NSW v Vic @ Newcastle

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by catattack
What's Hussey's average now? Today's not out knock would have it sky high.
Hussey 757 runs @ 108.14 (test team 3rd drop)
Katich 772 runs @ 110.28 (test team 4rd drop)

and boof at #4 of course

You have to be kidding.

Channel 9 showed 10 seconds of footage (none of the victory itself), and Channel 7 showed NOTHING.

Originally posted by Minkus_Swan
Great effort by the vics, poor captaincy by Waugh.

Yep, I think this is the third time this year that teams are able to chase down a target in excess of 400 against a team captained by Waugh. No doubt Steve Waugh's a legend, but his captaincy under pressure is quite ordinary.

I'm O/S at the moment, after checking the score before I went to bed last night I said no chance in hell, MAYBE we could get a draw. I get up this morning to see how much we lost by, and I see this......****ING BRILLIANT!!

MacGill - as useful as a spare **** at a wedding

Not quite, red+black. I found this over at the Victor Trumper board:

Last week in Sri Lanka, Central Province successfully chased 511 (9 down when they got there) to create a new world record. The previous one was 507 back in the late 1890's.

Highest in Aus... Sth Aus 6/506 v. Qld @ Adelaide in 1991/02.

Victoria's best....7/435 v. NSW @ Melbourne in 1931/32.

YOU FREAKING BEAUTY!!

Had to leave work at 4pm (tea).
Had been following it all day.
Rushed home to check the internet...

and...

I leapt out of my friggin' chair.

D. Hussey. Now a full-blooded Victorian. Forget where he came from, he's as Victorian as Ted Whitten.

words fail...

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
You have to be kidding.

Channel 9 showed 10 seconds of footage (none of the victory itself), and Channel 7 showed NOTHING.

9 and 7 in Sydney just showed the scores, no footage at all. At the end the newsreader said to Ken Sutcliffe - "That's not treating Steve Waugh with much respect!"
Even Fox Sports News, with its half hour of sport that usually has enough time to show 5 minutes of the Brazilian Hang gliding championships, showed NO FOOTAGE. What a joke.

What an effort by the Vics - amazing that it actually finished by 10 to 6, we had plenty of overs to spare.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Me too! And it was worth it! I'm like the guy in the 3 ad at the moment, going off my nut!!

****ING YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!

and I reckon I was resembling the doofus in the Johnnie Walker ad...screaming in the office

You Mother Phwucker!!!!!

<luckily I'm the boss>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, well, well.

I've been at work all day (no computer) I get home and the old man lets me know that the mighty vics have pulled off something special.

I jumps straight to this thread and read all about it from the start of todays play to the comments post-victory.

The following people can kiss my arse:

Trevor Hohns
Kerry O'keefe
Geoff Lawson
Jim Maxwell
"Stewpot" MacGill

The following people are invited to my house for a beer:

Warney
Deano
Hussey

HEARTS TO HEARTS AND HANDS TO HANDS, BENEATH THE BLUE AND WHITE WE STAND, WE SHOUT "GOD BLESS OUR NATIVE LAND" VICTORIA! VICTORIA!

Great thread. Well done Vics, S Waugh loses again. btw check out the QLD side in the highest run chase ever when the mighty Redbacks rolled them, Border, Ritchie, Haydos, Wellham, P Taylor Healy, Mc Dermott, Rackemann, Law, almost ranks with S Waugh M Waugh, Katich, Magill... erm... who else was there?.

Originally posted by Yianni
Mate, my tongue was firmly in my cheek, although if the Vics manage to pull this off, it might move a fair bit closer to Hussey's arse (BTW, that last comment was firmly tongue in cheek)

Every now and then you come across some gold in amongst the dross. I have to ask though, which cheek?

Awesome effort!

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Me too! And it was worth it! I'm like the guy in the 3 ad at the moment, going off my nut!!

****ING YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!

I can picture it GH. :D

Unfortunately I clicked on the "Last" tab so I go the result without the tension, My heart couldn't take it.

I did think we were stuffed this time yesterday, but the 115 overs was the thing that made me think we were an outside chance.

It's a lot of overs for 4 front liners & a few part timers to bowl in one day. I thought we'd need Tons from Elliot & Hodge, instead we got a double from Hussey (Our best ever import?)

Great support from Moss,White & Roach (He's better than McDonald, bat Berry at 10 if ya like but this bloke CAN bat. Actually just don't pick Chuck at all anymore)

Bring on the final!

Not a single bit of footage on FSN!:mad:

Any of you blokes seen Darky around...? :D

Originally posted by Dave
Every now and then you come across some gold in amongst the dross. I have to ask though, which cheek?

I'm a lot better against left cheekers...right cheekers mess up my line and length (NB - TONGUE IN CHEEK!)

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW v Vic @ Newcastle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back