Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winner - Churchill
Margin - 14 points
Why - 70 midfield rottations will leave Churchill fresh to run hard in the 25 degree temperatures in the last term, fitness edge

Best on Ground - Anderson, in a losing team, like Burridge in 03
Most Goals - Szabo/N McDonald 4 goals each
First Goal - J Neille
Defining play - McDonald wins hard ball,shoots out handball to Brandon Mahoney(will be best on ground but wont win it)running past who chips to open Scott Kelly who plays on and bombs goal from 55 metres. That and any hammy tear to Bedgood, Anderson,Neille or Dowse!

L McDonald - No offence to the big fella at Stratty but this bloke would have coached them into the finals.

Winner - Churchill
Margin - 14 points
Why - 70 midfield rottations will leave Churchill fresh to run hard in the 25 degree temperatures in the last term, fitness edge

Best on Ground - Anderson, in a losing team, like Burridge in 03
Most Goals - Szabo/N McDonald 4 goals each
First Goal - J Neille
Defining play - McDonald wins hard ball,shoots out handball to Brandon Mahoney(will be best on ground but wont win it)running past who chips to open Scott Kelly who plays on and bombs goal from 55 metres. That and any hammy tear to Bedgood, Anderson,Neille or Dowse!

L McDonald - No offence to the big fella at Stratty but this bloke would have coached them into the finals.

You have started something there!!!!

Good opinions Big Cigar, the rotations have come from Heyfield 07????

[/b]

You have started something there!!!!

Good opinions Big Cigar, the rotations have come from Heyfield 07????

I think the rotations have come from the TV (ie. AFL).

No one could have coached a team of unfit, in some cases not overly talented pissheads that drink fairly heavily on Friday nights and never train into the finals.

I believe the comment that Leigh McDonald is a very good coach may well be correct, however, Stratford at stages were pathetic and would not have beaten Dargo Upper.

Obviously rotations have come form AFL, but heyfield used it to great effect in 07 particuarly in grand final against churchill....thats what i was trying to say.

True leadership is hard to buy, people do extraordinary things for leaders.

Leigh Mcdonald last year was exceptional, i am in no doubt he would make any club a better football club.

Leigh Mcdonald last year was exceptional, i am in doubt he would make any club a better football club.

Leadership is important, however, I am not convinced me that Steve Nicholls, Tim Light and a host of other would stay off the piss and train regularly because Leigh McDonald was coach, and a group of others (who I won't name because it is unfair on them) would suddenly go from being unfit and not all that great to superfit and superstars.

Yeah, of course he would make the place better, but, lets be honest, it's easy to lead a good side. I am not saying he is not a good leader, I am saying, that you look better as a leader when you win. Hypothetically, maybe Cowwarr, Glen or Stratty (just picking them cos they were down the bottom) on paper should not have won a game this year, however, their coach/coaches/captain got them to 4,5,6 or 7 wins, no one is talking up their leadership.

Then how do stratford expect to get better if they have one of the best players in the comp as coach and cant commit to staying off the gas on a friday night or commiting themselves to training regularly and hard...

Leigh Mcdonald last year was exceptional, i am in doubt he would make any club a better football club.

Leigh Mcdonald was on a mission last year and did everything to beat Gormandale which was seen as his revenge from the missed opportuntiy in 07'.

Will the same level of "hunger" and "passion" be there this year?

Churchill by 5 points
Why: They will be the better team on the day and will appreciate the 2 week break coming into this hot weather and on a wider ground.
Best on Ground: Travis Brighton (may be the x-factor)

Umpires: C. Hooper, G. Moscript and N. Cullis

Are you serious about the umpires???

Why wouldnt big red clapton get a go, Umpire of the year!!!!

Ken Wagnear is not showing much intellect there, Hooper is hopeless!!!!

I award the "Craig Hutchison most things wrong in one year award" to Dylza.

Another rumour that Dylza tries to get involved in but has no idea and just makes a fool of himself. hahahahaha

Ronaldson not coaching
Cox will be coaching sale next year - Fact!!!

I still stand by my call.

Are you serious about the umpires???

Why wouldnt big red clapton get a go, Umpire of the year!!!!

