Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

I heard it was an eventful night for you Utility..... Should of stayed in town mate. Well done to the Rochy 3rds, outplayed the bigger stronger swans. That Hammo is a gun but he needs to get down and help out the backs and stop creeping forward. Was real impressed with Rochy's Dave Romer who marked everything that came his way, Perry Oliver who backed back into packs all day and showed great poise, Scott O'Connorwho showed great pace and was a class above and Carl Doolan who worked hard all day and got the hard ball.

All Rochy need is a good fullforward and they could give a few sides a run for their money. And if Tuohey came down to 3rds. FF D.Romer CHF. P.Oliver CHB D.Taylor FB. C. Ringin. Ruck S. Oakley RR S O'Connor R R.Tuohey
who was that real fat kid who played for rochy 3rds last year, the called him hulk or sumthen! does he play this year??

I heard it was an eventful night for you Utility..... Should of stayed in town mate. Well done to the Rochy 3rds, outplayed the bigger stronger swans. That Hammo is a gun but he needs to get down and help out the backs and stop creeping forward. Was real impressed with Rochy's Dave Romer who marked everything that came his way, Perry Oliver who backed back into packs all day and showed great poise, Scott O'Connorwho showed great pace and was a class above and Carl Doolan who worked hard all day and got the hard ball.

All Rochy need is a good fullforward and they could give a few sides a run for their money. And if Tuohey came down to 3rds. FF D.Romer CHF. P.Oliver CHB D.Taylor FB. C. Ringin. Ruck S. Oakley RR S O'Connor R R.Tuohey
Good call on that one Nesko. Not saying Rochy will make finals but with the 4-5 people who are injured back rochy could pick up 2-3 games that are unexpected. I personally have been impressed with Romer through the ruck role. I would have FF N.Kortum, CHF P.Oliver, C R.Tuohey, CHB S.Oakley, FF C.Ringin, Ruck D.Romer, RR S.O'Connor, R D. Taylor.
That there would be one of the best spines in the under 18's it is just the fact that Rochy has very little exta's playing for them. But at the moment Tuohey in 1's, Kortum in Locky, Taylor injured and O'Connor returning for his life long injury it is a difficult ask for the other boys.

Also i'm looking forward to the interleague squad and who Sirra goes with

To the Swans boys, you played exceptional footy for a half but when it came to the third quarter in the game, you where out muscled. To what i encountered you boys can't play hard football. Even with bumps and hard tackles you lacked agression at the player and ball. If you increase this part of the game you will be a stronger and better team

who was that real fat kid who played for rochy 3rds last year, the called him hulk or sumthen! does he play this year??

Jake "Hulk" Cotchin is having a run with Elmore in the HDFL this year, has had one game in the 1s but think he was back in the twos last week

Good call on that one Nesko. Not saying Rochy will make finals but with the 4-5 people who are injured back rochy could pick up 2-3 games that are unexpected. I personally have been impressed with Romer through the ruck role. I would have FF N.Kortum, CHF P.Oliver, C R.Tuohey, CHB S.Oakley, FF C.Ringin, Ruck D.Romer, RR S.O'Connor, R D. Taylor.
That there would be one of the best spines in the under 18's it is just the fact that Rochy has very little exta's playing for them. But at the moment Tuohey in 1's, Kortum in Locky, Taylor injured and O'Connor returning for his life long injury it is a difficult ask for the other boys.

Also i'm looking forward to the interleague squad and who Sirra goes with

Good spine there. Watching Kortum on the weekend you could tell he was out of his depth, a bit to slow for GV 3rds I think, he struggled. Needs to lose about 8-9kgs. What are the chances of Tuohey coming back soon? If Bruno Robbinson comes back he'll add some grunt and a bit of muscle around the packs and Taylor will bring versitility. Haisman wouldnt know were to play all these players as they all have the ability to play numours positions.

Speaking of umps, I noticed at the Bears-Euroa game on Sat that there was a crim umpiring. Nothing against him, but what's everyone think of the quality of the umpiring in 3rds? Its always been dodge I reckon.
atleast theres a neutral umpire and they wouldnt worry about a bit of wrestling u wouldnt think.

Jake "Hulk" Cotchin is having a run with Elmore in the HDFL this year, has had one game in the 1s but think he was back in the twos last week

Good spine there. Watching Kortum on the weekend you could tell he was out of his depth, a bit to slow for GV 3rds I think, he struggled. Needs to lose about 8-9kgs. What are the chances of Tuohey coming back soon? If Bruno Robbinson comes back he'll add some grunt and a bit of muscle around the packs and Taylor will bring versitility. Haisman wouldnt know were to play all these players as they all have the ability to play numours positions.

bad call that one, he did his job and much more. would love him to finish the year off with us.

benalla had a lot of quality players missing.

a lot of the time when people say that a team which lost, had players missing, they often add that missing key players is no excuse. but IMO it is a pretty valid excuse.

so therefore, with benalla missing so many key players, they have a reason for losing that match. benalla with a full outfit wouldve won by at least 10 goals.
mate, i absolutley agree with you when u say that if Benalla had its full team in the wouldve won by 10 goals or more. in fact, if benalla had its full team in at any one time, theyd be nearly impossible to beat. But.... with the abundance of talent that the benalla boys have, theres no way any of the better players will be returning to 3rds. the likes of priest, martiniello, berthisel, rockliff and harris are probably too good for thirds. whilst it was a good excuse when they were missing from week to week, now that theyve established themselves up in the better footy eg/ 1ns and bushies, they wont be back. i think benalla are looking for excuses that arent there, they need to start worrying about their performance on field.

Nah mate not pissed off. Just couldn't make the cut thats all. Who was the Euroa bloke who got cut i thought he would have made it. No one is a certainty at those things. Ah well good luck to the boys. Rob Tuohey was very lucky to make the side too. Should stop given sexual favours to the coach hahahah. Who am i chatting to anyway, or what club ya from might be able to pick ya

Nah mate not pissed off. Just couldn't make the cut thats all. Who was the Euroa bloke who got cut i thought he would have made it. No one is a certainty at those things. Ah well good luck to the boys. Rob Tuohey was very lucky to make the side too. Should stop given sexual favours to the coach hahahah. Who am i chatting to anyway, or what club ya from might be able to pick ya

Has the final team been announced anywhere yet?

They always pick the athlete with ok skills over the "footy player" which Pez is. He'll go along way in his footy career, no doubting that. Bloody hell, Tuohey is a suck. Who's the coach Keith Cooke?

can't believe the rubbish use are talking... evan pezz himself knows that he has trouble getting out of the trainers room and that was the x factor why he didnt make interleague... the bloke would of fitted in nicely at full back or evan a back flank... and Tuohey suck no dick mate, bad call on your behalf....

They always pick the athlete with ok skills over the "footy player" which Pez is. He'll go along way in his footy career, no doubting that. Bloody hell, Tuohey is a suck. Who's the coach Keith Cooke?

haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah thats good mate, its hard not to get a little disappointed though i reckon.. did you play last year? yeah im that bloke from euroa haha. yeah be good to see the boys have a win.
im glad brad cunningham from euroa is getting recognised, he's definitely a footballer more than an athlete even though he has got tonnes fitter his heart and footy brain will always out weigh his fitness 10 to 1.
rob seems pretty professional the way he goes about it, whats he like big fella?

dont think so mate. grant didnt make it after last night and greeny didnt turn up cos he was at trade school so i think that was the end of the seymour boys, could be wrong though
Roberts - thompson do you know the side if so can you please post it??
what number are you from euroa ??

