NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Zoom in on the picture in post #580. The end of the ball is CLEARLY on the ground. You can even see the blades of grass on the sides of the bottom of the ball. It's unequivocal.

The decision tonight has been how they have ruled it all season, we’ll sort of. Should have come back as inconclusive and go back to the refs call. This would have been fine and a way better idea from the bunker.

The mistake was when Brisbane were 14 up or whatever you had the stupid second rower drop it on the second tackle 5m out from the line on tackle 2- literally could have wasted a minute off the clock at worst and the way Mam was playing he’d probably have scored a fourth!
Yeh I think Carrigan dropped it but that happens, a few of the kids made positional errors too but Reynolds is getting paid a shitload to manage the game and lead the kids. Imo as a broncos supporter that loss is mostly on him.

I still maintain it looked absolutely definitive that he got it down personally but absolutely agree otherwise.

No try upstairs, if the bunker says inconclusive it’s rough but defendable.

If you watch the NFL the refs always explain the penalties and reviews. That was needed here cause I can’t figure out what he reckons he saw.

Follow NFL so yes but we don’t need a zillion stoppages fatigue is a factor and teams strive for that. It’s the way to open the game up.

Fully expecting Anneslely to come out and say the decision is correct BUt he’d have preferred them to do as you stated “inconclusive”, refs decision stands.

Follow NFL so yes but we don’t need a zillion stoppages fatigue is a factor and teams strive for that. It’s the way to open the game up.

Fully expecting Anneslely to come out and say the decision is correct BUt he’d have preferred them to do as you stated “inconclusive”, refs decision stands.
I’m not suggesting we need it for every decision but any time they go to the bunker they can explain it. Really won’t add any time to the stoppage anyway

Yeh I think Carrigan dropped it but that happens, a few of the kids made positional errors too but Reynolds is getting paid a shitload to manage the game and lead the kids. Imo as a broncos supporter that loss is mostly on him.

Na wasn’t Carrigan was the second rower Jordan Riki pretty sure I’d have to rewatch it but almost certain there. Carrigan dropped it a few sets later (leading to the drop out)

I’m not suggesting we need it for every decision but any time they go to the bunker they can explain it. Really won’t add any time to the stoppage anyway

Just wish they’d add a sentence after the decision. Wish we’d go back to refs call.

Not a storm fan moron.

Who’s arm was it again? Can’t answer he question cause there is no arm there.

You've clearly lost the argument when you're resulting to insults champ, but go off.

Screen Shot 2024-10-06 at 22.20.10.png

That's Howarth's hand on the ball. Look down at your wrist, bend it up like that, and tell me where in the **** you think his arm is if it's not under the ball. Unless you're a freak, your wrist doesn't rotate like a ball joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment VBx1MKP.mp4

Watching this video
First angle looks for all money to be down.
The next angle though looks like it's still up

I thought maybe it wasnt synced and it showed two different movements. But looking at Cleary's body position in the two angles and I am now agreeing it was held up

Last edited:
You've clearly lost the argument when you're resulting to insults champ, but go off.

View attachment 2133753

That's Howarth's hand on the ball. Look down at your wrist, bend it up like that, and tell me where in the **** you think his arm is if it's not under the ball. Unless you're a freak, your wrist doesn't rotate like a ball joint.
And look to the right of his hand where you can clearly see the ball touching grass.

View attachment 2133753

Yeh cause you’re being respectful in your interactions.

I couldn’t gaf. The video shows the ball on the ground, your still is after that where forward momentum has rolled it under.

Literally EVERYONE is either saying it was a try or it was inconclusive except you mate. Maybe reflect on that, or don’t, I don’t care.

The actual white thing hitting the ground. It’s pretty simple. Unless there’s an angle where the ball hits the ground and none of these stills are.

The mistake for me isn’t the decision it is not coming back as inconclusive. If that was the decision most would accept it. So I will like to see whether the bunker has an angle showing a certain held up
The ball clearly hits the ground in that video. It moves the grass and deforms from the impact.

I can't understand what else needs to be seen to show it clearly hits the ground. You can see the impact.

The ball clearly hits the ground in that video. It moves the grass and deforms from the impact.

I can't understand what else needs to be seen to show it clearly hits the ground. You can see the impact.

You never see it touch the ground. It’s been ruled like this all season long.

Would you have preferred “refs call”? It’s the same for the game. Was never going to be a try after it was sent up no try

Something was doing the rounds that Atkins was a Penrith referee life member on Twitter.

View attachment 2133751

Not a GREAT look it must be said

That doesn't mean he has an allegiance to the Panthers as a club. His father also played the Eels and the Roosters. Should the NRL think twice about him refereeing those 3 clubs or trust him to put his integrity above where he started refereeing and any feelings he may have for the clubs his father played for?

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back