Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

Not sure how up to date this is but last week Rendina, Campbell and Cullum were in the seniors, Normo in Bushies and a couple of injuries O'Sullivan and Wagdin? I think? Some good players there which I am sure would really make United a stronger side. I have noticed lately that United have had a few players on permits over the last 3 weeks, is this because of injuries?

yer that sounds about right... i think u might find they get a pretty handy IN this week but also lose one.. iv had the flu for 2 weeks also so that hasnt helped my form... and warren didnt train tuesday night due to ankle injuiry and also a few other boys had to go down the the pool...

Hopefully everyone can get up at the right time of the year!

yeh united has been a bit undermanned lately, i saw they had 3 permit players on the weekend, any chance they will have most players back come finals? wats the go with uniteds centre half foward, not the big fella, the tall blond one, he was on the bench a lot on the weekend and hasnt seen him in the paper for a while?

What are people predictions on the Rochy v Swans game? Should be a pretty good game i rekon

yeah i agree, both very even teams standard wise... but swans dont have a perry oliver, rate him very very highly. if he can get his hands on it, he should be the difference just needs the other boys to help him a bit more. people say he is slow but it doesnt matter when the big bastard is sitting on your head at most marking contests. i highly doubt rob tuohy will be playing again so swans shouldnt need to worry about that. swans have a few little blokes that go alright as well.. im not putting my bet either way yet

anyone interested in giving their, hardest or best openents over the year or 2 years? or even most hated players? are we wallowed to do most hated or would we get in sh@t?

anyone interested in giving their, hardest or best openents over the year or 2 years? or even most hated players? are we wallowed to do most hated or would we get in sh@t?

luke sofi in thirds a couple of years ago, hard to play on and ya have to hate him as well when you give away stupid free kicks for retalliating to his cheap shots. pretty good player though and smart too.

played Benella today, scores even at half time, ky managed to just pull away at the end. Far stronger side than our last match could Knock seymour out of finals next week if they play four quarters like their first half.
WTF happened to United?? Demons4eva and Footy08 you lot short our something??
Also it looks like next week could be very interesting, if seymour lose they will defenitly be knocked out (lowest percentage) if mansfield and Shepp Bears both win it comes down to what happens with the Tat Ky game as to who gets a birth.

Matt Boyle, is my wosted hated when playing footy, don't know what he is like of the field but on it not a big fan. Richy Lilford recons hes alright of the ground what do others reckon??
Hardest oppenent, not to sure the game against united round two their full back played pritty well don't know his name weres a knee braces hard to get a kick on him. Probably the Toughest i have encountered this year.

played Benella today, scores even at half time, ky managed to just pull away at the end. Far stronger side than our last match could Knock seymour out of finals next week if they play four quarters like their first half.
WTF happened to United?? Demons4eva and Footy08 you lot short our something??
Also it looks like next week could be very interesting, if seymour lose they will defenitly be knocked out (lowest percentage) if mansfield and Shepp Bears both win it comes down to what happens with the Tat Ky game as to who gets a birth.

Im tipping you guys will lose next week and shepp will make the finals.. Shepp are lucky to have an easy last 2 games!

As for today with united i would think that was close to mooroopnas strongest team, only missing warnett.. We had to get 3 players to come fill in and I didnt see much of the game but wat i saw our boys couldnt do much right.. try'd hard but it all just went there way and they played fairly good footy.

That wouldve been Cooky playin on ya that day.. very good backman. didnt think u got much of a kick that day but that would explain it :thumbsu:

i tipped mooroopna in the upset of the round...interesting to see teams come finals time. with tat beating echuca to the tune of 45points they will finish minor premier no matter wot happens next week, they would have to be favourites going into the finals series its hard to argue that they arn't. thoughts?

i tipped mooroopna in the upset of the round...interesting to see teams come finals time. with tat beating echuca to the tune of 45points they will finish minor premier no matter wot happens next week, they would have to be favourites going into the finals series its hard to argue that they arn't. thoughts?
Tat are favorites for the flag. Interesting to see the drop in form from United, Echuca and Seymour. I think seymour will lose their forth in a row (I think) and drop out of the finals. Bears to sneak in as doubtful id Ky will beat Tat. Mooroopna played a great game on Saturday, just completly overpowered the demons for 4 quarters. Best game of thirds footy I have seen from a club this year. They just ran hard and evrything work for them. United had a few triers, but were out classed on the day. Numbers are a problem at the moment and the dees had to try and get players to fill in. No way could they play that poorly again. Will bounce back this week.