Ken Wagnear is not showing much intellect there, Hooper is hopeless!!!!

I'll stand by my Hooper call, But I'll drag out Cullis out of it and put Shane "look at me" Kinder in

Then how do stratford expect to get better if they have one of the best players in the comp as coach and cant commit to staying off the gas on a friday night or commiting themselves to training regularly and hard...

So, you are saying that when you have a guy who can't play as coach(lets say me), it is fine to drink on Friday, however, if you have a gun (lets say Wayne Carey) you shouldn't drink, and you would automatically train harder. That is a fairly narrow minded and ridiculous view.

I would have thought any club getting someone like Leigh McDonald to coach them would genuinely believe they are a shot at making finals, and I think some of those players you mentioned might get excited enough to have a decent crack as well. I mean he has managed to get blokes standing in a creek every Sunday morning doing recovery all winter, players arent going to do that for just anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought any club getting someone like Leigh McDonald to coach them would genuinely believe they are a shot at making finals, and I think some of those players you mentioned might get excited enough to have a decent crack as well. I mean he has managed to get blokes standing in a creek every Sunday morning doing recovery all winter, players arent going to do that for just anyone

This is a discussion that has no definite answers.

I know those people first hand, and have played alongside them for 1 - 5 years. No one else on here actually knows the majority of the current Stratford senior playing group and their habits.

So, you are saying that when you have a guy who can't play as coach(lets say me), it is fine to drink on Friday, however, if you have a gun (lets say Wayne Carey) you shouldn't drink, and you would automatically train harder. That is a fairly narrow minded and ridiculous view.

I never said its fine to drink before any game, I said if players at club cant stay off the gas and commit to training because they have a chance at being succesful or even better keep pride in there own performance for there club, then where are they heading???

Your the one that said that if they did have Mcdonald the same stuff would happen, i would think if you have an improved attitude and commitment. that your level of football would improve. Thats if you have a little bit of talent...

I never said its fine to drink before any game, I said if players at club cant stay off the gas and commit to training because they have a chance at being succesful or even better keep pride in there own performance for there club, then where are they heading???

Your the one that said that if they did have Mcdonald the same stuff would happen, i would think if you have an improved attitude and commitment. that your level of football would improve. Thats if you have a little bit of talent...

Oh, I get what you were saying, I just re read it.

I thought you meant that they should stay off the piss because of having a good player as coach. Wheras, you probably meant, they should stay off the piss, and having a good player as coach, coupled with staying off the piss would help them to improve. My mistake.

I still think if you put any one individual into Stratty's team as playing coach, they still wouldn't have been more committed and trained better. Obviously having that good player would help, but, not enough to bridge the gap from wooden spoon to finalist.

I still think having 50 plus players play for your seniors is not ideal.....

Lets look at stratford if they kept there current group who are genuine ones players..

Jarryd Clohesy
Tim Light
Steve Nicholls
Chris Camm
Noel Jansz
Brett Hudson
Nick Farley
Jon Taylor
Gavin Bickery
Ben Channing
Dylan Cartwright??
Jack Bacon??
Lewis Bolton??
Luke Clohesy??

??? indicate availability

I am not too sure about others but you could argue for all of them to be consistent first players elsewhere. If they all played seniors for a year Stratford would not finish bottom, I have left out Luke and Mark Nicholls not sure what they are doing but i would assume they both would play ones from what i have seen. If stratford could keep that list recruit another key forward a Ruckmen to support Klasen and find a good hard bodied midfielder they would be play finals. the problem is that stratford lose one player this week two the next and then they say oh stuff it. Another scenario that i saw on sportingpulse was some players will play this game miss two play another etc. If a consistent group of under thirty players can play senior football they would do really well imo.

I still think having 50 plus players play for your seniors is not ideal.....

Lets look at stratford if they kept there current group who are genuine ones players..

Jarryd Clohesy
Tim Light
Steve Nicholls
Chris Camm
Noel Jansz
Brett Hudson
Nick Farley
Jon Taylor
Gavin Bickery
Ben Channing
Dylan Cartwright??
Jack Bacon??
Lewis Bolton??
Luke Clohesy??

