Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

very bad day out for the lions, a few key players out on the day was no help.. rochester game to play and maybe the seymour boys were a bit cocky. seymour showed bad disipline giving away to many 50's and just got frustrated with a few bad calls from the umps.. real setback for the lions coming finals time.. :thumbsdown:

very bad day out for the lions, a few key players out on the day was no help.. rochester game to play and maybe the seymour boys were a bit cocky. seymour showed bad disipline giving away to many 50's and just got frustrated with a few bad calls from the umps.. real setback for the lions coming finals time.. :thumbsdown:

seymour a pretty useless outfit it turned out, few too many headcases...obviously they will make finals but they are a long way behind teams like shepp united, echuca and tatura

seymour a pretty useless outfit it turned out, few too many headcases...obviously they will make finals but they are a long way behind teams like shepp united, echuca and tatura

obviously not that far behind only losing to echuca by 10 points i think and united by 4..

obviously not that far behind only losing to echuca by 10 points i think and united by 4..

obviously a long way behind as they have not only lost to those teams but also losing to potential wooden spooners shows just how far behind the good teams they are

:) Echuca thirds will finally get back 4 more players this week, all top quality and another top line player next week. All have had injuries, 1 playing seniors and will be back after 4 weeks and the player back next week will be a BIG surprise. Echuca Looking the goods. Seymour, mansfield only beaten by Echuca by 10-14 odd points but Echuca had 5 u16 players playing and have done for the last 4-5 games. Watch this space!

saturday events are fairly clear to all spectators.. andrew green (captain and superstar) was out which damaged the midfield, ruckman out meant no idea for centreman, key player belsten out in first quarter, an umpire that looked like if he ran too hard would break a hip and a 14 yr old meant the free kick count was 30 odd to 11 ( that was rochy's way and our team manager marked down every free kick and at what time they occured ) 3 blokes gettin sent off for seymour, many 50m penalties, we wernt cocky but yes confident.. a thing id like to highlight is our waterboy and boundary were on the field at 3 quarter time with the unpires and during their discussion apparantly the older umpire said " the whinging soft c o c k pricks will get twice as much frees against them if they wanna sook about it'' or something along those lines, and i daresay this will be looked into during the week as a formal complaint was made i think.. but, to rochy's credit, they wanted it more and played in ripping style.. also, in 3 yrs of playing GV and never missing a game against rochy, i reckon there was 5 -6 very handy players out on the field ive never ever seen play before.. players who made the difference.. well done to em we needed that loss cos we won 5 or 6 in a row nd definately a wake up call.. not looking forward to training 2nite..

I'm happy you at least said lions were shit on the weekend. Dont give that a few players crap out. You play with the side you have as all bottom side like Euroa, Rochy and Swans have. And how old are blamin games on umps, shit. Coming up to finals it might just show where you boys are at. ****ing good on Rochy too, they have had a hard year along with Euroa and Swans, good on them for havin a good win. They try hard all game, everyweek

saturday events are fairly clear to all spectators.. andrew green (captain and superstar) was out which damaged the midfield, ruckman out meant no idea for centreman, key player belsten out in first quarter, an umpire that looked like if he ran too hard would break a hip and a 14 yr old meant the free kick count was 30 odd to 11 ( that was rochy's way and our team manager marked down every free kick and at what time they occured ) 3 blokes gettin sent off for seymour, many 50m penalties, we wernt cocky but yes confident.. a thing id like to highlight is our waterboy and boundary were on the field at 3 quarter time with the unpires and during their discussion apparantly the older umpire said " the whinging soft c o c k pricks will get twice as much frees against them if they wanna sook about it'' or something along those lines, and i daresay this will be looked into during the week as a formal complaint was made i think.. but, to rochy's credit, they wanted it more and played in ripping style.. also, in 3 yrs of playing GV and never missing a game against rochy, i reckon there was 5 -6 very handy players out on the field ive never ever seen play before.. players who made the difference.. well done to em we needed that loss cos we won 5 or 6 in a row nd definately a wake up call.. not looking forward to training 2nite..
Have to agree that I also heard the umpires were hopeless and the statements made were actually made, not good for the profile of umpiring. Green is a top player and would have been missed. Hope he is back this week as it will prove a great game in the midfield if he is there.

obviously a long way behind as they have not only lost to those teams but also losing to potential wooden spooners shows just how far behind the good teams they are
Well done Rochy Hope you boys can keep the form and knock off Moroopna this week, would be brilliant.

What does everyone think of the Echuca vs Shepp game? Shepp back in better form with players back and they seem confident of winning. Also does anyone elso think Big Echuca and Kurt_11 are the same people?

What does everyone think of the Echuca vs Shepp game? Shepp back in better form with players back and they seem confident of winning. Also does anyone elso think Big Echuca and Kurt_11 are the same people?

Gee that a surprise.. When arent they? They have one win and now they think there going to beat the top side.. But rochy did beat seymore on the w/e so anything is possible in footy.. Great effort by the rochy boys, well done fellas!

Comes at a bad time for us tho has we have to play seymore at seymore this week.. Tipping they will come out firing and hungry for a win on there home ground.. Should be a great game as it was last time going right down to the dying minutes! I should be out there trying to get a kick.. Cant wait, should be a good one!

