Official Cameron White Thread

Is this inclusion of Cameron White in the One Day team a good or bad thing?

• good

Votes: 146 71.6%
  • bad

Votes: 58 28.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cameron White --> Potential Australian Top 6 batsman?

JohnWorsfold said:
well considering his dad is a legend he will walk into the test team on the name alone
you fool it doesnt work like that anymore, you have to earn selection

white's batting average will be deceiving at the moment... he started off in the side playing purely as a bowler... i'm sure if we had his batting numbers over the last couple of season they'll paint a different story...

White could make the top 6 of any other side in the world, but this is the Australian team you are talking about. In terms of this side he is not even close.

If you are going for an Batting Allrounder, I would rather Hopes, Blewett or *shudders* Thornley then White. Even maybe George Bailey in a couple of years time.

Cullen is a very good spinner and IMO this will keep White from playing Test Cricket. If he wasn't there then White would have a chance as a bowling allrounder.

I agree with Bentleigh, I think he will make it as a Top 6 for Australia

I also think the stats here are misleading, given where White bats for Victoria in particular. Each time I have seen him bat (admittedly less than 10) inclduing a few knocks for Australia A he certainly looked solid with a good technique and good array of shots.

Great head on the shoulders too which will take him a long long way.

Will make it.

Best in the world?

Jesus Christ....

Average batsman, crap bowler good fieldsman.

No idea.

He'll get some shots before the World Cup for sure.

Star said:
II also think the stats here are misleading, given where White bats for Victoria in particular. Each time I have seen him bat (admittedly less than 10) inclduing a few knocks for Australia A he certainly looked solid with a good technique and good array of shots

Correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond said:
White's bowling is on a par with Muller.

First Class stats beg to differ

Muller games 30 Wickets 102 at 23.50
White games 44 Wickets 102 at 34.59

yeah i recon he will be, probly fit in at number 4 or 5 sooner or later..

Considering this bloke has batted once in an ODI and only got 1 wicket from a handful of overs, you idiots are pretty quick to write him off.

Have you ever watched White at full flight? For example, against Pakistan last year when he made something like 3 50's from 4 digs.

As a spinner he is only a part-timer, but his batting average of 29 does not reflect his ability at all. He will end up averaging around 40-45 with the FC bat. He bats at number 5 and if anyone has ever watched him bat they will realise his class. Not only that, but when he was 17 he made his debut, and was a very raw player who was focusing on his bowling at that stage after batting at no 3 in the youth World Cup. White has to focus on batting and he will slot in nicely at no 5 for Australia.

People like BluesMan are so biased against any Victorians that they won't even realise Warne has talent.

The way the selectors are atm Cameron will be lucky to get another game for Australia. Maybe he should transfer to NSW then he would assured of a game.

SorryIHammerChicken said:
Considering this bloke has batted once in an ODI and only got 1 wicket from a handful of overs, you idiots are pretty quick to write him off.

Have you ever watched White at full flight? For example, against Pakistan last year when he made something like 3 50's from 4 digs.

As a spinner he is only a part-timer, but his batting average of 29 does not reflect his ability at all. He will end up averaging around 40-45 with the FC bat. He bats at number 5 and if anyone has ever watched him bat they will realise his class. Not only that, but when he was 17 he made his debut, and was a very raw player who was focusing on his bowling at that stage after batting at no 3 in the youth World Cup. White has to focus on batting and he will slot in nicely at no 5 for Australia.

People like BluesMan are so biased against any Victorians that they won't even realise Warne has talent.

Couldn't agree more.

I like my stats for the likes of White and where he bats and the job he does you have to look past that.

Very good batsman.

finders said:
The way the selectors are atm Cameron will be lucky to get another game for Australia. Maybe he should transfer to NSW then he would assured of a game.

I remember a couple weeks back hearing one of the selectors talking up White as a huge prospect for Australian cricket and one they are "trying to get into the team"

Cam White 20/20 stats -

Average 111.00
Strike Rate 144.15

finders said:

Wouldn't get a game for our second XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back