Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who TTU will get outside Hawk and Tim Aitken, but lets be honest it will need to be quite a few players as I dont reckon they have a great deal of talent to start with.

Until they have something more than those 2 confirmed, they wont be troubling the top tier of teams just yet.

True, but if you were a recruiter for an NGFL side, i reckon Aitken, Hawking, C Graham, B Graham & B Hazelman would be a good place to start. I know there are another couple of former Tgon players as well.

Any truth to the rumour that Dean Jenkins is joining the Wonthaggi De-Sal Allstars?

True, but if you were a recruiter for an NGFL side, i reckon Aitken, Hawking, C Graham, B Graham & B Hazelman would be a good place to start. I know there are another couple of former Tgon players as well.

Any truth to the rumour that Dean Jenkins is joining the Wonthaggi De-Sal Allstars?

Yep Jenks has joined the Salties!

No hard feelings with him leaving, infact most people here were telling him to go as he was really torn between loyalty to the Cougars and the fantastic coin on offer at Wonthaggi. I suppose the question will be if his body can stand up to the challenge of a higher standard of footy. Doubtful to be honest.

If TTU can pull off those recruits, one thing is guaranteed, the price of beer will be a disgrace at Tyers! Anyone know where the coin is coming from to pay for this?

Not a name I'm familiar with Nugget, whats his story?

Sandemann coached Traralgon seconds last year, was also heavily involved with Cowwarr when Poison Ivey was coaching, in terms of he ran the bench for the seniors and coached the seconds. Sandemann was also appointed at Cowwarr as Senior Coach and then left from memory close to the start of the season to go coach Traralgon seconds.

Has a basketball background and frankly the above is all I really know about him, from the outside though he seems an organised fellow and people in high places must think he does a reasonably good job.

Boisdale made some statements last year attaining to who was going to coach them this year, but these obvioulsy fell through. The names thrown around were Shaun Mooney and Jono Cantwell.

I have also heard a rumour that they are paying a sixteen year old kid to play at there club but not sure to the truth of it.

Yep Jenks has joined the Salties!

No hard feelings with him leaving, infact most people here were telling him to go as he was really torn between loyalty to the Cougars and the fantastic coin on offer at Wonthaggi. I suppose the question will be if his body can stand up to the challenge of a higher standard of footy. Doubtful to be honest.

If TTU can pull off those recruits, one thing is guaranteed, the price of beer will be a disgrace at Tyers! Anyone know where the coin is coming from to pay for this?

What does Jenks do for a crust? Sparky? Obviously a job at the Desal plant as part of the deal? I know he has been struggling with injury in recent years what is the problem exactly. Knee?

As for TTU I know Aitken, Hawking and Both Grahams are across the line. Brad Hazelman I hadn't heard before though. Didnt he coach TTU at one point?

The rest of their recruitment seems to focus on young guys. Guy Sinclair from Traralgon is another I believe has signed any one know anything about him?

Boisdale made some statements last year attaining to who was going to coach them this year. The names thrown around were Shaun Mooney

at_first_i_was_like_obama.5phf1eu9ea4o8s40wscw4g0k8.ck2u8j60r5wgkwck84o4ws84k.th.jpeg

What does Jenks do for a crust? Sparky? Obviously a job at the Desal plant as part of the deal? I know he has been struggling with injury in recent years what is the problem exactly. Knee?

As for TTU I know Aitken, Hawking and Both Grahams are across the line. Brad Hazelman I hadn't heard before though. Didnt he coach TTU at one point?

The rest of their recruitment seems to focus on young guys. Guy Sinclair from Traralgon is another I believe has signed any one know anything about him?

Yeah job is the deal. Knee, hammy and groin.

Hazelman I'm not sure if their is a connection, maybe 3rds?

According to their website he has played 15 senior games for the club
Brad was Assistant Coach for them about 9 years ago, and was easily their best player. At that age, he was far too good for NGFL standard. Will be interesting to see if his body holds up, as he didn't play for Tgon this year due to various injury issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems clubs had trouble finding coaches with alot of clubs appointing coaches from inside the club. Im considering aitken and cox in this statement as they have both played for the clubs they r coaching.
Tim Aitken i think will not be as dominate as expected by the club because he wont get the delivery he was getting at T'gon. TTU have apprently signed alot of tgon 3rds kids, will be interesting to see how this goes as i belive alot have not played against men.
Gormandale appointment of paul henry i think will be interesting i dont think he will be a playing coach, but i think will have the respect of his players as before his motorbike accident was a very good senior player.
Rosedale appointment of Brad Caldwell will be interesting aswell. From what i have seen can be very lazy and is carrying a bit of weight, but the appointment may make him work hard on fitness or go other way.
Cox i think is the pick of the bunch obvisouly playing the level of footy he has i think he will be good for they heyfeild group but have heard a few rumours that a few players r not happy with him being appointed.

The internal appointments at Gormandale and Rosedale are somewhat of a surprise to me, possibly a sign that both teams will be in holding pattern for the coming season. Sale were always going to be hard to beat but if Rosedale had of finished top 3 it may have been different, so I agree the big fellas fitness hasnt been the best but enough to get him through the games. How that translate to his work on the track and the example he sets for the others will be interesting.

However Cox, Aitken and Darby at their respective clubs is a massive boost to not only the teams themselves but the league in general. Having seen them all go around 3 or 4 times last year I can only see upside in them being in North Gippy.

I'd reckon that the only blokes upset with Coxy coaching will be the guys not to keen on doing the hard yards at this time of the year. The ones who may drop off are the one's who wont help you do bugger all next year anyway.

As for TTU getting young guys in, not much wrong with that as it seems teams who can get over the ground quickly are the one's left standing at the end of the year, having said that a few bigger bodies around the middle wont hurt.

I am just interested to know who they are as from my perspective I have been to nearly every training session at Heyfield and apart from two players off the top of my head everyone that played a senior game last year who is in the senior plans for Heyfield has been to training, or had a valid reason not too when they have not been in attendance ie exams, work or been away.

I took a potential player to training on Friday night and remarked on the way over that I would expect there will be four people training (as it was pissing it down) we were amazed when we arrived that again there was over thirty people training in the wet.

Not too sure about who you have heard that rumour off, and I can't guarantee that everyone is happy but 99% of the playing group and club are extremely excited by what Coxy has and will bring to the club, personally I think this is already reflected in the training attendances and by who has actually trained.

yeh i was quite suprised to see how many people were at training considering the weather. Was good seeing everyone was pushing through in their run too and Phil working hard in the run, i think i rocked up just at the right time though as i managed to miss doing the 2.5 km run..

Have not actually heard any names of players not happy with the appointment of cox but u know what this time of year is like with all the rumours flying around, but if ur involved in the club nugget1985 then i will take ur word for it.

Story behind that Pumpter? Too old, injuries just haven't come back as he wished? Doesn't mind a quiet one on a Saturday arvo and footy gets in the way of that?

sorry mate, ryan potter played half back/back pocket all year, he'd be 6ft 2 tops, not sure were you got the ruckman bit from, but very handy player

Played SANFL before moving to area.Won Traralgon B&F 1st year I think.Plays half back very handy player and a great bloke as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back