NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

It also becomes a huge issue for the clubs as the EBA has the no contact clause.

If you play finals, plus a full campaign of internationals then add in the (i think 10 week) no contact. These guys arent due to come back to training until mid-late Feb. Round 1 is March 1st.
Yep, which is why Newcastle were so giddy to put out a statement saying Kalyn wasn't going to play.

It's just a shitshow at the moment.

Cleary's a terrific player, but you guys are talking as if he's head and shoulders above every other half in the comp. Is that really so? And as for internationals, we might as well forget all about them, as no-one in Australia cares a damn.

Cleary's a terrific player, but you guys are talking as if he's head and shoulders above every other half in the comp. Is that really so? And as for internationals, we might as well forget all about them, as no-one in Australia cares a damn.
I think so. Reputationally his CV at 26 is pretty close to the best of any other half all time and watching his influence on games no other player comes close.

Well and truly.

If you were starting a team from scratch, Cleary would be first picked.

I am pretty happy with Hughesy as my Half Back
I don't disagree. Every other club would be.

No other half has led his team to 3 premierships in a row, 5 grand finals in a row. What he did in last year's grand final is unmatched by anyone in the current league.

I'm a huge Joey fan but Cleary could well be ahead of him by the time he retires.

He is very clearly the best player in the comp. It’s not just the stats it’s the moments. Even if we ignore the GF last year just Look at last week. Sharks had all the momentum and had the field position. Cleary kicks early gets the 40/20 and follows it up by putting Alamoti over the line.

The countless clutch conversions and field goals. 2 Clive Churchills and was one of the best still in the other GF win.

Out injured and playing with a bum shoulder this year, comes back for the first final and clearly man of the match, followed it up by being clearly man of the match last week as well.

Lots of great players on the game but Cleary is well and truly ahead of them all at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back