NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m starting to think that these guys actually don’t play on grass and they only superimpose it on the telecast LOL

I’m not sure how anyone could possibly think the ball didn’t hit the grass especially the way it bounces after contact.

We don’t understand how the game works

There is a force field that needed to be penetrated by the Rugba League ball

That doesn't mean he has an allegiance to the Panthers as a club. His father also played the Eels and the Roosters. Should the NRL think twice about him refereeing those 3 clubs or trust him to put his integrity above where he started refereeing and any feelings he may have for the clubs his father played for?
After tonight they should clearly think about banning him from bunker duties full stop.

As someone said after making that howler and having some kind of connection to the club it benefited is not a great look.

That doesn't mean he has an allegiance to the Panthers as a club. His father also played the Eels and the Roosters. Should the NRL think twice about him refereeing those 3 clubs or trust him to put his integrity above where he started refereeing and any feelings he may have for the clubs his father played for?

The “held up” call would suggest some sort of allegiance though

You read my post?

I didn’t say he did, I said it’s not a great look. Pretty undeniable it doesn’t look great after the decision that was made.

Purely optics.

Yeh cause you’re being respectful in your interactions.

I couldn’t gaf. The video shows the ball on the ground, your still is after that where forward momentum has rolled it under.

Literally EVERYONE is either saying it was a try or it was inconclusive except you mate. Maybe reflect on that, or don’t, I don’t care.

Right. So you're relying on the photo to say "it's a try".

Until it's proven to you that the photo doesn't show that at all, and now your argument is that "the video shows..."

You've been on BF long enough that you ought be much better at arguing than this.

Nowhere did I say it was conclusive.

given where his hand is and the directions his wrist is pointing, his arm is probably under the ball.

Does "probably" mean something different to you?

Might be better for you if I leave you to keep going off now, hey?

You've clearly lost the argument when you're resulting to insults champ, but go off.

View attachment 2133753

That's Howarth's hand on the ball. Look down at your wrist, bend it up like that, and tell me where in the **** you think his arm is if it's not under the ball. Unless you're a freak, your wrist doesn't rotate like a ball joint.
What about the bit of the ball thats beside and below his hand and obscured by the grass?

You know, the bit that's touching the ground.

What about the bit of the ball thats beside and below his hand and obscured by the grass?

You know, the bit that's touching the ground.

Except it doesn't clearly show that at all...

It is a shame that we are not talking about the epic GF between the Top 2 Teams

Nobody wants to see Officials decide/ affect outcomes like they did tonight

Right. So you're relying on the photo to say "it's a try".

Until it's proven to you that the photo doesn't show that at all, and now your argument is that "the video shows..."

You've been on BF long enough that you ought be much better at arguing than this.

Nowhere did I say it was conclusive.

Does "probably" mean something different to you?
I’m done with you mate. You’re behaving like a flog, claiming no Melbourne supporters know the rules (even though not everyone saying the call was wrong is a Melbourne supporter).

I’ve said very very clearly all along I think the video (and the other still image) shows the ball clearly being grounded now perhaps he lost the ball, perhaps he has another angle, perhaps he had the voice of god telling him Penrith needs to win this game lest the old gods smite us, but all we know is he said “held up” and we can clearly see video showing he doesn’t ****ing look held up.

If he said inconclusive it would be a palatable mistake (as I’ve agreed with LP1 about) but he didn’t.

Right now you and Grant Atkins are about the only 2 morons on the planet convinced that the ball never touched grass and you’re the one using a photo to back that up and then saying a video or photo that shows different is wrong.

Mind boggling dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Penrith on achieving a four-peat - the first in the modern NRL and AFL! The Panther's defence was superb. As a Storm fan, I'm really disappointed with our side not playing more competitively; we were playing so well all year, including against Penrith. This brings into question - Bellamy's grand final record and how long he still will be coach. Of course, that doesn't excuse the controversial no-try and other questionable referee calls. I just hope the Storm bounce back and win it next year.

Waiting for the vision from the bunker which proves no try. 😇

Media has apparently seen it.

And for those who've turned off in rage, Danica is now reporting on Ch9 that media have been shown the angle the proves it wasn't grounded and there doesn't seem to be much lingering doubt.

Well done Penrith on achieving a four-peat - the first in the modern NRL and AFL! The Panther's defence was superb. As a Storm fan, I'm really disappointed with our side not playing more competitively; we were playing so well all year, including against Penrith. This brings into question - Bellamy's grand final record and how long he still will be coach. Of course, that doesn't excuse the controversial no-try and other questionable referee calls. I just hope the Storm bounce back and win it next year.

You are questioning Bellamy’s GF record

That is a bit harsh

And for those who've turned off in rage, Danica is now reporting on Ch9 that media have been shown the angle the proves it wasn't grounded and there doesn't seem to be much lingering doubt.
A point most of us have made a stack of times they should have explained that.

I’m done with you mate. You’re behaving like a flog, claiming no Melbourne supporters know the rules (even though not everyone saying the call was wrong is a Melbourne supporter).

I’ve said very very clearly all along I think the video (and the other still image) shows the ball clearly being grounded now perhaps he lost the ball, perhaps he has another angle, perhaps he had the voice of god telling him Penrith needs to win this game lest the old gods smite us, but all we know is he said “held up” and we can clearly see video showing he doesn’t ****ing look held up.

If he said inconclusive it would be a palatable mistake (as I’ve agreed with LP1 about) but he didn’t.

Right now you and Grant Atkins are about the only 2 morons on the planet convinced that the ball never touched grass and you’re the one using a photo to back that up and then saying a video or photo that shows different is wrong.

Mind boggling dumb.

I'll await your apology in the morning when we see the footage...

A point most of us have made a stack of times they should have explained that.
How bad is it that the C9 coverage never showed it.
Still waiting for them to show it.

You never see it touch the ground. It’s been ruled like this all season long.

Would you have preferred “refs call”? It’s the same for the game. Was never going to be a try after it was sent up no try
I moved from NSW to Tassie in Feb so I haven't really watched any League this year and honestly supporting Melbourne is no fun if NSW people aren't there to get upset about it so if you say that's how its been ruled all year I'll believe you. But it clearly hits the ground. Its ****en obvious. If they're not paying those tries well ... that's the NRL its no better than the AFL as far as incompetent/sus sports admin goes.

It was a try tho, even if they haven't paid them all year.

It is a shame that we are not talking about the epic GF between the Top 2 Teams

Nobody wants to see Officials decide/ affect outcomes like they did tonight
The refs didn't decide the outcome though.

It wasn't an epic GF because the Storm couldn't perform at their best. And they couldn't perform at their best because Penrith played exceptionally, all across the park.

People complaining about ref calls are the worst; especially after watching a dominant team, dominate.

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back