NTFL 2024/25 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

1724968429061.png
Season 2024/2025
And just like that, we are only a month and a bit away from the start of a new NTFL season so I've just made this in prep. Happy to chuck results in here again and have a discussion if anyone is keen to join; helps me feel a bit closer to home talking NT Footy. If you're a fan of NT Footy as well, I strongly encourage you to follow NT Football with Jackson Clark on Facebook - that fella is on absolute god tier when it comes to NTFL media (and no I don't know him personally).

Full Fixture can be found here via PlayHQ - Season 2024/25 Fixture

Off season news:
  • Darwin Buffaloes have moved out to Palmerston to raid the dazzling talent pool that Palmerston Magpies have had access to guiding us to multiple wooden spoons over the years. How their move in will impact the club going forward will be interesting to see; but looks like Buffs are still splitting their home games between Cazalys Arena and TIO Stadium to keep the old supporters on board.
  • The Tiwi Bombers have announced they have signed Marlion Pickett fresh from his retirement from Richmond. Should be a cracking signing.

Not too much else happening this early, but a lot of the signings get announced during September as we build towards Round 1. Looking forward to this season as a Palmerston supporter - recently we've been dragged through the coals quite a bit and had rotten luck. A raft of off-field changes headlined by Mark Tyrrell taking over as coach, a couple of new/returning players (eg. Shaun Wilson, Josh Koster) with I'm sure lots more to be announced make the future look a bit brighter for us. Fingers crossed we can become relevant after a long time in the wilderness.

1724969478601.png

Round 1/ "Marrara Gather Round" begins on 4th of October, the week after the AFL finishes with a massive grand final replay between Saints and Nightcliff. All the fixtures for Round 1 are admittedly fantastic match ups to start the year, matching with teams around the same level as last season.

View attachment 2096289
Season 2024/2025
And just like that, we are only a month and a bit away from the start of a new NTFL season so I've just made this in prep. Happy to chuck results in here again and have a discussion if anyone is keen to join; helps me feel a bit closer to home talking NT Footy. If you're a fan of NT Footy as well, I strongly encourage you to follow NT Football with Jackson Clark on Facebook - that fella is on absolute god tier when it comes to NTFL media (and no I don't know him personally).

Full Fixture can be found here via PlayHQ - Season 2024/25 Fixture

Off season news:
  • Darwin Buffaloes have moved out to Palmerston to raid the dazzling talent pool that Palmerston Magpies have had access to guiding us to multiple wooden spoons over the years. How their move in will impact the club going forward will be interesting to see; but looks like Buffs are still splitting their home games between Cazalys Arena and TIO Stadium to keep the old supporters on board.
  • The Tiwi Bombers have announced they have signed Marlion Pickett fresh from his retirement from Richmond. Should be a cracking signing.

Not too much else happening this early, but a lot of the signings get announced during September as we build towards Round 1. Looking forward to this season as a Palmerston supporter - recently we've been dragged through the coals quite a bit and had rotten luck. A raft of off-field changes headlined by Mark Tyrrell taking over as coach, a couple of new/returning players (eg. Shaun Wilson, Josh Koster) with I'm sure lots more to be announced make the future look a bit brighter for us. Fingers crossed we can become relevant after a long time in the wilderness.

Hey mate,

Got an early season predictor,

I'd love to see a ranked list from best to worst, even if your totally wrong, I'd love to get a gauge of the "favourites" before the season starts.

Hey mate,

Got an early season predictor,

I'd love to see a ranked list from best to worst, even if your totally wrong, I'd love to get a gauge of the "favourites" before the season starts.
Hey mate. I reckon it'll be sort of like the below. Nightcliff and Saints are always so strong and I don't see them budging from the top 2. If Tiwi can keep up the competitive streak from last year, I think they'll move up the ladder and could finish top 4. If not, I reckon they drop to 7th and everyone else moves up one. Buffs have just had a change of home and last minute coach change, so I don't see them moving up too much. Palmerston and Wanderers are quite hard to read - haven't heard much about Wanderers and I think Palmy need a year to figure themselves out with the new coach before they start climbing. It's too shallow a talent pool for instant change, especially now that Darwin are now in Palmerston and competing for players.

1. Nightcliff
2. St Mary's
3. Southern Districts
4. Tiwi Bombers
5. Waratah
6. Darwin Buffaloes
7. PINT
8. Wanderers
9. Palmerston

Interesting, I thought buffs coach wouldn't last the season as it turns out he didn't even make the season, Wanderers captain of 6 years has left them to go to Tiwi which tells you how eagles are going apparently districts and Nightcliff have opened the cheque book more than usual

ROUND 1

So the season kicked off on the weekend with no major surprise results in the scope of things. Saints and Nightcliff was always going to be a 50/50, with Saints getting over them basically 1-2 goals up all day. Scrappy contest to be the "premier" game but Saints will take it. Dylan Landt dominant again with 34 touches, Jacob Long with 27 touches and a whopping 91% kicking efficiency.
~~
Tiwi looked GOOD against Wanderers, but to be fair, Wanderers are in the abyss like Palmy right now and are way too hard to tell where they're at. Losing Mclean to Tiwi on the eve of the season hurts. Tiwi with a few decent recruits getting the job done - they flogged Ashton Hams (ex WCE) from Palmy who ended up with 18 touches, Wanderers legend/skipper Braeden Mclean also had 18 touches, Marlion Pickett from Richmond also had 14 touches. Hopefully we see Tiwi fire this season and upset the top 4 a bit. Despite the loss, Wanderers were served well by Jaxon East who had 41 touches
~~
PINT looked strong in the twilight game, with Buggs never really looking close. I imagine PINT will shock a few of the big teams this year and could go anywhere; will be interesting to see what recruits they bring out this season. Lochie O'Brien (ex Carlton player) was their best on the day with 32 touches (27 kicks is a solid effort). Buffaloes well served by Tom Simpson and Jackson Clark but couldn't get the job done. Will be interesting to see how the Buffs trek this year - they always seem to be around the mark.
~~
Final game of the weekend saw Districts outclass Waratah quite convincingly. Game looked like it would be close until 3QT, with Districts kicking 4 goals to 0 in the last to run away 36 point victors. Jarrod Brander kicked a massive 6 goals, will be very hard to beat for leading goal scorer this year. Seeing the names on the Districts lineup is quite scary - Staunton, Jalen Clarke, Brandon Rusca, Michael Bowden, Josiah Farrer, Jed Anderson, Matt Dennis, Matt Sexton, Will Farrer and Steven Motlop to name a few. This is a team I really think could go far, and I'm sure they'll have a lot more recruits pop up through the year. Bad night for the Tahs, but they'll get to bounce back against Palmy next Saturday.

1728361190540.png

1728362706946.png

Remove this Banner Ad

NTFL 2024/25 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back