Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close. Only 25 goals in it at the end. 25 goals to 2 after 1/4time is an absolute hiding in anyones language. Only Glen can stop the Sale-City juggernaut.

Not a good day for Tyers...Tim Aitken also tipped Boisdale to beat Heyfield too!!:eek:

Glengarry are nowhere near Sale City...they structure up well are a good team and they have a good target up forward but dont have the stars to match it with them.

Cowwarr are too top heavy and even though they have a pretty good spread of talent to stay competitive eventually they will get the run around, the only side that could potentially give them a run is Heyfield (I am not saying that because of my alliance) they have the midfielders with speed to match it when inform and have the right mix defensively to match them up to win.

Unfortunately we have bigger problems at the moment (trying to make finals) before there is even a consideration of that. It is amazing Heyfield are where they are at despite how poor they have been in some games.

It's Sale City's to lose though....

TTU to get over Sale City in upset of the season.

AHAHAHAHAAHAH!! Thats some funny stuff right there.

I see Aitken was useless on the day. dosent surprise me, he's the most overated footballer in Gippsland. Its easy to kick goals when Traralgon midfield are delivering it down your throat but when you have to put your head over it and get it yourself.....well lets just say the true colours shine. Maybe he should get rid of that blowse and actually have a dip instead of being a hero and shirt fronting players after theyve got rid of the ball.......

Aitken can clearly play the game i dont think it is as easy as recieving good delivery, yes that does help but id imagine aitken would of came under some close attention from the oppositions best defenders week in week out as he still does in the north gippsland.
i finally got a chance to watch a game after a few weeks of work commitments and went to watch gormandale v rosedale appears both teams have a dropped off however was still a very good game to watch. was very impressed with a few rosedale players in adam diamond and rohan diamond felt both stepped up in emerys absence as he was hurt early in first quarter and was not seen again. can some1 give me any info on these guys? where have they come from? Also was impressed by coach brad caldwell looks to improved fitness and played up the ground and stepped up when game was on the line. i thought it was a very interesting appointment by rosedale as i thought he was fat and lazy.

Aitken was the difference when we played TTU he controlled the forward line and the seven goals he kicked (especially late) held TTU together.

I have played against him before (Traralgon days) and he has had minimal influence, (I can remember losing to them in 06 though when he was there) but I think this was just a reflection in where the sides were at rather than his talent. There is no doubt that Gippsland League suits him better due to the better nature of the football and delivery as he is a big guy who can match it one on one with anyone.

To the Diamonds, both boys are true Rosedale boys there dad Paul is a club stalwart Paul was a good footballer and cricketer for Rosedale/Rosedale-Kilmany. The boys havent really come out of nowhere Rohan was one of Rosedales better players last year as a bottom age thirds kid after playing some senior games the year before, his pace, attack on the footy and competiveness a clear highlight. Adam is an under sixteen player who is in a similar mould to his older brother who has played nearly every senior game this year. There was a good article in the Express about the boys probably five or six weeks ago.

I see Aitken was useless on the day. dosent surprise me, he's the most overated footballer in Gippsland. Its easy to kick goals when Traralgon midfield are delivering it down your throat but when you have to put your head over it and get it yourself.....well lets just say the true colours shine. Maybe he should get rid of that blowse and actually have a dip instead of being a hero and shirt fronting players after theyve got rid of the ball.......

Yes!! Great Call!! 100% Agree!!

That is all............

AHAHAHAHAAHAH!! Thats some funny stuff right there.

hey mageebopark, you wanna be a gun footballer to start bagging Tim, i've played with him and against him and he's been a very good footballer, probably fair to say his best is past him, but can still take a good strong mark and kick a few goals, won the GFL goal kicking before and mind you got some great delivery from the Traralgon boys but he also took some awesome contested marks when he had too, to say the most overated player is a bit harsh!!

I looked at the results and he kicked three (out of seven) and was named third best, I think that is more than minimal influence!!

Interesting to see that Tyers three best players were all named in the best in a 150 point loss (Chris Graham, Daniel Hawking and Tim Aitken).

Dont worry Binger!! Mageebopark is probably one of those blokes who only posts once or twice and wont reply, you might be a bit stiff about his footballing ability especially if he is someone like Adrian Burgiel though!!! hahaha

took some awesome contested marks when he had too

Contested.........AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Never took a single contested mark against me or in any game i played against him or watched him......His blowse musta got in the way.

I wonder if the TTU are supplying him with a physcologist like Tgon did.
AHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FLOG!!!

Sale City will walk away with this years Premiership without any problems whatsoever. At the beginning of the season I thought (or hoped!) there may have been some challengers out there but in reality they seem to be an even better unit than last year.
I must say it has been an amazing recovery from a club that was on the bones of its arse to the point they had to go into recess only a few years ago. The people behind the scenes at Sale City that have put in the work to get the club up and about to this level should be commended.

In my opinion the remaining teams currently in the top 5. Glengarry, Cowwarr, Heyfield and Tyers are all quite even and are all capable of beating one another on any given day and although they are all good teams I dont think they are capable of staying with Sale City unless something drastic happens.

Sale City will walk away with this years Premiership without any problems whatsoever. At the beginning of the season I thought (or hoped!) there may have been some challengers out there but in reality they seem to be an even better unit than last year.
I must say it has been an amazing recovery from a club that was on the bones of its arse to the point they had to go into recess only a few years ago. The people behind the scenes at Sale City that have put in the work to get the club up and about to this level should be commended.

In my opinion the remaining teams currently in the top 5. Glengarry, Cowwarr, Heyfield and Tyers are all quite even and are all capable of beating one another on any given day and although they are all good teams I dont think they are capable of staying with Sale City unless something drastic happens.

Agree, unless City lose players with injury they are over the line. Their versatilty in the midfield and up forward is too much for teams to contain.

Interesting to see Cowwarr in third spot and Gormandale in ninth spot at this time of year... Pretty much a straight swap from this time last year...

Big game this weekend for the Warr against Heyfield on the march...

Gormandale were gone from the start... Other than the win against Cowwarr in Rd 1 where some posters - Pumpter - read a little too much into the form line, they have been nothing if not deplorable...

Cowwarr on the other hand took a few weeks to gel but from then have been excellent and with the inclusion of Stasinowsky back into the side in recent times and toppling Glengarry last week, could they be the one to challenge Sale City...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see Cowwarr in third spot and Gormandale in ninth spot at this time of year... Pretty much a straight swap from this time last year...

Big game this weekend for the Warr against Heyfield on the march...

Gormandale were gone from the start... Other than the win against Cowwarr in Rd 1 where some posters - Pumpter - read a little too much into the form line, they have been nothing if not deplorable...

Cowwarr on the other hand took a few weeks to gel but from then have been excellent and with the inclusion of Stasinowsky back into the side in recent times and toppling Glengarry last week, could they be the one to challenge Sale City...?

Cowwarr were handled pretty easily by Sale only 3 weeks ago, Stasinowsky may help but I'm not sure he can make that much difference. Still anyone getting close will be better than nothing!

Not a good day for Tyers...Tim Aitken also tipped Boisdale to beat Heyfield too!!:eek:

Glengarry are nowhere near Sale City...they structure up well are a good team and they have a good target up forward but dont have the stars to match it with them.

Cowwarr are too top heavy and even though they have a pretty good spread of talent to stay competitive eventually they will get the run around, the only side that could potentially give them a run is Heyfield (I am not saying that because of my alliance) they have the midfielders with speed to match it when inform and have the right mix defensively to match them up to win.

Unfortunately we have bigger problems at the moment (trying to make finals) before there is even a consideration of that. It is amazing Heyfield are where they are at despite how poor they have been in some games.

It's Sale City's to lose though....

hahahahahahahaha, great call Nug, Cowwarr smashed Heyfield, not bad for a top heavy side, any excuses or are you taking that loss on the chin?? season 2011 over, SALE CITY PREMIERS!!

Wildcats upset by rampaging Swans. Clean sweep:

U18's: 10.11 -71 def Woodside 7.5 -47

Reserves:25.22 -172 def Woodside 0.2 -2

Seniors: 16.7 -103 def Woodside 11.9 -75

Good confidence booster to the young swans, a win they needed after the previous weeks poor effort.

hahahahahahahaha, great call Nug, Cowwarr smashed Heyfield, not bad for a top heavy side, any excuses or are you taking that loss on the chin?? season 2011 over, SALE CITY PREMIERS!!

They are a top heavy side, that is not a negative they have alot of mature, bigger players. I am not taking anything away from Cowwarr as they flogged us, everything about us stunk on the weekend....but to beat City you have to be capable of matching there speed and I don't think they have that.

I think they structure up well, have good talls at both ends, a sound midfield with a good ruckmen and they move the ball precisely but as you said it is Sale City's to lose.

Gormandale were gone from the start... Other than the win against Cowwarr in Rd 1 where some posters - Pumpter - read a little too much into the form line, they have been nothing if not deplorable...?
Only half right. Am the first to admit that i wrote Cowwarr off after Round 1. In my defence, they were absolutely woeful, and i doubt even the most ardent Cowwarr supporter could have predicted their current form based on that game.