Have seen bits and peices of Thirds footy this year, Read the teams every friday in the paper though. At full strength (Including Senior and Bushies/ Pioneers) who would be the better teams. Tatura seem to be at full strength now?? but United and Mooroopna would have quality line ups at full strength would they not?

Anyone have a crack at the league medal and what the ladder will pan out like.
My ladder
Tat
Echuca
Shepp United
Moroopna
Ky
Shepp Bears
This will happen as seymour will lose, allowing shepp Bears in and Hopefully we can knock off Tat and stay in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no offence but i can't see ky beating tat...seymour i think will get over the top of benalla and shepp will most certainly come away with a win against the swans...

tat
echuca
united
mooroopna
seymour
shepp
ky
mansfield
benella
rochester
swans
euroa

league medal no idea

no offence but i can't see ky beating tat...seymour i think will get over the top of benalla and shepp will most certainly come away with a win against the swans...

tat
echuca
united
mooroopna
seymour
shepp
ky
mansfield
benella
rochester
swans
euroa

league medal no idea

I agree with u Fruitbowl...
Big first week of finals: Tat vs Echuca and United vs Bears will be a big game!!

luke sofi in thirds a couple of years ago, hard to play on and ya have to hate him as well when you give away stupid free kicks for retalliating to his cheap shots. pretty good player though and smart too.

yeah i agree on luke sofi! brad cunningham is on my team and ive never played a game where someone hasnt tried to kill him.. id say he'd be a very hated man in the GV
matty hebbards probably the best player iv played on... he an sakes a chance for the draft or a rookie spot FOOTY08?

yeah i agree on luke sofi! brad cunningham is on my team and ive never played a game where someone hasnt tried to kill him.. id say he'd be a very hated man in the GV
matty hebbards probably the best player iv played on... he an sakes a chance for the draft or a rookie spot FOOTY08?

I recon they would have to be chances n bein looked at... both playing solid footy n as its a weaker draft to most years probably gives them a better chance... but none of them got invited to the draft camp and recruiters arent to big on picking up guys a year older (from wat iv read anyway).. But who knows there both good players and i would say are a chance

watch out this week for Kyabram. they have improved dramatically over the past month, with up and coming players just finding some form late in the year. 1 person for example is Nick Brun, he is around 6 foot 2 inch. and is built gary ablet jr type. he has tremendous agility and awareness. he has had a quiet start to the year . but is now in tremendous form and is favourite for the kyabram b and f. he has been looked at by a few victorian AFL clubs in the past couple of weeks. and at only age 16 looks like he will be picked up in the 08 draft.

watch out this week for Kyabram. they have improved dramatically over the past month, with up and coming players just finding some form late in the year. 1 person for example is Nick Brun, he is around 6 foot 2 inch. and is built gary ablet jr type. he has tremendous agility and awareness. he has had a quiet start to the year . but is now in tremendous form and is favourite for the kyabram b and f. he has been looked at by a few victorian AFL clubs in the past couple of weeks. and at only age 16 looks like he will be picked up in the 08 draft.

haha yeh buddy

Hey cobber, incase u get stuck for words and u don’t want to over use the word tremendous I thought id come up with some other suggestions so u don’t kill the word;
Marvelous, Wonderful, Incredible, Fabulous, Fantastic, Remarkable, Awesome, Magnificent, Sensational, Out of this world, Super & Superb

your kiddin

Hey cobber, incase u get stuck for words and u don’t want to over use the word tremendous I thought id come up with some other suggestions so u don’t kill the word;
Marvelous, Wonderful, Incredible, Fabulous, Fantastic, Remarkable, Awesome, Magnificent, Sensational, Out of this world, Super & Superb
yeh righto mate. what you get out a thesaurus just to try and shut me down. get a life man.

PLayed tatura yesterday, by far the best side i have played this year (havent seen mooropna) quick strong big bodied, a dominant forward in omi, (will take a very good player to stop) just a good side all over the park, their skills a very neat as is there game style and tactics. i would think they'd have to be the favourites at this stage.
Tat V Echuca
Shepp UNited V Shepp (depending on who plays for united)
Seymour V Mooropna
picks in bold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad