NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

You can see the ball move the grass as it impacts the ground. If that isn't 100% certainty what is?

The actual white thing hitting the ground. It’s pretty simple. Unless there’s an angle where the ball hits the ground and none of these stills are.

The mistake for me isn’t the decision it is not coming back as inconclusive. If that was the decision most would accept it. So I will like to see whether the bunker has an angle showing a certain held up

54 missed tackles from Melbourne to go with Penrith making 11 metres more on average per set tells its own story.
Possesion too.

Ultimately if you’re gonna play Penrith you absolutely cannot **** up any sets you get to within 30m out cause you get so few with clearys boot.

Storm didn’t execute, their goal line defence was good but their midfield defence got absolutely eaten by Edwards and Martin in particular with metres after contact.

It was a try but Storm got absolutely pulverized. Still would have lost 14-10 and the like. A absolute mile off it today. Hughes was awful. It was clear from 10 minutes in he wasnt going to be the guy. Play should have went through Munster really. When it did he was atleast trying to make something happen

I dont see Penrith missing a step next year either. Big chance at 5 in a row

I only vaguely know my League; I moved up North a few years ago now but will always identify as a Victorian.

I somewhat support the Storm, but massive credit to Penrith, 4 on the trot is in the record books and it is a mighty achievement. Tonight's win didn't quite have the drama of last year's comeback over the Broncos, but to think this team has lost players of the calibre of Kikau and Crichton and yet they keep on presenting - really impressive.

Penrith looked really menacing early and barely wavered in their intensity all night.

Melbourne didn't get much of a run of things, but I'm not quite invested enough to be particularly churlish about it. They weren't quite good enough.

Melbourne definitely missed Asofa-Solomona; he gives the Storm an entirely different look for a couple of stages each match. They did not have that luxury tonight and subsequently looked a little one dimensional.

Harry Grant's try was typical of him; kept low and burrowed over the line.

But it was the Panthers night.

Jerome Luai becomes a Tiger after tonight's win, and he will be a huge loss. But after 4 flags, I'm sure Penrith can be magnanimous about things.
Last year's GF win was one of the absolute best comebacks by any team ever.

I've already conceded Penrith were the better team and deserved to win but I have no idea if you are trolling or just have terrible eyesight with the inconclusive call. Clearly on the ground from the first bunker replay and in the videos and pictures posted here, including inside the red square of the photo in the post right above the one I've quoted. Clearly on the ground with no hand in between.

No angle has shown it DEFINITELY hitting the ground. Without using physics and the “it must have hit the ground” there isn’t one. Should have come back as refs call though. It’s the same decision from the games point though

Possesion too.

Ultimately if you’re gonna play Penrith you absolutely cannot **** up any sets you get to within 30m out cause you get so few with clearys boot.

Storm didn’t execute, their goal line defence was good but their midfield defence got absolutely eaten by Edwards and Martin in particular with metres after contact.
Howarth made some critical blunders that allowed Penrith points.

Going past the ball carrier and letting Martin take the high ball off his chest.

Two tries and that’s the ball game.

The actual white thing hitting the ground. It’s pretty simple. Unless there’s an angle where the ball hits the ground and none of these stills are.

The mistake for me isn’t the decision it is not coming back as inconclusive. If that was the decision most would accept it. So I will like to see whether the bunker has an angle showing a certain held up
The bunkers review was truly weird.

He saw the angle we saw (I know they have other angles but the predominant one is what we see) which seemed to show the ball touching grass (as all the commentators noted) then sort of looked at it again, then called “held up”.

If he had another angle he probably should have said what he actually saw.

In the televised era to just go “held up” when one angle absolutely does not look held up is really really poor.

Howarth made some critical blunders that allowed Penrith points.

Going past the ball carrier and letting Martin take the high ball off his chest.

Two tries and that’s the ball game.
Think he had two drops as well.

He’s a cracking young kid though.

It was a try but Storm got absolutely pulverized. Still would have lost 14-10 and the like. A absolute mile off it today. Hughes was awful. It was clear from 10 minutes in he wasnt going to be the guy. Play should have went through Munster really. When it did he was atleast trying to make something happen

I dont see Penrith missing a step next year either. Big chance at 5 in a row

JFH is a massive loss to be fair but they have that kid who played some games this year to come in for Luai. Issue will be if Cleary cops his yearly 4-6 week injury. The depth isn’t there Luai was outstanding at 7 this year when Cleary was out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JFH is a massive loss to be fair but they have that kid who played some games this year to come in for Luai. Issue will be if Cleary cops his yearly 4-6 week injury. The depth isn’t there Luai was outstanding at 7 this year when Cleary was out
Forgot Fisher Harris was going. That is big.

The bunkers review was truly weird.

He saw the angle we saw (I know they have other angles but the predominant one is what we see) which seemed to show the ball touching grass (as all the commentators noted) then sort of looked at it again, then called “held up”.

If he had another angle he probably should have said what he actually saw.

In the televised era to just go “held up” when one angle absolutely does not look held up is really really poor.

100% fully expect that to come out in the wash up that it should have come back as refs call/inconclusive. If it did fans would be annoyed but if you followed the game year long you’d say well that’s fine.

Yeh ****ing bell Reynolds cooked that game. One good kick in the last 20 and Penrith gets back to back and nothing else.

I really like Reynolds as a player, cooked as he is physically.

tbh I can't really remember him f*cking up in that game.

I just remember Mam dominating, and then Cleary and a couple of other Panthers standing up and denying a team that had one hand on the trophy.

No angle has shown it DEFINITELY hitting the ground. Without using physics and the “it must have hit the ground” there isn’t one. Should have come back as refs call though. It’s the same decision from the games point though
Zoom in on the picture in post #580. The end of the ball is CLEARLY on the ground. You can even see the blades of grass on the sides of the bottom of the ball. It's unequivocal.

I really like Reynolds as a player, cooked as he is physically.

tbh I can't really remember him f*cking up in that game.

I just remember Mam dominating, and then Cleary and a couple of other Panthers standing up and denying a team that had one hand on the trophy.
He had two dropouts that he completely ****ed and one kick that he ****ed too.

If any of them were just decent Penrith runs out of time.

He was absolutely deplorable in his role as the kicker and as the older head leader.

Yeh ****ing bell Reynolds cooked that game. One good kick in the last 20 and Penrith gets back to back and nothing else.

The mistake was when Brisbane were 14 up or whatever you had the stupid second rower drop it on the second tackle 5m out from the line on tackle 2- literally could have wasted a minute off the clock at worst and the way Mam was playing he’d probably have scored a fourth!

100% fully expect that to come out in the wash up that it should have come back as refs call/inconclusive. If it did fans would be annoyed but if you followed the game year long you’d say well that’s fine.
I still maintain it looked absolutely definitive that he got it down personally but absolutely agree otherwise.

No try upstairs, if the bunker says inconclusive it’s rough but defendable.

If you watch the NFL the refs always explain the penalties and reviews. That was needed here cause I can’t figure out what he reckons he saw.

Henry/Smith/Papaali will cover it easily.

I think Jack Cole will replace Luai. Talagi will replace Turuvua and you got what is a lesser team but only slightly so

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back