Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Great album art, that
Doesn't match the typical artwork of metal, that's for sure. Thus, they've been labelled hipster and shunned by a lot of the metal community, especially after the album was lauded heavily by a lot of popular music press [Yes, the metal community is ****ing awful and elitist].

In fact, I'm pretty sure it had the highest aggregate critic score on Metacritic come the end of 2013, beating the likes of Yeezus and Random Access Memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only a reasonable song, but it was the theme tune of Party of Five and in Party of Five Jennifer Love Hewitt looked like this:

hewitt.jpg

So that's a pretty good reason for me to have found it on youtube.

Actually, not certain. Right off the top of my head I'd say "no", but after looking on Wiki and reading a bit, it's possible I did see them years ago. If they're from Athens they would have played the club scene at Ohio University (not Ohio State). I used to go check out a friend's band there on numerous occasions before he moved to Chicago. I always loved it when a metal band would play the same gig, so I'd say I probably have seen them at some point early in their existence. Thanks for posting that!

Biggest Ohio name in metal is probably Mushroomhead. They're pretty good live. Obviously not Nordic black metal, though, just USA brand of metal.

Yeah I have heard them described as 'the little band that could'; a local band who have basically made it through relentless touring and now they're pretty big in the underground scene. Just a wicked black/thrash sound with riffs on riffs on riffs.

I think I've heard of Mushromhead, never listened to them though. Thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back