• (3) Sydney Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (4) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 27th September
(1) Melbourne Storm vs (3) Sydney Roosters (AAMI Park - 19:50)

Saturday 28th September
(2) Penrith Panthers vs (4) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (Accor Stadium - 19:50)

The Daily Telegraph is reporting Cronulla's last 228 mins played against Penrith has a score of 90-0 in favour of the mountain men.

I don't think that's quite right but the recent record is abysmal.
It's correct. Sharks led 10-0 and lost 20-10. Lost 28-0 & 42-0

It's correct. Sharks led 10-0 and lost 20-10. Lost 28-0 & 42-0
Ahh yeah ok, was wondering how they'd got to that.

Diabolical form against one side. Guess they just see it as a free hit and hope for the best.

Think a lot of people are underrating the Sharks chances, i hope we kill them again but i think it is going to be a battle. We deserve to be favourites but i can not believe the amount of people just writing the Sharks off.
What's led you to believe they'll challenge you?

Their recent record in finals is awful.
Their recent record against the Panthers is even worse.
The Panthers are the current 3 time reigning premiers (they've got the big game experience).

I can't think of a single reason why the Sharks could genuinely challenge.

What's led you to believe they'll challenge you?

Their recent record in finals is awful.
Their recent record against the Panthers is even worse.
The Panthers are the current 3 time reigning premiers (they've got the big game experience).

I can't think of a single reason why the Sharks could genuinely challenge.
It is more where i think Penrith are currently at, i have watched every game this year and our form not just week to week but even inside games has been frustratingly inconsistent. Now obviously we are talking about the standards of the best team in the comp here.

I still think we are a very good team but i think the gap between our best and our worst leaves us very beatable. Our edge defence is a huge worry, Edwards form at the end of the year with his niggles is a worry. I hope what we saw from against the Roosters is a sign we are peaking at the right time and are finally healthy, but i worry that was more just due to how depleted the Roosters team was.

This could also just be that despite Penrith being incredible for half a decade i have another 23 years prior to that which taught me to always be pessimistic when it comes to Penrith so it could just be that coming out to play.

It is more where i think Penrith are currently at, i have watched every game this year and our form not just week to week but even inside games has been frustratingly inconsistent. Now obviously we are talking about the standards of the best team in the comp here.

I still think we are a very good team but i think the gap between our best and our worst leaves us very beatable. Our edge defence is a huge worry, Edwards form at the end of the year with his niggles is a worry. I hope what we saw from against the Roosters is a sign we are peaking at the right time and are finally healthy, but i worry that was more just due to how depleted the Roosters team was.

This could also just be that despite Penrith being incredible for half a decade i have another 23 years prior to that which taught me to always be pessimistic when it comes to Penrith so it could just be that coming out to play.
I don't disagree it's been your worst year since 2019 but you still finished 2nd and your first half against the Roosters was the best football seen this year (arguably).

I have no doubt Ivan will have the boys sharp and motivated for when it counts. That was really the opinion that's been held all year within that group.

Think a lot of people are underrating the Sharks chances, i hope we kill them again but i think it is going to be a battle. We deserve to be favourites but i can not believe the amount of people just writing the Sharks off.

They won't get close to Melbourne, give the Roosters a better shot and even then it's a Hail Mary shot

Everyone wrote the Sharks off months ago and will never change their mind.

Even after they win a final no one thought they would, it’s all negativity as they fight their disappointment the Sharks are still there.

Bigfooty claimed the Dogs would take their spot in the 4…

Of course saying all that, it would be the greatest upset of all time if they won, especially with Penriths no1 player in Ashley Klein running the game and Sharks hater Butler overturning every try in the bunker.

Everyone wrote the Sharks off months ago and will never change their mind.

Even after they win a final no one thought they would, it’s all negativity as they fight their disappointment the Sharks are still there.

Bigfooty claimed the Dogs would take their spot in the 4…

Of course saying all that, it would be the greatest upset of all time if they won, especially with Penriths no1 player in Ashley Klein running the game and Sharks hater Butler overturning every try in the bunker.
Is there any referee in the game that you think doesn't hate the Sharks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty, but they don’t get the big games as they don’t tow the company line.

But Butler and Klein are the 2 worst and what a surprise they get the Sharks again…
It's probably because the NRL have it in for Cronulla!

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL 2024 - Preliminary Finals

Back