??? indicate availability

I am not too sure about others but you could argue for all of them to be consistent first players elsewhere. If they all played seniors for a year Stratford would not finish bottom, I have left out Luke and Mark Nicholls not sure what they are doing but i would assume they both would play ones from what i have seen. If stratford could keep that list recruit another key forward a Ruckmen to support Klasen and find a good hard bodied midfielder they would be play finals. the problem is that stratford lose one player this week two the next and then they say oh stuff it. Another scenario that i saw on sportingpulse was some players will play this game miss two play another etc. If a consistent group of under thirty players can play senior football they would do really well imo.

The quote was that he would have coached them into the finals this year. Not that he could do it in future years. You can cancel out the 3rds kids, as none of them played more than 2 games this year. What I said was, that this year, no one could have coached that side into the finals, not that Stratty are never capable of playing finals, or that things can't change there.

Ok, but i was talking if someone high profile was to coach next year....

And yes I agree with this seasons aspirations of stratford playing finals, would not have mattered who coached.

Ok, but i was talking if someone high profile was to coach next year....

And yes I agree with this seasons aspirations of stratford playing finals, would not have mattered who coached.

With the base that Stratford have, they are not that far away from being a finals side. Generally if you recruit a good playing coach, he will bring a couple with him, and a couple of others that you are trying to recruit will sign because the coach is good.

A stratty side looking like:

b: goodes, ???????, cartwright
hb: j clohesy, hudson, l clohesy
c: farley, camm, b channing
hf: bickery, ????? , taylor
ff: o'keefe, light, s nicholls
foll: b richardson, ??????, jansz
ben: any number of 3rds kids that are more than capable of playing seniors, and in some cases have done so this year.

There is no reason why that side couldn't finish 4th - 6th next year providing the ????? are all filled with stars.

I see that they really need a big strong backman, huddo can play on the mobile forwards, need a sam bristow type to play on the strong forwards, then, a strong forward, ie. aurisch, and then probably 2 star midfielders, ie. stuart anderson/david downes, and that side would nearly be capable of playing finals. Providing they all trained regularly, played every game and stayed off the piss.

If you get a star coach, ie. Anderson, the players that are considering leaving will stay, and the players that are thinking about coming are more likely to come.

Winner: Churchill
Margin: 15 points
Why: Very even side with excellent runners. Conditions will suit

Best On Ground: Leigh McDonald
Most Goals: B Szabo - 5
First Goal: Joey Whykes
Defining play: Diesel Williams tapping down to L McDonald who kicks long to brother Nathan, who shakes off the yips from last year to put the Cougars up by 15pts, 25 minutes into the last to seal the game after a late Heyfield flurry

L.Mcdonald or Anderson: McDonald

Winner: Heyfield
Margin:18 points
Why: Dry conditions will suit Heyfield fowards; plenty of tall marking options, Szabo, Berry, Shingles, Humphries, Stevens x2 maybe?

Best on ground: Wayne Knight
Most Goals: L. Berry
First Goal: N. McDonald
L. Mc Donald or Anderson: Mc Donald

I award the "Craig Hutchison most things wrong in one year award" to Dylza.

Another rumour that Dylza tries to get involved in but has no idea and just makes a fool of himself. hahahahaha

Ronaldson not coaching
Cox will be coaching sale next year - Fact!!!

Ultimate Warrior, i think you were getting "offered the job" (from Porkchopwayne)and "accepting the job" mixed up. i think Dylza Hutchinson is on the money with his call about Cox not being at Sale next year and may not be such a fool as suggested. :)

Has he been offered the job at Sale???

Would be mad to accept unless he is guaranteed players back or thinking of sticking with club for another two or three years.

Can you please enlighten us with what you have herad skin27???

Has he been offered the job at Sale???

Would be mad to accept unless he is guaranteed players back or thinking of sticking with club for another two or three years.

Can you please enlighten us with what you have herad skin27???

Mr Big Footy et al, what i have heard and believe it to be common knowledge, was he knocked it back as both parties couldnt come to an agreement on conditions - no different to any other business transaction. What those conditions were is unknown to me and it would be fair to say will remain behind close doors of the Sale FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back