Racing October Daily Punt: Planting a Cup on top of Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

As in tomorrow closer to the jump. Or do you still expect it to be smashed?

I think it has to start shorter given that it will be $1.30 in the world pool and is a genuine $1.50 chance.

Against that the local market couldn't properly rate a good foreign horse if they tried - Dubai Honour jumped $7 in the Ranvet and they truckloaded Montefilia and Mounga lol

RW is giving significant weight to some competitors. I think he’s poor value at $2.30.

I took Right You Are each way at $19/$4.5 (best value in the race IMO)
Soulcombe @ $9
Don’t mind Osipenko @ $7.8

They’re great value getting 4-5 lengths off RW at the weights.

RW is giving significant weight to some competitors. I think he’s poor value at $2.30.

I took Right You Are each way at $19/$4.5 (best value in the race IMO)
Soulcombe @ $9
Don’t mind Osipenko @ $7.8

They’re great value getting 4-5 lengths off RW at the weights.

Utterly terrible analysis. Right You Are is rated 6.5kg below RW and gets only 4kg off here. It has absolutely no chance of winning

RW is absolutely thrown in against everything

Osipenko can’t get within 2 lengths of winning a g1 and you want to take $7.80 against a horse that has repeatedly destroyed international fields? It is one of the worst bets at that price of all time. It’s a 15/1 shot at best.

Anyone who thinks Soulcombe is a single figures chance against romantic warrior had no clue

Utterly terrible analysis. Right You Are is rated 6.5kg below RW and gets only 4kg off here. It has absolutely no chance of winning

RW is absolutely thrown in against everything

Osipenko can’t get within 2 lengths of winning a g1 and you want to take $7.80 against a horse that has repeatedly destroyed international fields? It is one of the worst bets at that price of all time. It’s a 15/1 shot at best.

Anyone who thinks Soulcombe is a single figures chance against romantic warrior had no clue

We’ll see. Timeform only has 10 pounds between RW & Right You Are’s Underwood run. The numbers don’t lie. RW also only has 8 pounds over Soulcombe & 7 over Osipenko. I’d be very nervous taking the short odds on RW if I were you.

RW is a bet in the Cox Plate, not the Turnbull.

We’ll see. Timeform only has 10 pounds between RW & Right You Are’s Underwood run. The numbers don’t lie. RW also only has 8 pounds over Soulcombe & 7 over Osipenko. I’d be very nervous taking the short odds on RW if I were you.

What?

Riddle me this , how would RYA go against the best quality overseas ? I’ll tell you , it’d go full Golden Pal at Royal Ascot

RW has performed and beaten against high quality , remember what Dubai H did to our best?….. well RW when meeting DH murdered him

Romantic Warrior will walk this in

It’s not losing the turnbull and winning the cox plate. It’s a 1.50 shot here and is an utter moral against the local b graders.

‘Only 10 pounds’ ? That is an absolute gulf in class. Anyone tipping against it really has no ability to judge international form properly. But we have known that is the case in australia for some time

Historical outcomes also suggest that our ratings are 3-5 pounds to high as raiders with similar ratings almost always prove superior on arrival

What?

Riddle me this , how would RYA go against the best quality overseas ? I’ll tell you , it’d go full Golden Pal at Royal Ascot

RW has performed and beaten against high quality , remember what Dubai H did to our best?….. well RW when meeting DH

Romantic Warrior will walk this in

Of course RYA would get demolished by those horses at equal weights! No one is debating that.

But now he gets a 4kg advantage, so the gap between them closes significantly.

Of course RYA would get demolished by those horses at equal weights! No one is debating that.

But now he gets a 4kg advantage, so the gap between them closes significantly.

Yes he’ll probs get beat 2 or 3 rather than 5 or 6

‘Only 10 pounds’ ? That is an absolute gulf in class. Anyone tipping against it really has no ability to judge international form properly. But we have known that is the case in australia for some time
10 pounds is only 4.5kg. And he’s getting a 4kg advantage. Might be closer than you think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t shoot the messenger. That’s how racing handicapping has been for 100 years. That’s how ratings are calculated.

Most people work with 1 kg = 1 length these days.

But using your numbers on OR he needs 6.5 kgs and is getting 4 so should get beat about 3 lengths. Seems right

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing October Daily Punt: Planting a Cup on top of Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back