official AGSV 2007 thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

does anyone have information on young lukey adams in year 11 at peninsula? heard good things...pulled his head in and his attitude has changed. won the b and f in a strong peninsula 1st 18 team in year 10 so has to be fair...any thoughts?

does anyone have information on young lukey adams in year 11 at peninsula? heard good things...pulled his head in and his attitude has changed. won the b and f in a strong peninsula 1st 18 team in year 10 so has to be fair...any thoughts?

yeh hes an absoloute gun
probably the biggest turn around in attitude going around
hasnt touched alcohol in the pre season
been running and weights every day
very big solid boy now
will be a very strong force
definatly play in the combined ags team this year
has also grown a couple of cms
pushing on the 6ft mark hes about 181 cms

is there any other peninsula boys that are looking good any1 no

yeh hes an absoloute gun
probably the biggest turn around in attitude going around
hasnt touched alcohol in the pre season
been running and weights every day
very big solid boy now
will be a very strong force
definatly play in the combined ags team this year
has also grown a couple of cms
pushing on the 6ft mark hes about 181 cms

is there any other peninsula boys that are looking good any1 no
Jarrad Grant should do well.

As nobody has mentioned Ivanhoe yet i thought i would bring them to attention. although depth will be an issue i do believe they have some talent in their Sqaud that should be given respect. Such as knights 18's player Michael Brunelli who has improved out of sight in the last 12 months who will be a key to success. Anthony Volpe will also be a strong asset with his hardness at the ball a key. Adam Clymo will also be a great asset not to mention a young up and coming Ruckman who the knights firmly have in plans for the future for the 18's in Jake Walsh. The one thing ivanhoe will lack is key position players but would love to hear anyone else thoughts on them because no one has mentioned them yet.

Ivanhoe lost their big 4 Year 12 players (Riddell, Weston, Greer and Spargo). Will be very hard to replace these guys as the team was built around them. Will be very reliant on the guys you mentioned. They blooded 3 Year 10s last year (inc. Brunelli) and one Year 9 (Gianfagna) and I expect plenty of blooding of Year 10s again this year. Walsh is 6'5" (Yr 11) and Sporr (Yr 12) is built like a brick s***house. Lachy Phillips and Snowy will rove. The talk is that swim star Thanasi Solomides may play and hold down CHF - WITH HIS PHYSIQUE THAT COULD BE INTERESTING!

Marcellin should go alright this year, they did well last year making it to the grand final and there year 11s this year are pretty dam good, some of them with a fair bit of 1sts experience. With the rest of them comming into the side and with the year 12s lead by James Tantis Hall, Nick Miller, Eamon Jenkins and Jamie Bain Marcellin should have a good year. In the comming years if Marcellin is going to win ags this would be the year.

Im pretty sure that all four of these players have pretty bad ongoing injuries...
James-Tantis-Hall- Hamstrings
Nick Miller- Shin Splints
Eamon Jenkins- Bulged Disk in his back
Jamie Bain- Osteitis Pubis

correct me if im wrong but thats what i have heard

Agreed, Marcellin will be strong this year, although with the likes of Cotchin, Maric, and Joyce playing for PEGS, second is the best they can hope for. Tantis-Hall has a lot of 1sts experience as he has played since year 9, and Luke Stanton is a gun who has been awarded an ais scholarship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gianfagna is a gun, but has dropped off a bit and has a massive reputation that sometimes he cant back up. Walsh is a gun, bit soft sometimes, but usually a gun. I here he's got very fit and thats been something thats been holding him back for some time, often just playing the whole game at FF when he should be able to hold down the ruck for at least a half. James Moio and Andrew Bransgrove are awesome, Bransgrove may be a bit young though. Ollie Guilano mite also come up and score a game in the 1s.