Was pleasantly suprised by Gormy's form in Rd 1, but a serious lack of depth meant they were never a chance to threaten the top 5. Reasonable effort to get within 20 points of TTU on the weekend, given Sticks and Treasy haven't played for several rounds though.

So who does everyone think the two teams to make up 4th and 5th spot be? i think it will be between churchill, ttu and rosedale. i personally cant see heyfield making that 5th spot as i had a look at the fixture and they have the toughest run facing both churchill and rosedale but also glen in the remaining 4 games although if they can win both or one of them games between churchill or rosedale they r still a chance but on recent form i'm not sure they can do that. churchill should win their remainder 3 games with only heyfield the side to challenge them. Their win on the weekend i think securing their spot in the top 5. TTU should have two comfortable wins but then face 2 of the top 3 teams in the last 2 rounds.Needed to beat churchill on the weekend and secure their spot but have made it hard for themselves. Rosedale should win their last 3 games also with i would think only heyfield to challenge them. May have left their run too late and percentage may cost them that 5th spot.

Only half right. Am the first to admit that i wrote Cowwarr off after Round 1. In my defence, they were absolutely woeful, and i doubt even the most ardent Cowwarr supporter could have predicted their current form based on that game.

Was pleasantly suprised by Gormy's form in Rd 1, but a serious lack of depth meant they were never a chance to threaten the top 5. Reasonable effort to get within 20 points of TTU on the weekend, given Sticks and Treasy haven't played for several rounds though.

whats happen to Treasy?

Mate if every bloke at the Desal 'had' to work Saturdays, there's a few teams that would be struggling for numbers!

I'd say he's just getting the OT for Saturdays as Gormy have been out of the hunt for awhile.

No finals for TTU. Not a great return on their sizeable investment this season. Will be interesting to see if their recruits hang around, or if they all go elsewhere.

No finals for TTU. Not a great return on their sizeable investment this season. Will be interesting to see if their recruits hang around, or if they all go elsewhere.

Who knows Pumpter? Chris Graham has played at four clubs in four years and they seem to follow him, if TTU have the goods for him then I expect the brothers to stay.

If the points sytem come in they may be in a fair amount of trouble when we played them they had 40 points!! Well we had 23...Don't think they will be able to raid the Traralgon area again..

Will be an interesting finals campaign don't know if City are in top form like last year where there even spread of stars carried them through, they seem to be getting massive output from Schuey, whilst the others cruise. Lutze just back from injury (makes there side about 6 goals better) whilst everyone else has done enough to keep them undefeated.

For the other sides sakes hope they dont drop back into fourth gear because it might be a massive whitewash....

Cowwarr are most likely to challenge them they have the form, a pretty good traditional set up and good targets up forward. Unsure on Glengarry still. My smokey is Churchill, I think they will roll Rosedale comfortably and if they cop Glengarry second week could see them adavance to the prelim and push Cowwarr at least..

Rumours are fierce about Boisdale, heavily recruting next year...just hope they dont lose sight of what they have achieved in the second half of 2011..done well with a very young side and despite only winning two games have probably had results consistent with higher sides in the last six weeks..

Who knows Pumpter? Chris Graham has played at four clubs in four years and they seem to follow him, if TTU have the goods for him then I expect the brothers to stay.

If the points sytem come in they may be in a fair amount of trouble when we played them they had 40 points!! Well we had 23...Don't think they will be able to raid the Traralgon area again..

Will be an interesting finals campaign don't know if City are in top form like last year where there even spread of stars carried them through, they seem to be getting massive output from Schuey, whilst the others cruise. Lutze just back from injury (makes there side about 6 goals better) whilst everyone else has done enough to keep them undefeated.

For the other sides sakes hope they dont drop back into fourth gear because it might be a massive whitewash....

Cowwarr are most likely to challenge them they have the form, a pretty good traditional set up and good targets up forward. Unsure on Glengarry still. My smokey is Churchill, I think they will roll Rosedale comfortably and if they cop Glengarry second week could see them adavance to the prelim and push Cowwarr at least..

Rumours are fierce about Boisdale, heavily recruting next year...just hope they dont lose sight of what they have achieved in the second half of 2011..done well with a very young side and despite only winning two games have probably had results consistent with higher sides in the last six weeks..

Totally agree on Boisdale.

Not sure on the Cougars making an impact mate.

Win/Loss against Rosedale, both lopsided.
Win/Loss against Cowwarr, first time out everyone was beating Cowwarr at the time.
Smashed by Glengarry.
Beaten twice by Sale but we were very competitive at times in both games.

If it was anywhere other than Stratty I would be very confident this week but it hasnt always been our favourite road trip! Close game to go either way in front of bugger all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back