depends, I've missed GF's before to be honest. Then again all 3 of the realistic options (top 3) can't stand all 3 sides really. Hopefully this is the last year of Penrith being up there for a while, used to like them. Look sure sides at full strength is great, but if JWH goes kamikazze it's fun to watch at least, him and Victor I love watching, Melbourne do have Nelso who is just as bad.

Better being a utility short, Roosters have a significantly better coach too. Mann makes 50 tackles a games, these are the players you don't realise are important and every player has them, back in the day David Staggs (ex Brisbane player) was very similar you notice how much they do when they are out. These top 3 sides have been way ahead of the rest all season, everyone looks for reasons why the top 3 won't be in a prelim, they usually are. Sharks are flat track bullies, only reason I'll give the Cowboys some hope, key word being some.
It could be that they're not as important because that's flat out wrong.

His highest tackle count for the year was 35, which he hit 3 times in the opening 10 rounds. After round 10, he only got above 30 tackles in a game on 2-3 occasions.

Averages low to mid 20's for tackles this season since round 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Finals Week 2

Back