Roberts - thompson do you know the side if so can you please post it??
what number are you from euroa ??

nahhhh sorry mate dont know the full team only remember a few players but they are obvious
priest and rockliff from benalla
macgibbon, keast, ryan, ommy and hicks from tat
giovaninioooo and cunningham from euroa
hacket from swans
bubbs from the bears
i think morris, fez and strawny from echuca
tuohy and romer from rochy
campbell, campbell, bingham and rendina from united
boshevski, mahoney and walsh from mansfield
any from mooopna? f#ck think i mighta named the whole side there.. actually im missing 2??

yeah im number 39 and number 5

think benalla are looking for excuses that arent there, they need to start worrying about their performance on field.[/quote]
dam straight u gota work with the players that u got avalible theres no use worry bout the players that r not playing they dont have those players in there team therfore they av to do there best with what there got its the same in any club.. everyones got injurys and players that r to good to play thirds therfor not inda team

Speaking of umps, I noticed at the Bears-Euroa game on Sat that there was a crim umpiring. Nothing against him, but what's everyone think of the quality of the umpiring in 3rds? Its always been dodge I reckon.
i think there not to bad the young ones tend ta get big heads n try to control the game to much but da old blokes hav been good

yeah thats good mate, its hard not to get a little disappointed though i reckon.. did you play last year? yeah im that bloke from euroa haha. yeah be good to see the boys have a win.
im glad brad cunningham from euroa is getting recognised, he's definitely a footballer more than an athlete even though he has got tonnes fitter his heart and footy brain will always out weigh his fitness 10 to 1.
rob seems pretty professional the way he goes about it, whats he like big fella?
Yeah its always a bit dissapointing to get that far then miss out but not trainin didnt help us. I got asked to try out last year but did go to any trainins. Yeah i am very pleased to see the two Euroa boys in. They train well and have skills. Do u think it is fair to say selection is based around who the coach likes and who they have seen. Eg. many Tat boys getting in. Not saying they shouldnt be in at all many of them are good players but it could be different if there where more kids for Ky, Mans, etc at trainin. Nah Rob is a good bloke, for a kid that struggles haha. Yeah he loves his footy, he is a better bloke now he plays at rochy full time. Yeah i no who u are now mate. Will catch up when you travel over to Rochy in a few weeks

Yeah its always a bit dissapointing to get that far then miss out but not trainin didnt help us. I got asked to try out last year but did go to any trainins. Yeah i am very pleased to see the two Euroa boys in. They train well and have skills. Do u think it is fair to say selection is based around who the coach likes and who they have seen. Eg. many Tat boys getting in. Not saying they shouldnt be in at all many of them are good players but it could be different if there where more kids for Ky, Mans, etc at trainin. Nah Rob is a good bloke, for a kid that struggles haha. Yeah he loves his footy, he is a better bloke now he plays at rochy full time. Yeah i no who u are now mate. Will catch up when you travel over to Rochy in a few weeks

yeah klay gio got another game with the bushies this week so think hes pretty stoked
yeah thats pretty obvious mate. paul sees all his boys play and mario sees his boys play so obviously favours them and your right they are probably good enough players but good to have a bit more diversity in it. dont think there was any ky or moroopna players selected was there? yeah i reckon if we have our full team in we will have a bit of an arm wrestle on our hands big fella, will be an interesting match you and us. slipping in a few quiet ones over the weekend i spose?

Anyone know anything bout that Cade Ringin from Rochester!? sore him play a couple weeks ago when we had the bye.. had a go.
hear he's tuning Scotty hann's little sister, any chance of a milking there boys!??

yeah klay gio got another game with the bushies this week so think hes pretty stoked
yeah thats pretty obvious mate. paul sees all his boys play and mario sees his boys play so obviously favours them and your right they are probably good enough players but good to have a bit more diversity in it. dont think there was any ky or moroopna players selected was there? yeah i reckon if we have our full team in we will have a bit of an arm wrestle on our hands big fella, will be an interesting match you and us. slipping in a few quiet ones over the weekend i spose?
Yeah fore sure. Well i would say our thirds will be back to the usual struggle but we will have i think three good players back from injury when we play you so yeah should be a close game, look forward to. catch ya when ya come over, have a few beers behind the goals. Robo and brad playin ones against us you think, and yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad