Off Topic Random Posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since you work there you know very well what the hourly rates are for partners, seniors, associates, international resources/experts pulled in from other markets and then expenses. Lets do the numbers over a 10 week engagement.

How many people worked with the main dude?

I've had a project completed by a big 4 team that took about 8 months to complete and that was 800K.

It is probably safe to assume it was in the vicinity of 100-400k. It really depends on the number of people and their experience.

It is a massive waste when we consider we could be putting that towards paying out Hardwick or more/better assistant coaches.

Essentially though what did they actually do?

Really just the boards job... I don't think a sporting club is so intricate that a review of the goings on would not reveal what the issues were. Our board are delusional though, or so we think, and make decisions like extending Hardwicks contract before the season. Maybe, this decision wasn't as bad as everyone thinks based on the inside knowledge/facts the board had available to them when they completed their review. Maybe Hardwick does have a knack and it is other factors at work preventing our success.

We'll find out next year that's for sure. Hopefully we can find out how much this review cost in our annual report.

It is probably safe to assume it was in the vicinity of 100-400k. It really depends on the number of people and their experience.
Agreed
It is a massive waste when we consider we could be putting that towards paying out Hardwick or more/better assistant coaches.
Disagreed

Club has the cashola to do both

Off topic though, this is about Balme

These dudes have a uncanny knack of spewing up on themselves, the footy world is just laughing at them. Don't go to that surgeon in a million years.

He may be an excellent doctor. Unfortunately for him though, he has the business acumen of my puppy.

The doc is not a leaders arseh*le.

It's your story mate, you pulled $1m out of your arse, tell me more....

How do you know its out of my ars? Have they done work for you in the past?

FWIW, work on $2k per day. Not sure how many of them are in there performing the review. Minimum 2 plus a partner who will provide oversight (try $3k pd).

If we are paying $1m for this review, the entire board and management should be sacked on the spot. Will be couple of hundred thousand though (give or take a little bit).

I've had a project completed by a big 4 team that took about 8 months to complete and that was 800K.

Really just the boards job... I don't think a sporting club is so intricate that a review of the goings on would not reveal what the issues were. Our board are delusional though, or so we think, and make decisions like extending Hardwicks contract before the season. Maybe, this decision wasn't as bad as everyone thinks based on the inside knowledge/facts the board had available to them when they completed their review. Maybe Hardwick does have a knack and it is other factors at work preventing our success.

We'll find out next year that's for sure. Hopefully we can find out how much this review cost in our annual report.

The review was required. Partly because we had an inexperienced Head of Footy in Dan Richardson. DR may be a very competent administrator but he had never performed the role before. He was learning on the job and I reckon we got found out.

Having Balme come in will allow us to structure properly off the field. Good get and very pleased with having him join the Tiges.

Now time to go and get some experienced and successful assistant coaches. Ex senior coaches who were very good assistants should be top of the list. Leppitsch and Waters for mine. Waters was a very highly respected assistant.

FWIW, work on $2k per day. Not sure how many of them are in there performing the review. Minimum 2 plus a partner who will provide oversight (try $3k pd).

If we are paying $1m for this review, the entire board and management should be sacked on the spot. Will be couple of hundred thousand though (give or take a little bit).

I have the utmost confidence that the club is not paying anywhere near $1million for the review.

Some here know my sporting background and I'm a partner in a CA firm. Often we can work for a fee, and combination of fee and contra (say sponsorship or coterie membership) and, as I have done, for nothing due to brand exposure and love of the Club. You will note in the press release how EY, their skillsets and their clients, were mentioned. This is clever advertising and brand awareness for them. KPMG do the audit of the AFL. It's amazing the value that is put on the coverage on Brownlow Medal night of the two KPMG partners walking out with the briefcase full of votes.

There is no way the fee is anywhere near some of the amounts quoted here.

Haere ra

Yes, they may very well have however talk is cheap. Actions speak louder. Im sure they have spoken to many football people over the years but very few decisions have been made on a disfunctional football department.

All of a sudden decisions are being made left right and centre. Decisions that would not have been made while the board was coasting and unchallenged.

This board and Gale included, has lacked urgency, passion and desire. Now they seem to have found it.
Don't see FoF as the catalyst for the change. IMO the outcome would have been the same regardless of their influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LoL 1 mil.................

Don't see FoF as the catalyst for the change. IMO the outcome would have been the same regardless of their influence.

Not necessarily due to FOF, I agree. I think the other mob with Stephen Mandie carry a lot more weight and they had started a lot earlier voicing their concerns about the lobotomised state of this board

We agree that would be the absolute bare minimum cost? Right namesake?

If they put a vote to the members and asked would you rather we run a review that absolves the coach or use the money towards paying his severance, what do you think the supporters would vote??

I have the utmost confidence that the club is not paying anywhere near $1million for the review.

Some here know my sporting background and I'm a partner in a CA firm. Often we can work for a fee, and combination of fee and contra (say sponsorship or coterie membership) and, as I have done, for nothing due to brand exposure and love of the Club. You will note in the press release how EY, their skillsets and their clients, were mentioned. This is clever advertising and brand awareness for them. KPMG do the audit of the AFL. It's amazing the value that is put on the coverage on Brownlow Medal night of the two KPMG partners walking out with the briefcase full of votes.

Haere ra

What's your figure then mate?

$100k and some contra I would assume to be the minimum for 10 months work having known what these companies charge?

It's still a sizeable pool of money when you think of what that could have been put towards and so far, all I've seen is shuffling of deck chairs, blame on assistants for the bad season and recommendation to get a senior footy administrator.

You would of done more for nothing.

Still lots of questions for mine.

Fair call Docko. Not much in there to argue with! $400k is close to what a sensible board would pay for a 10 week review. Probably twice that by the dummies sitting on ours however.

Not necessarily due to FOF, I agree. I think the other mob with Stephen Mandie carry a lot more weight and they had started a lot earlier voiving their concerns about the lobotomised state of this board

Its been reported while invited to be a part of Bob the builders ticket,he declined at the infamous pub meeting

He also had nothing to do with the guy with a Fear of a Burqua Planet

Even if those $1m amounts quoted are correct, we're dealing with Ernst & Young, a top-flight, world-wide company.
Their expertise wouldn't come cheap unless, as you say, they may not even have sent an invoice.
At any rate, their analysis -- whether at top dollar rates or gratis -- and their ensuing recommendations could be compared to those of a Formula 1 engineering team as opposed to the backyard mechanics on BF.

Haere ra

Well based on this post I am now looking forward to seeing the EY logo on our jumper next year given the amazing opportunity we present to them for increasing their brand awareness.

You are also well aware that a big 4 accounting is extremely limited in its ability to trade fees for sponsorship. They have a marketing department for sponsorships for this reason. Never fee related! And comparing the ratings of the brownlow to a football review the club does not want publicised is again incredibly disingenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back