Racing October Daily Punt- A cup , A plate and trip up Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Early thoughts for Caulfield.

A little worried about how much rain the track has copped or will cop between now and first race tomorrow so looking to keep my powder dry early.

R5#8 Isthmus happy to side with the race fit horse that has map and fitness edge over her two key rivals in betting. Dominant win first up and that horse since went to MV and shit in. Got her marked a little shorter than current market.

R6#3 Gee Gee's Mistruth. Form already been franked with Bellatrix Star winning last week. Melham got caught napping at MV and BS took the run that Gee Gee should have taken. Caveat is drawn wide here and not sure where she slots in. if they are off fence by race 6 i can see her starting shorter.

R8#14 Plenty Of Ammo Another we probably need pattern in favour to be winning, but market found her somewhat first up and she exceeded market expectation v the males in the inferior part of the track. Arguably probably should have won. Back to own sex here and fitter. I desperately want to save on Sky Bird, but she just has no early speed and that gate could prove a nightmare, but at current prices backable.

R9#2 Gentleman Roy Class horse that loves the T/D and has map advantage over main rival in betting. Thought Law Of Indices could be the blowout

The Cup looks thin. I'll probably back Zardozi and Land Legend and look to save on Eliyas and Buckaroo. if Deny Knowledge comes out i think it makes Eliyas task of slotting in a little easier.

Sydney is tough another i am waiting on until tomorrow morning to really knuckle down some bets. Have already taken a position on Sunshine In Paris and think the 2 blowouts are Private Eye and Steffi. Joiliestar too short at minute but could save on day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing October Daily Punt- A cup , A plate and trip up Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back