You are right that there will be plenty of opportunities for Year 10 boys at Ivanhoe. Gianfagna is a good player but sometimes directs his aggression at the opposition - he was sent off last year as a Year 9 player roughing up the Marcellin firsts! Gualano will be in England playing cricket for a large part of the footy season though. Walsh is a lot fitter - the Knights experience has helped there! Moio will definitely play. The problem at Ivanhoe is a lack of good footballers at Year 11 level. Aside from Walsh, Brunelli, Kingsford and Farrentino no one else knows what a footy looks like. Fortunately, the Year 10 group can play though.

gianfagna copped 6 weeks last year in junior club footy :p he doesnt think of the team sometimes and just goes in without thinkin of the consiquences. Gualano is sh!t at cricket now, used to b a gun and is a fair handy footballer. Any idea if bransgrove will play? Now that Walsh is fit, he'll be set for a huge season!!!

Agree that Gianfagna needs to make the ball his priority - he could be a great player if he changes his focus. Walsh is a lot fitter so the ruck should be his future - in the past he was always a forward at school and at club level. I haven't seen Bransgrove or Gualano play footy. But I can tell you that you are wrong about Gualano's cricket - 262 runs @ 33 runs apiece and 11/202 over the season with the ball in the Jika League Under 17s for East Ivanhoe is a fair stat. He has also scored 3 centuries in the seniors for Old Paradians. In school cricket his bowling was very solid and he regularly tied down the opposition.

Ask him how he went in dowling. . .

And those 3 centuries were for D grade

He still won the All-Rounders Trophy in Under 17s @ East Ivanhoe. He also bowls more overs than any body else in the Ivanhoe Grammar Firsts where he has been a permanent fixture all year at the age of 15. He also bats in the first 6 every week. Admittedly, the team struggled this year but he still starred for them with the ball.

Im pretty sure that all four of these players have pretty bad ongoing injuries...
James-Tantis-Hall- Hamstrings
Nick Miller- Shin Splints
Eamon Jenkins- Bulged Disk in his back
Jamie Bain- Osteitis Pubis

correct me if im wrong but thats what i have heard
They're all fine. All completed a praccy match against Mebourne HIgh yesterday and all played fine.

ohhh ok...

couldnt make it to that game? who won?
and.. are melbourne high any good?
who played well?
Marcellin defeated them by 2 points. In my opinion Gasperrini for Marcellin got best on. James Tantis-Hall didn't play due to commitments at Knights, but he is fit and ready to go next friday. Eamon Jenkins, Nick Miller and Jamie Bain all played good games. Eamon got sent off in the second quarter. He pushed a guy in the face infront of the umpire. I'm not sure if Melbourne were playing a full strenghth side but i know that Marcellin had at least 10 senior players out due to TAC commitments. Marcellin were good considering the players they had out, but Melbourne weren't great. I'm not sure if that was due to having key players out or not. Good signs for Marcellin in Luke Giles who is in year 10 playing a strong game in the backline and Year 9 Josh Caddy looked very prommising.

Ivanhoe are 2 from 2 in ther practice matches against haileybury and ballarat grammar they will be better than expected this season with ther run and carry. Anthony Volpe has dominated in both matches provided run and hardness at the ball gathering over 25 possessions in both matches. Trevor cotsworth and christian gianfagna provide run through the middle also and should have strong seasons, dave edwards as a small forward has been inacurate to date though is receiving plenty of the ball. This will be a much fitter side than what we have seen in the past with possible success this season.

yer ivanhoe i rekon will finish top 2. they just gotta get rid of matty goodrope, he is a liability to the squad, absolute shocker.
anthony volpe should be captain, hes a freak show.

yer ivanhoe i rekon will finish top 2. they just gotta get rid of matty goodrope, he is a liability to the squad, absolute shocker.
anthony volpe should be captain, hes a freak show.

Top two is definately pushing it. Obviously PEGS will win the title and I think Marcellin will be heavy favourites for second. And Peninsula, Assumption, Trinity and Mentone will all be pretty decent. They have a good side this year, but a few losses in close games could see them slip to around sixth. The only real dud teams are Camberwell and Yarra, they're always crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

official AGSV 2007 thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back