Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics - Men's Hockey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You can guarantee Gord and Pierre will get the game for CTV, so please, if Buble takes any mic time off the CTV A-Team, I'll be pissed.

Bradesmaen is probably spot on, the crooner will probably talk to whoever is in the chair (Peacock or Holmes) in the intermissions. Well, fingers crossed anyway.

Tomorrow's going to be a great day. And in further good news, as far as I can tell, the only game from here on in in the men's tournemant that won't be live is tomorrow's Czech v Russia game. Everything else - live. Excellent news.

And a tip, hunch, whatever - one of Sweden, Canada and Russia will lose tomorrow.

You can guarantee Gord and Pierre will get the game for CTV, so please, if Buble takes any mic time off the CTV A-Team, I'll be pissed.

Bradesmaen is probably spot on, the crooner will probably talk to whoever is in the chair (Peacock or Holmes) in the intermissions. Well, fingers crossed anyway.

Tomorrow's going to be a great day. And in further good news, as far as I can tell, the only game from here on in in the men's tournemant that won't be live is tomorrow's Czech v Russia game. Everything else - live. Excellent news.

And a tip, hunch, whatever - one of Sweden, Canada and Russia will lose tomorrow.
I reckon at least one of the USA, Czechs and Finland will lose.:p

As for Bubble Boy, what will he bring to the table? "Canada, they're playing really good, eh."

Hi Guys.
Just wondering if anyone with better knowledge of the Olympic broadcast knows if Channel 9 plan on airing any Mens hockey at all? And whether they are going to show the USA/Canada match? I know the odds aren't good but I'm pretty keen to see it.

My personal tip, the only guarantee of a hockey match shown in full will be the gold medal game. If we're lucky, if it fits with whatever else is on, we may get the semi-finals too. As for tomorrow's games, I'm not sure 9 can commit to showing an entire game.

Like aforementioned, with other events, they can jump to and fro as they like to other events. With a hockey match, you really have to commit to the 2 1/2 hours, and disregard everything else, which, for those unlike us, isn't desirable.

So yeah, my tip, tomorrow, no, but the gold, and probably a semi or two, that's it.

If this makes sense, I'm going for the USA tomorrow, because Vonn lost and the Americans have softened on the "we're the greatest country here" thing, and the Canadians are getting a bit heavy on this hockey gold medal.

In a way, the hockey tournemant humbles the US a bit, so I'm going for them.

I like both Sweden and Finland, so don't mind either way, but I'll be big on the Czechs tomorrow.

I love the story of the times when the Soviet tanks ruled the Prague streets, and the only time the Czechs were even with the big red machine was when they both met on the ice.

For the Czechs, to beat the Russians in hockey, it means a whole lot more than the score, even to this day, albeit that motivaion has lessened somewhat. But its still there, look at why Jagr wears #68.

Big arse day tomorrow, Drummond, your lack of motiviation to sleep is understandable.

If this makes sense, I'm going for the USA tomorrow, because Vonn lost and the Americans have softened on the "we're the greatest country here" thing, and the Canadians are getting a bit heavy on this hockey gold medal.

In a way, the hockey tournemant humbles the US a bit, so I'm going for them.

I like both Sweden and Finland, so don't mind either way, but I'll be big on the Czechs tomorrow.

I love the story of the times when the Soviet tanks ruled the Prague streets, and the only time the Czechs were even with the big red machine was when they both met on the ice.

For the Czechs, to beat the Russians in hockey, it means a whole lot more than the score, even to this day, albeit that motivaion has lessened somewhat. But its still there, look at why Jagr wears #68.

Big arse day tomorrow, Drummond, your lack of motiviation to sleep is understandable.

Russians through to the quarters, Malkin and ovie go big..

I only saw the highlights but ovechkin cleaned Jagr's clock which lead to a turnover and the eventual game winning goal by Malkin..probably one vokoun could have stopped but still a tough one, t'was a great pass by semin

you'd think buble was a former ice hockey superstar the way these fox fools are fawning over him.

he just an ordinary fan ffs. Put me on there and I could talk some rubbish aswell..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are we watching the same game?

canada are killing them
Not really. They've had the more shots on goal yeah, but not many of them are quality scoring opportunities and Miller has had to make a few good saves, but no more than a normal game for Miller. While at the other end the USA have scored twice and could have scored 3 more times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics - Men's Hockey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back