Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, forgot to reply to MG and Codeine, but yeah, music is subjective like that. I'm a little confused by your perception of Mark Ronson, though. I mean, do you only know him because of his colab with Bruno Mars?

Costello Music is the best album, as I'm sure El_Scorcho would attest to. A slightly different sound but I think it's a superior sound.

However, Here We Stand, which that is from, has a similar sound, obviously. So if you're after something similar, go for that.

Yeah Costello Music is rad, but I've had Here We Stand in the car for a few weeks and it's awesome. Just consistently good all the way through.

Each of the 3 albums has a pretty distinct sound as well, while still sounding like the same band.

If you were going to get into them (and do so, they are an awesome band), I'd go with chronological order. Costello Music first.

Yeah Costello Music is rad, but I've had Here We Stand in the car for a few weeks and it's awesome. Just consistently good all the way through.

Each of the 3 albums has a pretty distinct sound as well, while still sounding like the same band.

If you were going to get into them (and do so, they are an awesome band), I'd go with chronological order. Costello Music first.
Have you listened to their new EP? Soul Crusher or something, I can't recall, but you can probably google it. On my first and only listen to it about a month ago, I feel it had a similar sound to Tell Me A Lie, which is one of my favs. Interesting to see how the fourth album goes if that EP is any indication of the direction they're heading.

Which I'm now listening to:

Me and my girlfriend-at-the-time shat our collective panties in a bunch when the song played on Gossip Girl. Her favourite show and my favourite band happened to feature simultaneously. It was a really good moment.

Have you listened to their new EP? Soul Crusher or something, I can't recall, but you can probably google it. On my first and only listen to it about a month ago, I feel it had a similar sound to Tell Me A Lie, which is one of my favs. Interesting to see how the fourth album goes if that EP is any indication of the direction they're heading.
I haven't yet but I will tonight or tomorrow.

Tell Me A Lie is a good direction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah lend it and i'll rip a copy on one of those blank white CDs no one has used since the mid 2000s

Gibbsy has me sorted tho
Mid 2000's?

I was using them for a solid 24 months before I upgraded my car.

Stewart2Austin this Soul Crusher EP is pretty great.

I see where you were going with comparing it to Tell me a Lie, but it's still got that countryish twang you'd associate with We Need Medicine.

I see Here We Stand as the sort of "straight rock" album. Costello has that super fun 70s-ish vibe and as I mentioned, We Need Medicine is like the country/folksy side of the Stones.

Can anyone give me a band that sounds like the Fratellis? Just so I get an idea.

They've released 3 albums, so they aren't really inaccessible. Get Costello Music and listen to it a few times.

Simplistically, they sound like every British guitar band in the Post-Libertines era

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back