Anyone got a tip for this game??

Good summary of what happened on sat. Waddo. From a spectators viewpoint the umpiring had a major impact on the game, (would have been one of the most frustrating games i've seen for ages) and it was fortunate that things didnt get out of hand out there. Still, it was poor discipline from some of the Seymour players who only needed to stick at it for another 10 mins or so to maybe win the game. Full credit to Rochy though they seemed to play with a bit more passion dare i say, must have been good for them to finally have a full team and they played very well.
Whats the go with greeny, is he right for this week?

Gee that a surprise.. When arent they? They have one win and now they think there going to beat the top side.. But rochy did beat seymore on the w/e so anything is possible in footy.. Great effort by the rochy boys, well done fellas!

Comes at a bad time for us tho has we have to play seymore at seymore this week.. Tipping they will come out firing and hungry for a win on there home ground.. Should be a great game as it was last time going right down to the dying minutes! I should be out there trying to get a kick.. Cant wait, should be a good one!

Anyone got a tip for this game??

Should be a ripper, it will be interesting to see if Seymour can bounce back-good test of character for the Lions. Will there be any big ins for United? Any Bushys or senior players dropping back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think until Kurt 11 says who he is he should be ignored as nothing more than an insignificant sh1t stirrer.

This morning Kurt 11 was red carded for starting a thread bagging a 16 yo footballer on the GV board. At the same time Big Echuca's account was closed. Draw your own conclusions. A great number of people have called into question his credibility and asked for a list of his achievements. His answer is to all this that he played some seniors as a 16yo.(I'm certainly not going to be critical of that).

This poster has been a scourge and a sniper on BF for some time bagging players, coaches and others (check kurt 11 and Big Echuca's threads) to a level that is unacceptable. His own modest football achievements have not come close to the people he loves to drag down.

He has neither played VLine, Interleague, Bushies or Vic Country. He has not coached premiership winning teams or developed young players, but continues to pass judgement on people who are far more talented and have a real interest and dedication for the game.

This spiteful young man has a very senior leadership position in an GVFL under 18's team (read the threads and you'll work out the club very quickly) and a lot of people will be glad fthat he is off big footy for a while.

I hope you wake up to yourself soon P and get some credibility here.

This morning Kurt 11 was red carded for starting a thread bagging a 16 yo footballer on the GV board. At the same time Big Echuca's account was closed. Draw your own conclusions. A great number of people have called into question his credibility and asked for a list of his achievements. His answer is to all this that he played some seniors as a 16yo.(I'm certainly not going to be critical of that).

This poster has been a scourge and a sniper on BF for some time bagging players, coaches and others (check kurt 11 and Big Echuca's threads) to a level that is unacceptable. His own modest football achievements have not come close to the people he loves to drag down.

He has neither played VLine, Interleague, Bushies or Vic Country. He has not coached premiership winning teams or developed young players, but continues to pass judgement on people who are far more talented and have a real interest and dedication for the game.

This spiteful young man has a very senior leadership position in an GVFL under 18's team (read the threads and you'll work out the club very quickly) and a lot of people will be glad fthat he is off big footy for a while.

U don't mean pezza from Rochy do ya??

Who was the 16yo??

haha old mate perry oliver!!

haha nah i wouldn't have thought pez would waste his time with this kind of crap mate. most people on here know who he is when he does occasionally post on here but i could most certainly garantee you blokes that that kurt dude is not him.

also pez didnt play any senior footy until last year when he was 17, so whoever kurt is talking himself up it wouldnt be him.

just wanted to no, how is braden pullen going and farran priest

both r having good years... both playing senior footy at thier clubs.. although braden has come back down to 3rds to try and get the bears into the finals... played on braden for about 10-15mins on the wing a few weeks ago and he pretty much pooped on me! haha good guys too! :thumbsu:

Very very well said. I saw that thread too, which was a lowly, lowly and unjustified act. No need to further mention the young fella on the end of it.

I hope kurt_11's senior coach doesn't read the GVFL senior forum because he's also stated that he is coaching poorly last season and this season. Now that his name has been exposed, I'm sure it will get back to him.

both r having good years... both playing senior footy at thier clubs.. although braden has come back down to 3rds to try and get the bears into the finals... played on braden for about 10-15mins on the wing a few weeks ago and he pretty much pooped on me! haha good guys too! :thumbsu:

hey has ryan normington qualified for 3rds finals this year? cos if he has shepp united would have to be favourites for the flag

hey has ryan normington qualified for 3rds finals this year? cos if he has shepp united would have to be favourites for the flag

Yep sure has.. Would be a great side if everyone that was able to play 3rds was availiable! But it will all come down to how far united 3rds, seniors and bushies go into the finals as to who plays 3rds..

Can anyone tell me how the Echuca coach is going this year? I see they are travelling quite well but wondering what sort of influence he is having.

He was a bit of gumby when I played against him, and I felt his best asset back in those days was he had a good looking girlfriend! Happy for feedback.

i hardly think one players going to make that much of a difference especially to elevate then to favourite status when united have been well outplayed by other contenders so far this year.
with united seniors also in finals id say the good thirds would be in the seniors best side any how...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad