Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics - Men's Hockey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please tell me why the dumbarse Russian coach gave Ovie three goes after he got lucky with his first shot (seriously it was millimetres away from not getting through the five hole.)?

I only got home to watch the 3rd and OT but Russia looked like they were getting bullied a little by the Slovaks. Slovakia are a good team and Halak is a class goalie but Russia really should be taking them to the cleaners after their days rest and Slovakia playing back to back.

Just watching Sweden v Belarus and the Swedes are dominating the match but Belarus just won't go away. They just don't have the overall quality to match it with the big teams but the Kostitsyn boys and Salei are backed up with good hard workers who make life hard for the opposition.

Gustavsson is terrible. That goal he let in was amateurish. Went down too early and was flopping around on his back without knowing where the puck was. Put Lundqvist in quick smart.

Just watching Sweden v Belarus and the Swedes are dominating the match but Belarus just won't go away. They just don't have the overall quality to match it with the big teams but the Kostitsyn boys and Salei are backed up with good hard workers who make life hard for the opposition.

Gustavsson is terrible. That goal he let in was amateurish. Went down too early and was flopping around on his back without knowing where the puck was. Put Lundqvist in quick smart.
They're giving Hank a rest, considering how many games he plays for the Rags.

There's only one Kostitsyn (Sergei) at the Olympics, Andrei is injured.

He was good before going to Toronto (check it out on YouTube), poor choice of club to join. Leafs goaltending coach Francois Allaire has completely screwed him up, has no confidence now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First look I've had of the Czechs, they've got enough going on to be scary as well. I've been reading about Jagr all week, and yeah, its true, he's still got it.

Chuck in Elias, Plekanec, Havlat, some bloody decent D, and Vokoun who can win you a game by himself, and they're a threat. They haven't got the talent of Russia, but look to be playing better. Monday night will be a corker.

How good was that Slovakia win last night, chucked just that added bit of spice into the tournemant. Wonder if that will cost Russia skipping the Secondary Round?

These rankings come Monday night are going to be interesting.

Top 4 go to the quarters, the rest battle in knockouts to pick a quarterfinal spot.

Finns look impressive on the powerplay, but not defensively or 5 on 5. If Sweden finally wake up they'll win that match, too much firepower for Finland who've had probably 2 of the worst 4 teams so far.

Another good showing by the Finns. :thumbsu: C'mon lads, been Sweden!

I agree that their 5-on-5 play needs work, but they all look solid enough and are all pretty good defensively. Koivu and Filppula, both elite defensive forwards, are beginning to show chemistry and they'll need to pot one or two against Sweden. Could be Filppula vs Zetterberg, the way the two are playing right now I'd take Flip.

Another good showing by the Finns. :thumbsu: C'mon lads, been Sweden!

I agree that their 5-on-5 play needs work, but they all look solid enough and are all pretty good defensively. Koivu and Filppula, both elite defensive forwards, are beginning to show chemistry and they'll need to pot one or two against Sweden. Could be Filppula vs Zetterberg, the way the two are playing right now I'd take Flip.

I know you love Filppula.. but seriously, that's insulting to put him and Koivu in the same sentence :p

so if america, finland and the czech's all in lose in regulation tomorrow (to the favourites), then that should put canada, russia and sweden as the top 3..with records of sweden 3-0-0-0, canada 2-0-1-0, russia 2-0-0-1..

leaving the US, finland, slovaks and czech's at 2-1-0-0, how would they determine the 4th to advance, most goals?

given how even the teams look these games, there will probably be an upset in at least one game...Id really like to see the US throw a cat amongst the pigeons and beat canada, that would really spice up the tournament.

Good. Great game from SK74.

I've just seen the advert for the Canada vs USA game tomorrow.

Someone with a strange sense of humour at Foxsports, every quick clip they show of Canada was the womens team. Then the biggest joke of all is when they announce that there will be special commentary from Michael Bubbles. What the **** for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics - Men's Hockey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back