NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Then explain the last bunker overrule where they claimed Coates touches the ball yet there is no clear evidence.

That was more inconclusive than the disallowed try.

Was ruled dead in goal originally pretty sure that was the original call. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway they weren’t scoring 2 in 8 mins with their silly plan tonight of 5 tackles bomb it.

We aren’t going to use gravity and what not to overturn. Conclusive evidence is needed not it might have done this or that. Yes it might have been a try it also might not have. Should have come back as inconclusive that’s the small error
It is conclusive. How can you watch that video and decide it's not clear the balls hit the ground. The ball goes towards the ground then bounces up a bit. What scenarios other than the ball hitting the ground or a hand going under the ball can cause that? We also can clearly see no hand under the ball

Penrith fan explaining the basics of the game to their visiting mate from overseas as they watch tonight's GF...

Penrith Fan: "So, the main way to score is if a player legally grounds or puts the ball down in the opposition's in goal area. Basically meaning that the player with the ball has to touch the ball down on to the ground."

Howarth scores a try.

PSX_20241006_214022.jpg

Visitor from overseas: "Oh, just like that guy did there? I think I get it now."

Penrith Fan speechlessly fumes.

The Bunker makes the no try ruling.

Penrith Fan cheers madly.

Visitor from overseas: "what's happening? The ball touched the ground."

Penrith Fan: "yeah, nah. The ball didn't touch the ground."

Visitor from overseas: "I don't get this sport. I think I'll go and check on what the others are doing outside."

Unfortunately with the rules (and I hate them) is it needs to be 100% certain to overturn. Fans complain regardless. They want black and white rules we have this. They can’t win unfortunately
That’s fine, I’ve made the point that if the bunker said inconclusive onfield decision stands I’d say “don’t agree but thems the rules”.

The argument here is that there is a hand CLEARLY under the ball, that’s complete bullshit, there’s no hand and if one bloke in a sea of hundreds sees it then it’s certainly not clear either

It is conclusive. How can you watch that video and decide it's not clear the balls hit the ground. The ball goes towards the ground then bounces up a bit. What scenarios other than the ball hitting the ground or a hand going under the ball can cause that? We also can clearly see no hand under the ball

At no point do you see the actual ball hit the ground and we aren’t using physics to confirm tries.

Let’s be real this wasn’t where Melbourne lost it- how about an ounce of attacking flair? Why did it take to the 79th minute (melb last set) to throw the ball around.

Unfortunately with the rules (and I hate them) is it needs to be 100% certain to overturn. Fans complain regardless. They want black and white rules we have this. They can’t win unfortunately
You can see the ball move the grass as it impacts the ground. If that isn't 100% certainty what is?

For the entertainment value, yes please but I suspect he doesn't want to be seen as a sore loser.
That’s not being a sore loser. It’s calling out the integrity and professionalism of the bunker.

He does need to say they lost because of it, but he can definitely call into question a very suspect decision.

Who’s arm?

The only possible hand under the ball at that point was Howarths anyway in which case the bunker should orobablt explain it cause that’s also not held up.

Now you're just making it up. The pic is re-posted above - given where his hand is and the directions his wrist is pointing, his arm is probably under the ball.

I know Storm fans don't tend to bother learning the rules of rugby league, you just go and wave your pom poms - but you're arguing with biomechanics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s fine, I’ve made the point that if the bunker said inconclusive onfield decision stands I’d say “don’t agree but thems the rules”.

The argument here is that there is a hand CLEARLY under the ball, that’s complete bullshit, there’s no hand and if one bloke in a sea of hundreds sees it then it’s certainly not clear either

That’s where I have a small issue it should have come back as inconclusive

Let’s hope Bellamy goes full tilt and calls out the farce for what it is.

He needs to go on a Geoff Toovey style rant where he was complaining about a try that was called held up when it was grounded.

At no point do you see the actual ball hit the ground and we aren’t using physics to confirm tries.

Let’s be real this wasn’t where Melbourne lost it- how about an ounce of attacking flair? Why did it take to the 79th minute (melb last set) to throw the ball around.
So no try will ever be called in the game again if a ball bouncing off the turf is not conclusive.

Are you blind?

Explain how a ball bounces if it doesn’t hit the ground? A ball can only bounce if it strikes an object…… like the ground!

And it doesn’t show it hit the ground. Might have hit the ground. Not enough to overturn despite John’s thinking otherwise
I've already conceded Penrith were the better team and deserved to win but I have no idea if you are trolling or just have terrible eyesight with the inconclusive call. Clearly on the ground from the first bunker replay and in the videos and pictures posted here, including inside the red square of the photo in the post right above the one I've quoted. Clearly on the ground with no hand in between.

Was ruled dead in goal originally pretty sure that was the original call. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway they weren’t scoring 2 in 8 mins with their silly plan tonight of 5 tackles bomb it.
Thought it was ruled touched by Melbourne and hence a 20m restart.

I actually couldn’t follow what happened there cause it looked like Edward’s took it out (which should be a line drop out).

Only issue with that call was as a comparator. If it has to be conclusive then it absolutely was not conclusive coates touched it. Again it should have been inconclusive onfield stands.

I only vaguely know my League; I moved up North a few years ago now but will always identify as a Victorian.

I somewhat support the Storm, but massive credit to Penrith, 4 on the trot is in the record books and it is a mighty achievement. Tonight's win didn't quite have the drama of last year's comeback over the Broncos, but to think this team has lost players of the calibre of Kikau and Crichton and yet they keep on presenting - really impressive.

Penrith looked really menacing early and barely wavered in their intensity all night.

Melbourne didn't get much of a run of things, but I'm not quite invested enough to be particularly churlish about it. They weren't quite good enough.

Melbourne definitely missed Asofa-Solomona; he gives the Storm an entirely different look for a couple of stages each match. They did not have that luxury tonight and subsequently looked a little one dimensional.

Harry Grant's try was typical of him; kept low and burrowed over the line.

But it was the Panthers night.

Jerome Luai becomes a Tiger after tonight's win, and he will be a huge loss. But after 4 flags, I'm sure Penrith can be magnanimous about things.

Now you're just making it up. The pic is re-posted above - given where his hand is and the directions his wrist is pointing, his arm is probably under the ball.

I know Storm fans don't tend to bother learning the rules of rugby league, you just go and wave your pom poms - but you're arguing with biomechanics.
Not a storm fan moron.

Who’s arm was it again? Can’t answer he question cause there is no arm there.

His arm disappears does it? :rolleyes:
Does the grass disappear?

Off to OPSM for you knackers.

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back