Van Der Zeevalk

All Australian
Sep 16, 2005
Gods Own Country
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nat Young The Second
Got the idea for this thread listening to my favourite regular radio program this evening.

You have one last wish - one thing you would really love to do before you leave this mortal plane.
What would it be?

And please, guys - keep it clean, and refrain from potentially libellious suggestions...... :D

For me, without a doubt it would be to be able to step inside a time tunnel and travel back to 1979 - 80 - that period on the threshold of childhood and adolescence. The last blast of wanton stupidity and fooling around before assuming a more serious role in life, that time of enormous discovery, first crush, first pimples, all that sort of stuff.
Some damn good tunes around at that time too. ;)

being young there are lots of things i want to do like learn a language, travel around the world, have a 3 sum with 2 other girls and probably really high on the list do everything in the karma sutra

Everything Moosehead said except learn a lanuage even though I got that extra bit of time to learn seeing he has still got a good three years on me. How about Port winning another Grand Final?

I must be in an overly content mood today so it won't be too exciting from me. I'm pretty happy with the cards life dealt me. Happily married, 3 beaut kids, wolf not too close to door financially, travelled o/s for a couple of years, was at the 2004 GF. I won't ask for too much.
If no time tunnel:
To live long enough and be healthy enough at the time to take my grandchildren to a GF won by Port (my oldest child is 15 so grandkids are a little way off yet).
If in a time tunnel I'd choose one from:
1. As a kid have played club football, and cricket. I just played muck around footy at high school, and as much soccer as anything else. Then later went surfing, snorkelling, diving etc. Now my kids play I really wish I had that in my background.
2. Have busted my guts, worked a couple of jobs, and begun buying property in the 70s and put tenants in. Places that were once cheap like Unley or Henley Beach, and where at times since prices have gone mad. I could retire now if I had.
3. Have done my Uni degree back in the 70s when it was free and I had no commitments other than a social life. Instead it took a lot out of us when I did it over 5 years in my 30s and it was murder as I had to work full time, our kids were being born, and we had to pay for the fees.

PS
Moosehead, I echo what VDZ said. I add the old caution 'Be careful what you wish for', sometimes fantasy outweighs the reality.

After being at the GF last year, everything else is just gravy.

What I really wish for is soon going to be seditious, so if I told you, they'd have to disappear you.

Next on the list, though, I'd like to spend a few months up in the Kimberley, mess about in Broome, then head over to Darwin and the rest of the coastal NT. Maybe it will happen. :)

My life has had it's ups and downs but I really wouldn't want to change a single thing about the past. It only makes you stronger.
I have travelled around Australia numerous times and have no real desire to travel overseas at this point in time.
I have some fantastic friends that I have met in the last 5 months.
The only thing that I can say that I would really wish for is that my son gets everything out of life that he desires.

Oh forgot the most obvious, for the POWER to win more premierships and for my son, our close friends and myself to be there to witness it.

blackdiamond said:
I was going to put together a voodoo doll of Josh Francou but I don't like my chances of getting a strand of his hair. :p

Now now Scott, be nice. :p I told you before that if you want to make a voodoo doll, how about one of the Adelaide Fruit Tingles. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moosehead said:
being young there are lots of things i want to do like learn a language, travel around the world, have a 3 sum with 2 other girls and probably really high on the list do everything in the karma sutra
Should try putting an ad in the paper.
"Young male seeks luscious double-jointed blonde model who is into yoga and has an open-minded twin sister."
I wouldn't use your real address in the ad though. :D

*PAF said:
Should try putting an ad in the paper.
"Young male seeks luscious double-jointed blonde model who is into yoga and has an open-minded twin sister."
I wouldn't use your real address in the ad though. :D
id probably get a reply from some fat ugly chick that says shes blonde and shed come to my place and try to rape me

portentous said:
Tell my family how much I love them. Honestly, that's the only thing I'd wish for, the chance to say 'goodbye' properly.

Tell my son that at least once a day anyway so he knows how much I love him. As for the rest of the family, I tell them I love them whenever we catch up. Didnt get a chance to say goodbye to my sister or dad so I always make sure that Troy knows how much he means to his mum

Moosehead said:
id probably get a reply from some fat ugly chick that says shes blonde and shed come to my place and try to rape me
I'd dare say that would be one of the more tame responses too.

Every 12 year old in the country would have a field day writing replies. Not to mention the ones that are 12 year old in the brain like portentous and noddy. :p :D

bring it on said:
Tell my son that at least once a day anyway so he knows how much I love him. As for the rest of the family, I tell them I love them whenever we catch up. Didnt get a chance to say goodbye to my sister or dad so I always make sure that Troy knows how much he means to his mum

So now you're a BETTER mum than me huh?? :mad:

JK Sharon. :D

1 See Iron Maiden live
2 Have lunch with Homer Simpson :p
3 Great health for my family and all other Power supporters
4 Make my F1 debut (lol I'm 40)
5 Have drinks with Eddie Maiden :thumbsu:
6 To see Port beat the tingles in a grand final by a point after a dubious umpiring decision ;)

See Port win another Grandie

Make a ton for Australia or scam a hat-trick

Make sweet, sweet love to either Alyssa Milano, Fergie (from Black Eyed Peas), Jessica Simpson, Kiera Knightly or all of the above (at the same time :D )

Sorry thats three, but a genie always grants the magic number three :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Off topic - One Last Wish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back